StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Listen on..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Fanatic2k4
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 41

Fanatic2k4 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Fanatic2k4's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 7:49 am   Post subject: Listen on.. Reply with quote

Is there any way to broadcast the stream to your loyal listeners without making your ip public? For example, is there a way to change your port, and use a streaming software, and not tell anyone about it but your loyal fans here? I suppose you'd need more bandwidth, but I just don't want all your soundtracks to go to waste!

You've never been one to cheat the system. Heck, you buy every CD you stream, but if you don't publicize your stream, isn't that private streaming, and do you have to pay for it?

Basically, what I'm asking, is there any way to continue to stream without paying their damn fees? Under the rug.. heh..
EvilKitty
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 38

EvilKitty is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website EvilKitty's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 11:10 am   Post subject: Listen on.. Reply with quote

I've always wondered the same thing....

I wouldn't be surprised if because of the ruling someone develops some P2P bandwidth sharing program, almost like SETI but for streaming broadcasts. Imagine sleeping at night with your PC on knowing that your bandwidth is being used to help broadcasts stream their music? Leave your PC on during the day (if you dare) while you're at work so others can enjoy streaming stations while they are at work?

I think it's an idea that 'might' be possible, but I'm not a programmer so I don't know if it's actually possible. CARP can go after public broadcasters, but can they catch people on a P2P network?

Just a thought...
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 11:26 am   Post subject: Listen on.. Reply with quote

Something I have been contemplating.

http://www.allcast.com/

Not sure how well it would work. What are your thoughts?

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Streaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: