StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

A Letter from my Congress Woman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Morg VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 57

Morg is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Morg's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 5:38 pm   Post subject: A Letter from my Congress Woman Reply with quote

Return-Path:
Received: from ca08.house.gov ([143.231.75.66])
by mail.streamingsoundtracks.com (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id g63FSXr34193
for ; Wed, 3 Jul 2002 11:28:33 -0400 (EDT)
(envelope-from ca08.pub@mail.house.gov)
Received: from mail pickup service by ca08.house.gov with Microsoft SMTPSVC;
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 11:38:39 -0400
To:
Subject: Message from Representative Nancy Pelosi
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 11:38:39 -0400
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V4.72.3612.1700
Message-ID: <00e773938150372CA08@ca08.house.gov>
X-UIDL: d;j"!E_T"!BT9!!p"'!!
X-Status:
X-Keywords:
X-UID: 72

July 3, 2002

James Jennison
100 Collingwood Street
San Francisco, California 94114-2412

Dear James:

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and the royalty fees for webcasters that were recommended by the Copyright Arbitration Royalty Panel (CARP). I
appreciate hearing from you.

As you know, on February 20, 2002, CARP released its recommended royalty fees for webcasters. The rate for Internet transmissions and for retransmission of a performance in an AM/FM radio broadcast was
recommended to be set at $.14 per performance. On May 21, 2002, the Librarian of Congress issued an order rejecting the CARP recommendation, and on June 20, 2002 the Librarian of Congress set the rates at $.07 per performance. Rates for noncommercial broadcasters as well as the fee webcasters and broadcasters must pay for the making of ephemeral
recordings were decreased from the CARP recommendation.

When Congress passed DMCA, our intention was that artists and copyright holders be fairly paid for commercial uses of their work, while webcasters
though the Internet would be able to provide competitive programming of value to consumers. Congress intended the statutory license process to be
fair and efficient, so that the webcast industry could be free of legal uncertainty, grow quickly and pay creators increasing amounts as the industry developed.

As these rates go into effect for webcasters, please be assured that I will be watching this issue carefully. Thank you again for taking the time to express your views on this important subject. I hope you will
continue to communicate with me on matters of concern to you.

Sincerely,

Nancy Pelosi
Member of Congress
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:01 am   Post subject: A Letter from my Congress Woman Reply with quote

Seems to me that if they're going to wait until the rates are in effect, there won't be anything to watch closely anymore.

How can anyone in their right mind consider the rates as being balanced, for the artist and for as well as the webcasters? They are balanced alright, none of the above will profit from this because if there is no webcasting anymore, the artists as well as the webcasters will have 0 (ZERO) profit from it.

Apparently politics is the same all over the world, the politicians think the people are dumb and ignorant.

This pisses me off!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: