StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

abc
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA NightHawkFan01
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 28964

NightHawkFan01 is offline View user's profile Send private message View NightHawkFan01's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

What? so we're supposed to just shut up and take it? BQ got onto our case (in a good way I might add) earlier when it happened and we gripped about it in chat. It's because of BQ that this thread exists. She encouraged us to say something, that the powers that be may or may not necessarily know that there is a problem. And if we don't say anything, then they don't know to fix it. OK, so now we're saying, hey, there's a problem... for those who thought it was just you, it isn't.

Honestly, it's a bit annoying when the chat suddenly disappears.

And as a side note, it's not the streaming that we're having problems with, it's the website itself.

At any rate, count me in on the number of those that have experienced:
1) Disappearing chat
2) chat messages disappearing only to re-appear later
3) slow posting of messages
4) slow navigation of the forums and other parts of the site.
France masked_platypus VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 18358

masked_platypus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View masked_platypus's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

No particular problem with me, expect the slow messages in the chat from time to time, but not so often. I'm on IE.
Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I have to agree with leviathan12 - I know these will get worked out and I don't expect to have a perfectly smooth experience on a site with this many members and listeners.

I too have had problems with the "white zones", and slow chat response. I run IE here at work and just have to refresh and all is good Smile

Honestly though, these few problems are actually better then what I was dealing with when the old server was being used. There were days I couldn't do anything here so I'm good with a few white zones and slow chat - at least I can sign on and listen!
Captain

aw

Member#: 25110

Birhar is offline View user's profile Send private message View Birhar's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

For me there is not really a difference between the old and the new server. I work with the Internet Explorer, and maybe for this reason or due to our firm firewall the SST site always refreshes with great delay. Sometimes it takes more than 5 minutes for the actual queue to show up. Also hardly ever the track that is played at the moment shows in the section “now playing”, so sometime I have simply to guess which track I am listening to at the moment. I have similar problems with the chat, although here it does not take quite as long to show the latest entries. But this is the reason why sometimes I respond too late or for example ask a question which already has been answered. This is quite annoying, but as I said, it has always been like this. At home I work with Firefox, and I do not have these problems at all.
USA NightHawkFan01
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 28964

NightHawkFan01 is offline View user's profile Send private message View NightHawkFan01's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

See? These posts are a prime example of why such things never go posted. We deal with them, half will go "Yeah me too!" and the other half goes "Dunno what you're talking about, works for me."

For the record, I couldn't care less if it gets "fixed" or not. It's an annoyance. That's all. It's not like things are so terribly unusable. Just needs some patience. And it typically happens during the day, when load is at its highest - shocker I know! To be honest, the blanking out chat, I don't think is a server issue at all. I think it's a bandwidth problem. Same with the "sticky" chat. OK, now as to why the chat window will eat posts, only to regurgitate them later, that I don't know.

OK, I'm done bitching about it... and now back to your regularly scheduled music.
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

For me webpage used to load smoother with previous server. Now it happens sometimes that some elements of the page load much longer or don't load at all (for example part of flags in online now section). I also had moments when I had no possibility of writing in chat (I've seen chatroom and all the talk there flowing but had just blank space where a line for my input should go).

I didn't encounter "white areas" problem.

BTW: I use Opera browser.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
UK Akula
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 28769

Akula is offline View user's profile Send private message Akula's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

abc

Last edited by Akula on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Akula wrote:
SST IS BACK!!! Smile

So... is it or is it not safe to go back in the water?

Seriously, did all the bugs get fixed already?
Canada elmer856
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 27818

elmer856 is offline View user's profile Send private message View elmer856's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed a difference. I haven't had a "white zone" moment all day!

Wink *thumbs up!!!*
Lieutenant Junior Grade

aw

Member#: 21134

Leviathan12 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Leviathan12's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm completely with you about posting issues on the forums. That's what they're for, and they do help give the colorful orange and purple people an idea of what's going on. I was referring more to the continuous non-forum complaining. If an issue has been brought up, they're working on it. Servers and bandwidth loads are complicated. No need to beat it to death while JERIC is out in the barn with his straw hat and overalls (I'm just assuming) pulling a Doc Brown on the server trying to track down a whole list of vague issues.

And thank you to everyone who posted issues or said all was well and included what browser you're using. It may help or it may not, but the more info the mad scientists at SST labs have, the better.
So fierce a dragon never seen as levi the unyielding, young maidens scream when he arrives. His secret I'm ashielding, true bards have said of dragon folk "beware his poisonous sting" but I take cover from the world beneath his guardian wing -Sockenfussel
USA petrovski VIP (subscribed member)
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 18734

petrovski is offline View user's profile Send private message View petrovski's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still seeing timeouts but not as frequently as before.
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks better on my end now.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: