StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The Soundtrack Portal - Soundtracks Through YouTube

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic 
TheSoundtrackP...
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 31039

TheSoundtrackPortal is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSoundtrackPortal's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:49 am   Post subject: The Soundtrack Portal - Soundtracks Through YouTube Reply with quote

I've created a site that, instead of streaming soundtracks, is basically a collection of soundtracks in the form of YouTube videos. It is meant for those who are looking for a specific soundtrack, want to decide entirely by themselves what to listen to, or want to easily browse through soundtracks to see which ones they may want to buy (or request on this site Very Happy .)

Click Here for the link to The Soundtrack Portal Full URL: http://sites.google.com/site/thesoundtrackportal/

What do you think? Is it a site you would use, possibly to choose what tracks to listen to on this site?

Thanks in advance for your input!
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd use your site if I wanted to listen to a specific track right now, or when I'm trying to decide whether to buy a certain soundtrack or not.

In order to pick tracks for SST ... not so much. Here, I pick a track and it'll play some hours from no. I may catch it or not. Mostly I do, but it's not guaranteed or anything. Though I'll confess to staying awake for all hours in order to request/catch a specific track, but that's because I don't have a life. Wink

Nice site, btw. ...is it legal? Mr. Green
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 31039

TheSoundtrackPortal is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSoundtrackPortal's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for you opinion. As for the legal question, all I am doing is linking to videos that others have uploaded to YouTube, and organizing said videos in a convenient way so it is easy to find specific soundtracks and browse. The Soundtrack Portal has not uploaded any of the videos on its site to YouTube, anything illegal would likely be the responsibility of those who uploaded the soundtrack or YouTube.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSoundtrackPortal wrote:
As for the legal question, all I am doing is linking to videos that others have uploaded to YouTube, and organizing said videos in a convenient way so it is easy to find specific soundtracks and browse.

I would like to point out that a similar argument failed to save Napster, which also did not possess any infringing material itself, but did organize it, or at least make it searchable and easy to copy illegally.

You have created a searchable database of material which you know was surely uploaded illegally, excepting of course the tracks that were made available by their copyright holders. Also, you are not necessarily protected by the DMCA take-down notice provisions which shield YouTube from lawsuits. Therefore, you may potentially face liability for contributory copyright infringement, or inducement to infringe.

DISCLAIMER: This information was compiled with the help of my husband, an intellectual property attorney. However, it does not constitute legal advice. I would strongly advise you to check with a lawyer you've actually spoken to in person or something like that. At least do a search of the relevant legal code.

UPDATE: I was just clicking through the site, where you write:
Quote:
The Soundtrack Portal is a collection of film soundtracks that anyone can listen to legally and for free.
This statement is probably not true, at least the legal part. Streaming an illegal upload is not legal. Again, see my disclaimer, but maybe talk to a lawyer.
Netherlands Ghostkeeper
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 27774

Ghostkeeper is offline View user's profile Send private message View Ghostkeeper's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

...depending on which country the website resides in, of course.
Quote:
The Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act (OCILLA) is United States federal law that...

And perhaps the terms and conditions of Google Sites Wink

Nice website, I like the idea and it looks useful. Whether I'll use it is a different story, sometimes it's just easier to search YouTube itself.
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghostkeeper wrote:
...depending on which country the website resides in, of course.

Fair enough, though the uploaders and streamers can be anywhere. (What are you quoting? Cite your sources!) I wonder if the Bern Convention has anything to do with this.
Netherlands Ghostkeeper
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 27774

Ghostkeeper is offline View user's profile Send private message View Ghostkeeper's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The quote is from the wikipedia page, sorry.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: