StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

100 Years of Film

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Class
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 23309

Class is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Class's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:08 pm   Post subject: 100 Years of Film Reply with quote

I got interested in older movies when I listened to some SSTer's talk about older movies. For example Bruiser would always tell me she loves original movies and not some horrible remake. As well some other SSTer's like Cinder, Tinkerbelle, Andres and several others would talk about older movies they've seen and how great they are compared to today's movies.

Then one day I got the idea from AFI's 100 Years of Movies to watch 100 Years of Movies. So to today with this post I have watched at least one movie form 1909-2009. Watching 100 years of movies is quite a challenge finding some years to watch as well as seeing the history of film making from silent movies to today's movies.

After watching all these movies I have gained more respect to watch older films since they are classics in my books now.
Spoiler:
I don't think too many 21 year old's like my self love older movies....

Now why don't you give the 100 Year challenge a try? You might be surprised what older movies offer !!

Last edited by Class on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Finland GalFin
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16241

GalFin is offline View user's profile Send private message View GalFin's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ClassCE, wow! I'm impressed! I've seen a lot of movies myself and quite a selection of older ones as well, but I'm sure I've not seen a movie from each year between 1910 and 2009. It's a great idea but would be a challenging thing to do here in Finland. I'd need to buy a lot of DVDs from abroad... If only I had more time (and a little bit more money, too Smile ).
Yes, and I do agree that exploring 100 years of movie history is really worthwhile!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: