StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

How many video gamers are here?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Do you play video games?
Yes, as often as I can.
63%
 63%  [ 14 ]
I would love to get back to it/start.
27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
Not my cup of tea.
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

Norway Choli
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 393

Choli is offline View user's profile Send private message View Choli's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:59 am   Post subject: How many video gamers are here? Reply with quote

Hey,

I would like to get some statistics regarding SST listeners with connections to video games.
The reason I want that is to reach out to some video games publisher in the hope to receive some support for SST.

- I would like to know if you play video games (yes, apps do count)?

- And if so, have you ever discovered a game via SST (album cover made you check out the game, the score made you want to play the game, etc.)?

Thanks!

Best,
Choli
Norway Choli
Ensign
Ensign

Choli is offline View user's profile Send private message View Choli's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

And to answer my own questions:

- Yes, I play as often as I can (so usually about 2-3 nights a week);

- Yup, I puchased bundle of Trine, Fable 2 and all Metal Gear Solid series thanks to the avesome music I encountered here on SST. And I'm more and more curious about Stelaris, so that one will be probably be mine soon as well.
Ukraine Locutus76 VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5698

Locutus76 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Locutus76's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't play lots of games, most of them on ipad (candy crush, kingdom rush) or on the pc (old DOS games like Keen). I don't have a console or anything similar. I play less than I used to, since I don't have the hardware for it.
Ensign

Member#: 45913

Baghira is offline View user's profile Send private message View Baghira's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted "Yes, as often as I can."

But the problem is, it's not often, because i've no time. Confused
Poland olaziolek
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 23654

olaziolek is offline View user's profile Send private message View olaziolek's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i play as often as i can which is not often cause i'm not constantly in the mood for playing. i play the PC versions [sims 3 and some older games like zeus/caesar/pharaoh or railroad tycoon], sometimes apps on my phone [i have the dragons game app and the HP game app, unfortunately my kingsman game and sailor moon game apps were discontinued].

SST made me want to play some assassin's creed and witcher games. i have them on my laptop but of course i'm lazy.
Lieutenant

Member#: 37055

danleich is offline View user's profile Send private message View danleich's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I am feeling slightly responsible here for advertising Trine and stellaris so much Very Happy Truth be told, I discovered many great games through their soundtracks, Child Of Light, Ori And The Blind Forest, Stellaris... Those are the ones that come to my mind from the top of my head. I have been a fan of the Trine series for longer, than it has been here on SST Smile
To my gaming habits: I am still a more or less regular gamer, depending on my available time and mood. Though maybe not to a point, where it is as often as possible, but still a lot. All on PC, no console here. Smile
Netherlands Caliburn
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 43

Caliburn is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Caliburn's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a massive library in Steam, which I do not play. I dabbled in the latest DOOM, but have not touched it in months. Currently only doing my Hearthstone dailies.

FIlm music and other stuff consumes all my free time lately.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 46975

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if I'm free (i.e. don't have to go anywhere) I usually do half an hour to an hour of gaming, and if I'm travelling a large distance I'll be gaming for most of the time (except when it's so large that it would burn me out Razz). I only play on Nintendo consoles, generally. I do also play one pc game, however.
I have not yet played a game that I got to know about through StreamingSoundtracks.
Interesting inquiry. Smile
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I play casual games now, but used to play bigger ones & would like to get back to it if I had time.

I haven't tracked down a game from the score at SST due to that but I have gone the other way from interest in a game to finding the score for it on SST.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4569

MojoPin is offline View user's profile Send private message View MojoPin's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

What Dragon said. With larger games it can be hard to get really into them unless you've got the time to devote, and it's often tricky to find that time. These days I'm mostly relegated to casual games on my phone. Razz

That said, I recently dusted off LoZ: OoT. Smile
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

To all the people who participated in the poll so far, I would like to give my warm thanks!

So far we have 12 voters and 10 of them are gamers. Why am I not surprised. Smile

Keep the poll going and lets hope more people will state their truth.

I wish You all more time to play and have fun! There are so many amazing games worth exploring - those are the best times for a gamer to live in, in my opinion. Cool

@danleich: Many thanks for requesting those great track! I had such a fun and lots laughts playing Trine with my husband (me on the mause, he on the keyboard - working on the communications skills IS fun that way! Smile).

Happy gaming!
Choli
Germany DieTeeFee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 36042

DieTeeFee is offline View user's profile Send private message View DieTeeFee's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Right of the bat i can think of Trine and Transistor, that i bought because of SST. And Ori and the Blind forest.

What i'm playing? Real life Sims! feed the baby, change diapers, teach walking.
(other then that i also enjoy playing Sims just for building the houses... hooray for money cheats)
Then there is Final Fantasy (everything past 7 thats not mmorpg)
Witcher, Dragon Age, Assassins Creed (not the newest ones though), SWKotor (did dabble in TOR for a while, but dropped it again... mostly for time reasons). And then there is AOE2 for whenever i cant decide on playing anything else ;D
karlfreeman
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 50317

karlfreeman is offline View user's profile Send private message karlfreeman's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I am a huge fan of Dota and League of Legends. I have been playing them for 5 years. I also like to watch online cyber tournaments. It's a good opportunity to have fun and win some money on bets.

Edited this post to remove part of it advertising some service - molossus
USA Finnster VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 29607

Finnster is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Finnster's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. We all know the WoW-ness that I request from time to time.

So, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, Star Wars The Old Republic, and Conan Exiles are my go to games.
Cadet 2

Member#: 49982

Zatomao is offline View user's profile Send private message Zatomao's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnster wrote:
Yep. We all know the WoW-ness that I request from time to time.

So, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, Star Wars The Old Republic, and Conan Exiles are my go to games.

WoW is also one of my favourite video games ever! As for Star Wars, I watched all the movies of the Star Wars universe but the game itself is not to my liking at all for some reason. The same is with Lord of the Rings games. The films are best I have ever seen but the game is much worse, my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: