StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Second Annual SST Royal Rumble
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Playground
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Johnny_Cage
Commander
Commander

Member#: 9964

Johnny_Cage is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Johnny_Cage's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:29 am   Post subject: Second Annual SST Royal Rumble Reply with quote

It's back!

Sixty film music composers will enter!

Only one will win!

Coinciding with World Wrestling Entertainment's annual event, this interactive pro wrestling forum game will determine which of our beloved composers has the strength, the smarts and the skills to outlast fifty-nine other competitors to become this year's Royal Rumble champion.

The rules are very similar to an actual Rumble match.

Two composers will start the match. Every eight hours (real time), a new composer will enter the ring. Order of appearance will be random. Each composer will try to eliminate his opponents by throwing them over the top rope out of the ring. Once eliminated, that person's night is finished and he cannot re-enter the match.

The last composer remaining after all sixty have entered will be crowned the 2011 Royal Rumble champion and will be awarded a golden trophy.

Here's how to play the game.

Any SST member at any time can vote for a composer to be eliminated. Votes stay with a composer until they win or are eliminated. When a composer's vote count reaches ten, he will be eliminated from the match.

After you place a vote, you must wait a period of four hours before you can vote again. This will give other people a chance to get in on the action.

You are allowed to vote for the same composer more than once, but no more than five times.

The match events will be covered by play-by-play announcer Johnny_Cage and special guest color commentator Joe Hisaishi (Last year's Rumble winner.)

The event will begin this Friday, January 7th, at 5:00 pm Eastern U.S. time, live on pay-per-view from the SST Arena (right here in this thread). Call your local cable or satellite provider to order.

Just kidding. This event is free for everyone to participate in. Spread the word! Don't miss this once-a-year battle for ultimate supremacy! We'll see you this Friday!
"You have been chosen to represent Earth in Mortal Kombat. Be warned. Although your souls are protected from Shao Kahn's evil: your lives are not. I cannot interfere any longer as your Earth is now ruled by the Outworld gods."

Last edited by Johnny_Cage on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. The rules are a bit more complicated than last time. Still, looks like fun. See you Friday.
Captain
Captain

Member#: 25250

mister_mouse is offline View user's profile Send private message View mister_mouse's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to make sure I'm understanding right, you vote for who you don't want to win?
Commander

Johnny_Cage is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Johnny_Cage's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That is correct.
"You have been chosen to represent Earth in Mortal Kombat. Be warned. Although your souls are protected from Shao Kahn's evil: your lives are not. I cannot interfere any longer as your Earth is now ruled by the Outworld gods."
USA zgurl49
Commander
Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! I'm excited. I agree with LadyI - a bit more to remember but still sounds fun! Very Happy
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS JUST IN:

Official press release from SSTWF Chairman Vinnie Maxwell:

Early injury reports have left this year's roster for the 2011 Royal Rumble short-handed. To compensate for the situation and to help make our event more interactive, the Board of Directors have agreed to offer write-in ballots for SST forum members. On these ballots, fans have an opportunity to select up to five composer names on a "wish list". These names will be under consideration to participate in the Rumble event as a "Wild Card" composer.

The top Wild Card votes will be called up from the minor leagues and invited into this year's Rumble.

To participate in the Wild Card voting, simply fill out the included form and PM your selections to Johnny_Cage, who will forward all incoming submissions to the Board of Directors for review.

A big thank you to all our fans. We look forward to seeing you this Friday for the Royal Rumble!

Wild Card:

Composer #1: ______________

Composer #2: ______________

Composer #3: ______________

Composer #4: ______________

Composer #5: ______________

USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, this is intriguing, but I'm not sure I get it. Who is eligible to be a wild card? And who's injured? And can we nominate the dead?
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 27818

elmer856 is offline View user's profile Send private message View elmer856's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

eeeeee!!!! Exciting!!! Sending my pm now!
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
Okay, this is intriguing, but I'm not sure I get it. Who is eligible to be a wild card? And who's injured? And can we nominate the dead?

LOL. You're reading too much into it. I'm only trying to keep the role-playing vibe going. Just choose five composers you'd like to see in the Rumble, if you feel like it. Doesn't matter who it is.
USA Johnny_Cage
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Press Release from SSTWF Chairman Vinnie Maxwell:

I'd like to thank all of our loyal fans for voting for their favorite composers in the Wild Card event. While we at the SSTWF pride ourselves in delivering a show featuring the best of the best film music composers beating each other to a pulp for your entertainment pleasure, we also recognize that the inclusion of a few underdogs were necessary to complete the circle.

This year's Rumble participants come from a wide range of backgrounds and all have works under their belts that they should be proud of. We look forward to crowning a new champion this Friday.

Good Fight and Good Night!

Official List of Royal Rumble Participants

Primary Entrants: (Selected by the Board of Directors)

David Arnold
Klaus Badelt
John Barry
Christophe Beck
Marco Beltrami
Elmer Bernstein
Bruce Broughton
Carter Burwell
Bill Conti
Don Davis
John Debney
Alexandre Desplat
Ramin Djawadi
Patrick Doyle
Randy Edelman
Danny Elfman
Harold Faltermeyer
Michael Giacchino
Philip Glass
Elliot Goldenthal
Jerry Goldsmith
Harry Gregson-Williams
Dave Grusin
Bernard Herrman
Nicholas Hooper
James Horner
James Newton Howard
Mark Isham
Steve Jablonsky
Trevor Jones
Michael Kamen
Andrew Lockington
Mark Mancina
Henry Mancini
Alan Menken
Ennio Morricone
David Newman
Thomas Newman
Alex North
John Ottman
Basil Poledouris
Rachel Portman
John Powell
Trevor Rabin
Graeme Revell
Edward Shearmur
Howard Shore
Alan Silvestri
Max Steiner
Brian Tyler
Vangelis
John Williams
Christopher Young
Aaron Zigman
Hans Zimmer

Wild Card Entrants: (Selected by the fans.)

Armand Amar
Bruno Coulais
Mychael Danna
Maurice Jarre
Bear McCreary

Last edited by Johnny_Cage on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:10 am; edited 2 times in total
USA Johnny_Cage
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Announcer: Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome.......... Joe Hisaishi!

*The crowd erupts into applause as Hisaishi walks down the entrance ramp towards the announce table.*

Johnny_Cage: Welcome to the SST Royal Rumble folks! I'm Johnny Cage, soon to be joined by Joe Hisaishi. Special thanks to Vince McMahon and World Wrestling Entertainment for allowing us to borrow their intro video. Hopefully, we'll have one of our own for next year. The crowd is ready! The fans at home watching us via SST satellite are ready! I'm ready! This is the event we've all been waiting for. All the legendary film music composers past and present are under one roof to prove themselves as the best in the business. And...oh, just a moment folks. Joe is here. Here Joe, take this headset. Testing 1, 2, 3. Joe, can you hear me?

Joe Hisaishi: Loud and clear, Johnny.

Cage: Pleasure to have you here, Joe.

Hisaishi: I couldn't be more excited. And I'd to thank all of these SST fans for that heroes welcome I received on the way in.

Cage: I must say Joe, I am very impressed with your English speaking abilities. I had no idea you were bilingual.

Hisaishi: Well, what can I say Johnny? I'm just an amazing person.

Cage: No argument there. Now let's analyze this upcoming match. The Tale of the Tape as they like to call it. Last year's Rumble had some very memorable encounters. The one that stayed strongest in my memory had to have been the Newman Brothers. Things are bound to get interesting if they end up meeting in the ring again.

Hisaishi: You want to talk about sibling rivalry. David was clearly upset over living in his brother Thomas' shadow all his life. I was so happy to see Thomas get the beating he had coming to him all these years.

Cage: What are you talking about?

Hisaishi: You know exactly what I'm talking about. Thomas gets to work on all the big blockbuster films like American Beauty while David had to watch Billy Zane in purple spandex.

Cage: That wasn't even in the same year!

Hisaishi: David Newman has been treated unfairly his entire life.

Cage: And that's Thomas' fault?

Hisaishi: Absolutely. Thomas is as selfish as they come.

Cage: I can't agree with that. And as far as I'm concerned, David has handled himself very immaturely.

Hisaishi: Nonsense. David is coming into his own. I couldn't be more proud of him.

Cage: Let's talk about Remote Control productions. As we all know, Hans Zimmer has a lot of influence over the world of film scoring. He has helped launch the careers of several others, most of them will be in the Rumble. Last year, many of Zimmer's pupils stayed loyal to him. Others however, stayed with the "every man for himself" mantra that the Rumble is all about. Especially John Powell, the man who eliminated Hans Zimmer from the match last year.

Hisaishi: Hans Zimmer made John Powell. If it wasn't for Hans, John would still be living in the alley eating garbage.

Cage: That is ridiculous. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Hisaishi: And that was the thanks he got? Getting backstabbed like that? I hope Zimmer and his cronies get a chance to bash Powell's face in. That traitor deserves it.

Cage: Why do you have such an attitude problem?

Hisaishi: I'm just calling it as I see it. I expect you to do the same.

Cage: Oh, don't worry about me. I have a feeling you'll be the one that needs to be kept in line.

Hisaishi: Yeah right.

Cage: This year, the SSTWF fans were given the opportunity to vote for their own favorites. A few lesser known but very capable group of composers have joined as "Wild Card" participants.

Hisaishi: One of the Wild Card competitors is rising star Bear McCreary. With two highly successful television shows already on his resume, Battlestar Galactica and The Walking Dead, this guy has some serious potential. A win here tonight would be huge for him.

Cage: We finally agree on something. We're just about ready to start. Let's go to our ring announcer, Michael Buffer.

Michael Buffer: And now.....introducing the competitor that drew number one!

Entrant #1: Hans Zimmer!

Hisaishi: Wait just a minute. Are you kidding me? You mean to tell me that Hans Zimmer drew number one, the worst possible number to have, twice in back-to-back years?

Cage: As astounding as it may be, that is exactly what happened.

Hisaishi: I thought the entrance order was supposed to be random!

Cage: It is random. Everyone drew their own numbers yesterday.

Hisaishi: I don't believe this. There has to be some kind of conspiracy going on. Nobody has that kind of bad luck!

Cage: Believe what you want, Joe. The only fact here is that Hans Zimmer is once again the first man to enter the Rumble. He'll need all the luck in the world to win this one.

Michael Buffer: And now..........the competitor that drew number two!

Entrant #2: Ennio Morricone!

Hisaishi: And Zimmer is not starting off easy. He's got some serious competition in the form of Ennio Morricone. Five-time Academy Award Nominee. Over five hundred works credited to his name. A future Hall of Famer.

Cage: There goes the bell! The match is underway!

- Hans Zimmer (0)
- Ennio Morricone (0)
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennio Morricone (HZFC!)

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect to molossus's screenname:

Hans Zimmer!

I haven't looked, but I'm fairly sure this was my first vote last time.

BTW, Johnny_Cage, your commitment and enthusiasm levels ASTOUND me. Good show!
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 23771

SportsFan800 is offline View user's profile Send private message View SportsFan800's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennio Morricone
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Johnny does a great job! Smile

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Playground All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 1 of 48

Jump to: