StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Add: Clowns in the Sky by Mystery Science Theater 3000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Add it?
Yes
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Maybe
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Gristle_McNerd
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 26599

Gristle_McNerd is offline View user's profile Send private message Gristle_McNerd's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:08 pm   Post subject: Add: Clowns in the Sky by Mystery Science Theater 3000 Reply with quote

Clowns in the Sky - Mystery Science Theater 3000

Wiki: Clowns in the Sky - MST3K Wiki - Mystery Science T...
Buy at http://itunes.apple.com/de/album/clowns-in-the-sky-i-ii/id337424254

USA Johnny_Cage
Commander
Commander

Member#: 9964

Johnny_Cage is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Johnny_Cage's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been an MST3K fan for close to ten years and never knew this album existed. Thanks for bringing it to attention, Gristle.

For those who are unfamiliar with MST3K, it revolves around a human and two robots trapped in space and forced to watch low-budget poorly-made movies as an experiment in human sanity. To keep themselves from losing their minds, the crew add in their own dialogue and witty comments to entertain themselves. The plot doesn't really matter though. It's just an excuse to mock bad movies from the past that would otherwise never have any entertainment value.

During breaks, there would be host segments where the crew would have satirical discussions about the movie or perform humorous musical numbers. This album is basically a collection of those musical numbers. Non-fans hearing these songs for the first time may be turned off by its cheesiness and lack of budget. But for the people who adore the show, it's part of the charm. Underneath it's plain style are genius lyrics that are usually appreciated better within its context. Singing "Patrick Swayze Christmas" has been a holiday tradition for me in the past few years. And "The Canada Song" is so gut-bustingly funny that I couldn't breathe for a good five minutes after my first listen.

This album will stick out like a sore thumb in the SST database, but I didn't have the heart to vote "No." Especially since it might broaden MST3K's fanbase which has always been a cult following anyway.

Word of Warning: If this album is added, some editing will be necessary due to foul language.
"You have been chosen to represent Earth in Mortal Kombat. Be warned. Although your souls are protected from Shao Kahn's evil: your lives are not. I cannot interfere any longer as your Earth is now ruled by the Outworld gods."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: