StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$127.58

7 Donations:
$372.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Transformers (2007) sound track question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA 777rak VIP (subscribed member)
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 29747

777rak is offline View user's profile Send private message 777rak's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:02 pm   Post subject: Transformers (2007) sound track question Reply with quote

Hey sorry if this is the wrong place for this. But I have wanting to know the answer to this

Is the Transformers Sound track on iTunes the same as on Amazon? On Amazon when it list the track it says "Different version in film"

Let me know if you do not understand me.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are talking about the score release, which is what SST has, I believe they are the same album on both iTunes and Amazon.com. I wasn't able to find the track where it says "different version in film." Could you give us a link?
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

777rak is offline View user's profile Send private message 777rak's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
If you are talking about the score release, which is what SST has, I believe they are the same album on both iTunes and Amazon.com. I wasn't able to find the track where it says "different version in film." Could you give us a link?

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Score-Steve-Jablonsky/dp/B000VFGQHK/ref=sr_1_5?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1289685643&sr=1-5

Hehe I know SST has it. I was going to purchase it from an Amazon/Amazon seller, but I saw on the Listen to Samples next to the name of the trace it says "different version"
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 777rak!

Thanks to Nate's help I've got that album in my collection (I mean original CD). As far as I can remember, the comments about "different version" are there too (they use a starlets in the track list next to track titles and a comment below the list). So I think what Amazon offers is the same music as you can hear at SST.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thanks for help
USA Johnny_Cage
Commander
Commander

Member#: 9964

Johnny_Cage is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Johnny_Cage's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the same album. Jablonsky's music that was written for the movie was re-edited for the CD release. That's basically what Amazon meant to say and it's also mentioned on the back cover art.
"You have been chosen to represent Earth in Mortal Kombat. Be warned. Although your souls are protected from Shao Kahn's evil: your lives are not. I cannot interfere any longer as your Earth is now ruled by the Outworld gods."
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny_Cage wrote:
It's the same album. Jablonsky's music that was written for the movie was re-edited for the CD release. That's basically what Amazon meant to say and it's also mentioned on the back cover art.

Sorry just say this what do you mean "re-edited". I do not know much about soundtracks (I have Star Wars) but why do they re-edit the songs for the soundtrack?
USA Johnny_Cage
Commander
Commander

Johnny_Cage is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Johnny_Cage's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It was done to polish it up and have it sound more properly structured. A lot of music cues as they appeared in the movie are very brief and would have made for a sloppy presentation if left untouched. Steve Jablonsky revised and expanded a lot of his material to help it feel more "complete."

In other words, the score was edited to sound better. Simple as that.
"You have been chosen to represent Earth in Mortal Kombat. Be warned. Although your souls are protected from Shao Kahn's evil: your lives are not. I cannot interfere any longer as your Earth is now ruled by the Outworld gods."

Last edited by Johnny_Cage on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I did not know that. So when you buy a soundtrack it may have the same tune and stuff, but it is going to be a bit different from the actual song in the movie?

If so... that would/might explain why my Star Wars soundtrack has songs which I do not remember them appearing meaning they lasted only for a short time. Am I correct?
USA Johnny_Cage
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. It's a pretty common thing. When I purchased my copy of the Transformers score, I didn't notice the alterations until after I saw the movie for a second time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: