StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Health of tazman43m
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

oh thanks Tink. I am so glad you were there to catch the chat. It helps us folks who don't drop in at the right moment.

The staff there at the hospital must think we are something else for Taz to keep his lap top so close at hand all the time.

Do we have a home address yet? Cards are such a great cheer up as well. I am sure we could send a few and help decorate his room as well.

thanks again Tink and Andres.
C.
Ensign

Member#: 331

Andres is offline View user's profile Send private message View Andres's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

(We had another 'update' tonight. I have separated it out of the chat for various reasons. I think it is self-explanatory. -Andres )

This is Moma taz

Jim has asked me to ask you to play some real good ST's (whaterver that is) for him

this is Jim's Mom

I just left him an hour ago at the hospital w/his laptop. He showed me before surgery I to sign in and chat

The doctor has let him keep his laptop on your site.

My son has been experiencing severe headaches since the accident, that is why he was getting knocked out in order to sleep

Jim says you people are the greatest and thanks in advance for the well wishes and friends.

The surgery today found a bone fragment that was cutting into his spinal cord causing loss of fluid, which per the doctor caused his severe headaches. The neurosugeon repaired the nerve and the cord. That area of his spine is now fused, as well.

Jim was sleeping when I left the Hosp. but before he went down , he showed me how to access your site.

They will keep Jim under sedation, until Saturday. He has minor paralysis on his right side, and minamal use of his right hand for now.

The doctor said that if the nerve heals, and the swelling goes down he should be ok, like before this stupid accident.

I don't know how you know my son, I just know he wanted to be logged in when he would be awakened.

Jim is in full cervicle/spinal tranction. To protect his neck he also now has a halo for the next 6 weeks.

It amazes me that instead of worry about the surgery , he wants to make sure he can hear and chat.

I'm sorry. If I interrupted a chat in progress. I just wanted to do what Jim asked me to do before I forgot.

He said that you guys pick good ST's (?) and it helps keep his mind off of his pain.

As his Mother I can only say God Bless You all for helping my Baby when he is down.

It has been a long day for me, so I just wanted to type in some of the stuff Jim said before I go to bed. Thank all of You and God Bless and Keep you Safe. tazmom
Finland GalFin
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16241

GalFin is offline View user's profile Send private message View GalFin's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear... Thank you Andres for posting this update from Tazman's mom. I've been thinking of him and how things are... This message from his mom brought tears to my eyes...
I really, really, really wish that all goes well and Tazman heals. My prayers and thoughts are with him and his mom!
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It is so hard to type with tears in one's eyes.
Thanks Andres for posting that chat. Mama Taz is a brave woman. She not only gets to deal with a son and his accident, and each day seems to bring something new, but now she has learned how to log into a chat room and hear music!!! What a mom.

Andres, tell her how to get to this forum next time so she can see what we are writing.

I am also impressed with the doctors and nurses around Taz! They are so good to let him have his lap top. Wow.

Be good to know some times he is logging in so we can send special tracks to him.

thoughts and prayers included.
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 3050

Bruiser is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Bruiser's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone please say a prayer for Taz and his family. And thanks to his mom for keeping us up to date. With everything she's got to deal with, she still makes sure we know what's going on.

*hugs to Tazmom*
Commodore

Member#: 25449

tinkerbelle is offline View user's profile Send private message View tinkerbelle's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

There was another update from Tazmom this night -like Andres I've separated it out of chat - hope that is okay ...Tinkerbelle

tazMom here
Jim showed me your forum and I am deeply moved, and now I know why my son enjoys this chat room

I have an update because I promised him I would keep you all informed

Its is hard for me to do this. The pressure in Jim's brain became so high that he underwent another 8 hour surgery to find out why and to relieve it
He was in CCU, but he crashed and has been air lifted to a Hospital in Chicago that is better equipped to handle problems w/the brain and spinal cord

Before surgery he left a huge post it note on his laptop to let you guys know whats going on.

I am getting ready to drive to the hospital and stay with him. He was in surgery when I called at 7 PM

The hospital will not allow him to keep his laptop. So now I have with written instructions from my son on how to listen and sign in.

If all goes well after this surgery, the Doctors say he may be allowed to return to my home for recovery period of 3 to 4 weeks

As his mom it amazes me at how hard headed he is. Not worried about his pain, paralysis, just wants to make sure his SST buds know whats going on. He feels like you are like a "family of friends" that are willing to help anyone .

Sorry. That was his doctor. Jim is out of surgery and going to Neurological Care Unit. He will be kept in a drugged induced coma in order to give his brain a rest. Currently, I was told not to freak out, but they have him connnected to a respirator to give his brain a much needed rest.

Also, jim left this post it after he read the forum info. It was not a tool box it was a 100 lbs IT equip. rack fully loaded, the floor caved in and that's what caused the cabinet to fall on him and his friend.

My son has been through a lot of crude since he was born. He has never given up, or quit. He is a fighter. I don't believe I could go thru as much as Jim has

I was told not to come tonight, he will be in the coma until Tuesday 3/9/10 so the swelling will go down. The only request jim made was when he would be moved to a normal room to bring his laptop. Go figure. Worried about you guys and not even taking in consideration all the crude he's been thru these past 2 months.

On a positive note. The client was found guilty of crappy construction, and is footing the bill for my son and his friend.

I want to thank you for all of the comments in the forum ( Jim showed me b4 his 1 surgery today)

His friend, after the cabinet/rack rolled over my son's back rolled over his right leg and broke it in 4 different locations before coming to rest on top of my sons head and neck.

He looks very weak and he has also lost another 25 lbs.

I just finished my conversation w/his Neurologist / Neurosurgeon and they say to stay home tonight, and come see tomorrow. But they all agree that he is to be kept in a drugged induced coma until Tuesday morning.

the docs say that should be sufficient time for the swelling in the brain to go down. Ok I have now done every thing that jim left on all these post it notes on his laptop.

As a Mom this issue has added a few more gray hairs to this already greying head. On the bright side, I am glad that Jim gets the uplift whenever he communicates / chats with you all.

As Taz Mom I will keep you posted. For now he is asleep, and the damage to his brain and spinal cord have been repaired, now its up to the Good Lord and Jim's body to get up and keep on fighting.

I will tell you something that gnaws at me: When jim was born he got spinal menegitis and they said he would die, 82' the left leg was amputated due to cancer, 87' he had blood cancer, and just last year it came back and he beat it again.

I thank god that jim has friends like you all. From my heart I want to say again God Bless you, and keep you safe. I promise when Jim is able to communicate I will have him chat in OK?

Doctor says I need to get to Hosp. right away. Jim is arguing about if his messages made it to his friends and where is his d@@n laptop. So they are going to sedate him so he does not get worked up to much and wait for my arrival.

As I said earlier, I do not know any of you people, but for what you have done for my son I know in my heart that you couldn't be a better bunch of Human beings and Friends to my son

The matter is serious, so the Doctor has asked me to call Jim's dad and have him fly to Chicago from Hawaii ASAP. Doc still says no big emergency and then he makes that sturpid remark

Jim's sister and Brother in Law are here to drive me downtown chicago. As I promised Jim I will continue to keep you posted.. I promise. Thank you all for the support, love, and friendshp to my son. God Bless each and every one of you. Sincerely

Sincerly, Taz Mom aka Betty God Bless and Good Night
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Betty,

You are doing such a great job to keep us posted. From the bottom of our hearts thanks for taking the time to learn something new. I know I know just what you needed on top of everything else was to learn how to get to a chat room on the laptop!!
We are so grateful that you did.
Know that you as well as your son are in my prayers and thoughts. While I am not a mom, I have 3 brothers, and they often kept my mom busier than could have believed. All for a good cause.

Wow what a brave guy Taz is. It tickles me how demanding he is about the lap top. I am sure the doctors and nurses just shake their heads and wonder!

We will hold up our end of the deal with music and prayers.

Where I live out west the daffodils are just coming into bloom. These are for you. I hope they give you a smile.

Thanks for keeping us posted,
Cinder
Commodore

tinkerbelle is offline View user's profile Send private message View tinkerbelle's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tazman's mom was just online and updated the latest news ... here they are ... and thank God they sound warily optimistic ...

taz mom here

I thought I would let you know that it was touch and go for Jim until noon today.

He is in the ICU, but still in a drug induced coma until Tuesday or sometime next week

What the Doctors thought was a bone fragment, that cut into his spinal cord, was actually a piece of a ceramic fusion done yrs. agao

All has been repaired, and all the nerve test are showing minimal or no more paralysis on his right side.

you will have to forgive me, but I was so excited to see his hand twitch when the doctor ran a pin across it. We all cheered

well I don't want to interrupt your chat. I just wanted tinkerbelle, and Cinder, and Avenue know taz's status. He is out of the woods. It is now up to his body on how fast he recovers. z
I just wanted to say God Bless and Thank you

Going back in to the hospital now. I will probably stay with him all nite.

His Dad flew in from Hawaii on the red eye, because of the touch and go problems last night

So Taz Sr. also wants to Thank you for the prayers and well wishes.

If all goes well taz jr. will be transported back to a hospital closer to home.

Thats all for now. except. God Bless and Thank you! thank you tinkerbelle. I re-read the forum and I thank each and every one of you. Have to go now back upstairs to be w/taz jr. So if I say this wrong sorry "*HUGS*" for all of you. Betty

just a personal note: I had Taz and his mom in my thoughts and prayers all day ...she is doing such a great job keeping us informed...
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 19247

anonemuss is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View anonemuss's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good to know that all of SST is holding their breath for Taz for the next update on his condition or to hear from Taz himself...my prayers go to Taz and his family. Goodluck bro,get out safe and sound and come back to us!

My unending prayers,
David
anonemuss
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing a happy dance!!!
Which is not easy!
OH gosh. Thanks for the update. Such good news. I can just see you all around his bed and when that pin went across his hand and fingers jumped, what a grand site!! whoa.

More prayers on their way.
Thanks again Mr. and Mrs. Taz!!!
Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow. Thanks for all the updates Tazmom and cinder, ave, tink. Tazman's been in my thoughts and prayers lately - hope he recovers soon!!
Lieutenant

Member#: 24386

AveD is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View AveD's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It is so kind of Taz's mom to take the time to keep us updated. We are all looking forward to that good day when he can come back to SST... make requests & chat. Ever since I first chatted with him & learned of his injuries & the health problems he had gone through in the past - and still have such a positive attitude - he has been in my thoughts & prayers.

Get well soon Taz!!!
Finland GalFin
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16241

GalFin is offline View user's profile Send private message View GalFin's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you tink and Betty, Tazman's mom of course, for keeping us up to date.

I'm so happy that Taz seems to be doing at least a bit better now. Whew, it sounded pretty bad so I'm really happy that the situation is not so dire now.

I'm impressed with Taz's fortitude. All those problems and still such a positive person!
I'm keeping him and his family in my thoughts and prayers!
Germany tinkerbelle
Commodore
Commodore

MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another update from tazmom

tazmom w/update

I doing ok. Taz doing ok too
They lowered the medication that kept in a coma and he started fighting the breathing tube, and mumbling about his laptop. Got a little intense so they knocked him out again, and will try again on Monday or Tuesday
The docs say the way he is going the swelling in the spinal cord and brain are down by over 50% which is unusual the second day after surgery.I told doc that "there is nothing normal about my boy" taz is undergoing a whole bunch of tests for nerve and spinal function tomorrow.

I read to him today all of the forum posts. He started to cry. He still is unable to talk, but he did write the following words "to my friends at SST. Thank you for the prayers and well wishes for me as well as my family. God Bless Tazman43m

taz's last procedure is tomorrow at 1 PM CT and right now all you see is '?" on all the Docs forheads. Sometimes I think they are guessing'

Jim did write "wheres my laptop" Nurse advised him he couldn't have it here He made a off the mark comment, and I am to leave the laptop w/security when he is moved to a normal room that may be Tuesday.
His personal, never leave his side. nurse has you website bkmkd and when I come and see her it playing sound tracks
around 4 pm he mentioned something from the Iron Giant. So if anybody can be a good one he will get a smile on his face.
His nurse said that last night you guys had some really good soundtracks play. taz acturally had a smile on his doped out little face

So again this is an update to let you know that tzzman43m is slowing coming out of his coma (doctors want to do it very slowly) but he can hear so Doc has given written permission for him to listen to SST after surgery tomorrow and possibly wednesday move him to a normal "monitored" unit. Too early to tell for now. He loods very week and very tired. Doc said its normal..Huh

God Bless everyone in this chat room, who visits the chat room, and all of those w/well wishes for my son.

Hi zgurl I like you comments in the forum. I read it to Jim/ taz and he had a real smile on his face.
I am going to sign off and try to get back upstairs w/jim. I promise when he is allowed to chat I will let him have him laptop. Hosp. rules forbid in Neurological care unit

Taz/JIm has to undergo some really extreme tests tomorrow and I asked him I he wants me here and he almost squeezed my hand off. I took that as yes. He procedure #1 of if he tolerates it will determine when they will get him out this induced coma. I see my son as a shell, the young smart@ss that has been through so much looks beaten down. I liked it when he said oh well, some other cr@p to deal with.

Its my shift tonight, after the scare about him heart and breathing
With the brain swelling the heart was working overtime to get more blood dispersed throughout his body. Then the heart started to stop/start in 46 sec intervals & and that is when they call in all of him parents, his priest,
He started to crash 4 times and even though I wasn't ready, I promised jim I would try not to cry

Approx. noon the other day, everything just started to straighten them selves out, no special drugs, Doctors are amazed, bewildered. I told his Doc that Jim has a large Family all over the country. Doc said keep up the good work. The way things look, taz will probably be removed off of the breathing/and heart pacing machine by Tuesday.

They brought him out of the deep coma at around noon. It was a good show; doc asked jim how was he feeling (still can't talk due to tube) Jim wrote "how the hell do you think" That's my boy

The last letter he wrote before his brain, spinal pressure rose was (you won't believe this). Where's my laptop, do the guys now whats going on, etc, etc, ? Before the nurse decided he was getting to worked up she let him use her laptop to see if could access your Site. The firewall denied him. But I could tell he was already working on getting in the firewall. He asked me to tell all of you He is sorry not to be there in chat, and please forgive the fact that has not maintained communication.

Well the nurse is here to turn up his meds and also to give him something so he has no nightmares or a least small ones.
I be in the bed next to Jim. and during his surgery, recovery and then testing
OH great they are blinking the lights, which mean visitors have to leave. So I gotta go kiss my other kids, and my husband good night. So in the comment from Jim (now is he favorite statement/fact)
God Bless and Keep you safe. As I promised Jim I will keep you posted on all events. Sincerely, Taz Mom, Moma Taz or Betty. God Bless

Tazmom back sorry Is it possible to play some of the soundtracks from Jungle Book, The Iron Giant (his 2nd Fav), and something from the Pery Jackson - The lightening theif (his sister just gave it to him before all of this cr@p happened.

Tazmom, TAZ Sr. , and Taz and all of the members of the 'Taz' family as far as West Virginia are all hanging on the tests results from the tests the will do on 3/8, while taz/jim is asleep. I promised to keep all of you posted
I just hope I am not ticking off someone who needed to Chat. So as jim says "*HUGS* to all his SST buddies/friends. God Bless from the whole family. Nite.

Personal Note: there were a few reqs during the time I was editing that - even momtaz placed a req, so it would be great if we could keep that going

This just came up in chat: (approx. 90 min later)

Tazmom: Jim/taz has a smile on his face. He hears this soundtrack and has his thumb up. Yaa who
The nurses just called his Doc. He is already here. Told me to crank the tunes..So now jims doors are closed and you site volume is at 100% - Doctors orders. Now I know for sure he can hear everything around him. Doc says that is an excellent sign. Jim will be going into surgery in approx. 6 hours for the last of the surgery on his spinal cord (we all hope and pray)
I will keep you posted after Jim/taz is out of recovery and in a room, either ICU, NCU, or just a room. he still keeps fighting w/the breathing tube so they are going to increase the medicine and put him in a very deep sleep, but not a coma. He will be able to understand me and his dad
Well the nurse if giving me evil looks so I will stop chatting, but Jim's doc has given premission for SST to run all night, especially if it show any type of brain activity/response. So keep those Soundtracks coming. God Bless and Good Night. Tazmom.

please tell Cinder the daffodils were very beautiful. God Bless all of you, and keep you safe. From my heart "My son's internet angels every one of you" Nite.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken from the chat (8 march @ 1:30am SST Time), read up to bottom.

Andres: please let cinder, tinkerbelle, bruiser, and Galfin know that the last of the Docs was here and taz jr /jim has regained all feeling in his right side, including his leg and foot.

Also, jim has a big grin on his face. They are not going to drug him like they said earlier. He has to promise to leave the breathing tube alone, and they will keep him in a dream state of sleep.

He will be able to hear, react to noise, music, stimulation, just not talk. The doctor showed me jims mri and the pre mri looked like a puzzle.

Today's mri looks like a normal back, and brain stem. My taz is coming back.

So please keep those Soundtracks (ST's) found out from the nurse coming.

Doc says if his recovery continues at this rate he will be transfered to a rehab center in Wisconsin.

So I thought you would like to hear the good news.. Good night, and God Bless all of you at SST. Sincerely, taz Mom or Betty.

(a few minutes later)

Jim has big grin, and 2 thumbs up. He wrote "ST from Iron Giant. Thank you...taz"

Nurse says he is doing to much activity and she is going to give him some meds to calm him down and get him to sleep, even though he has surgery at noon. They want his brain to rest as much a possible.

So I will leave SST on the laptop and go to bed myself. God Bless.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: