StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

A Global Thank You & Expressions of Appreciation/Gratitude

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:12 pm   Post subject: A Global Thank You & Expressions of Appreciation/Gratitude Reply with quote

With the relatively recent loss of several long-time members that contributed immensely to this community, it weighed heavy on me that we take too many things for granted in life and made me realize how important it was to express my gratitude for so many things before it became too late. I apologize ahead of time for the long-winded nature of this post (and no, nothing wrong with me to the best of my knowledge, just seemed like the right time to post something).

The idea behind this post is to basically say Thank You, but even more than that is to express my overall appreciation for a multitude of things. I plan to cover a lot in this post and frankly know I will miss some people for thank you shout outs, but wanted to do my best to express everything that has been going through my head recently. If I do in fact miss someone, please know that I have an overall appreciation for every single person in this community and realize how each one of you provide a unique and important contribution to this community that has made StreamingSoundtracks what it is today (plus I reserve the right to come back and edit this post for any glaring misses on my part LOL)!

First and foremost, THANK YOU to Jeric and BuyerQueen, if not for their time, effort, and hard work to establish StreamingSoundtracks (and all the other stations), we wouldn’t have had this unique, niche station to connect with other passionate film score enthusiasts. Additionally, thank you to all those people who contributed their skills to creating, improving and maintaining the website so that we can continue to enjoy this wonderful community still to this day! I can honestly say this station was a big part of my life for a long time (and still is) and has allowed me to connect with so many wonderful people that shared this unique passion for film scores. Finding new music, new composers, online friends and even meeting in person several times has been a true enrichment to me personally and I am sure to so many others. So again, THANK YOU for everything you have and continue to do!

It is crazy to think that I signed up for SST almost 20 years ago (back on December 12, 2004) and was the 8,729th person to create an account and SST is now at almost 50,000 people who have signed up. So much has happened and I have come across so many amazing people since that time. So, here are some call outs that have had a substantial impact on me that I wanted to get out there in the ether:

Those that made an impact in my life, that we have sadly lost:

PeteC, this loss hit me hard. PeteC, as so many know, was such a passionate film score enthusiast and an absolute pillar in the community. I had so many great conversations in chat about film score music and that even grew to conversations about so much more as well including economy, finance, life, etc. I even had an amazing opportunity to meet him in person when I went to the community gathering in New York to see the Ennio Morricone concert at Radio City Music Hall. I always looked forward to speaking with PeteC and was always excited to see when Pete was in chat. Frankly, without PeteC I am unsure how much I would have hung out at SST. I grew as a person by being friends with PeteC and I am sad that I let life take hold and didn’t stay in better communication over the years.

Cinder, another pillar of the SST community, always tried to include everyone and was always a bright spot in the chat. She always tried to stay in touch with her emails of all kinds of images and random stuff. Cinder was the positivity in chat it always seemed.

AveD I just recently heard of her passing. I connected with her over our discovery and enjoyment of Philippe Rombi music. She was even so kind as to record the movie to one of his scores that I had difficulty finding as I wanted to experience the movie with his score to the movie, Angel. I truly hope she is with the angels now, such a wonderful person and I am glad for the many times I got to interact with her!

maddog was another pillar in the SST community for so long. She was always welcoming and a kind soul in the chat. She is definitely missed in the SST community.

Those that have made an impact, that I no longer see around anymore and hope they are flourishing in life:

Just like PeteC, I was always excited to see when Bhelpuri was in the chat. I really enjoyed chatting with him and talking about film scores. He was always a busy person, but it was great to connect with him and talk about some of the best film scores. Definitely miss getting to chat with such a wonderful person.

Another person that I always enjoyed chatting with and connecting on even more than just film scores (waxing philosophical even sometimes) was Andres. I haven’t seen him in a while, (sadly I think the last time I ran into him was when I heard the news of PeteC’s passing), but my night time chatting sessions were always wonderful when Andres dropped in.

Twopop, an amazing person, that was always so giving and an absolute joy to talk to. She was always so wonderful to run into in the chat and definitely miss my interactions with her.

A true reach back into the past was Nenya, someone with great talents and a kind soul. She would always be a light in chat and just a genuinely lovely person.

Another reach into the past is Pingu, who was always around way back in the day, especially when studying. There was always a lot of back and forth between her and PeteC and Bhelpuri. I definitely have memories of how filled up and quick chat would move back in the day with all these people in chat!

Phireangel, a fireball from across the sea, who often was online late at night and bantered back and forth with PeteC. I know she was starting a family back in the day and hope all is well with her and her family.
Arya, another fireball in chat when she come in and always has plenty to say. Another that would foster a crazy back and forth with Mr. PeteC.

To those I still run into and see around every so often that have been a big part of my SST experience over the years:

Gotta start with Lmarrese here, she has been a wonderful person to know and has always been there to banter with, be it me, PeteC or others. My hockey person from up north as well. I truly appreciate our history and hopefully continue to know you for many years to come (as long as you don’t get too mad when Avs win the cup again)! LOL

Istagi, always been great to know someone else in the great state of Colorado and it is always good to hear from you in chat. I always appreciated learning a bit more about your culture and it was good to hear about how things are going in the IT world! LOL

Always good to see nessysheep drop into chat and hear about how busy life is and how things are going. Always great to hear about the good things happening in life.

Bruiser, often around in chat enjoying some music, but also great about letting us into her little slice of life and what is always happening. Great to hear where her journey in life takes her, be it skating, be it a new job, but always with a plowing ahead and taking life right on.

And to those that I had fewer interactions with but still played an important role in building the community and enjoying the experience here at SST (that I hope are doing amazing well):

Resist_All, winner of most consistent song selection of all-time??
Ladyinque, always enjoy reading her commentary in the forums.
JadedTitan, a very kind and wonderful person, got to meet her at one point and just as nice in person as well.
Siriuscreations, helps me feel connected to planes, traveling and what all is going on from composers in Europe!
Bpewien, our resident composer, always interesting to know what all is going on with his career.
Thur, has enough time passed that I can roll with thuring yet?
Wrabbit, chaos in a bottle, and always there to poke and prod PeteC back in the day.
TheSnowLeopard, always enjoyed my convos with him.
Lieserl, the artist. Always impressed by what art she was working on. Also another person that was always a joy to see in chat.
Exocet, still pondering the hotness of Ziyi, appreciate him bringing it to our attention to consider
Arlingirl
alien_avatar
Molossus
Masked_playtpus
J2brown
Jbarta
Zirael
Genericdragon
Luther_III
Rebeccabutterfly
FrozenHan
Obi-son
Rhubarb_Runner
Socr8s
Workervr
Tjoe
Carlifornia_carl
Zgurl49
SIN55
Sanityissues
The_lake_effect
Violalover
CVinHawaii
Alchemist
Cocles
Caliburn
Saffron
Asriana
Don0don
Taryn
Furyen

I am really going to try to drop in more often than I sometimes have in the recent past, and hopefully I will run into some of those that I haven’t seen in a looooooong time. I am always curious to hear how things are going with all of you and truly hope the absolute best for each and every one of you.

Simply put after all of this, I am eternally thankful, grateful and appreciative to be a part of this amazing community and I hope it sticks around for many more years to come. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR EVERYTHING!
USA JadedTitan VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 19134

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Places like this site don't really exist anymore on the net and that is sad. I do not come around often anymore either, but Nate sure did call out a lot of great people that will be missed. It is still a joy to pop in and request things at random and to know that this site is still around!
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what to say, so I'm just gonna go with

Thank you, Nate!
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, thank you, Nate, for expressing the gratitude that many of us feel for having had the privilege of interacting with the music AND the people here at SST!!

:mrgeen:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: