StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$127.58

7 Donations:
$372.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The Social Network Soundtrack
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Techo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 5054

Techo is offline View user's profile Send private message View Techo's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
... when I heard the win for The Social Network, I told my husband there would be blood in the forums today. Was I mistaken?

My first thought upon hearing the win , check the forums tomorrow! LOL
I'm not a fan of the score. Thought the film was very much overrated as well. I saw the film and listened to the score. Not to demean its qualities as I thought it deserved the win for film editing. The technical qualities of the film were good but the soul seems missing. And ok, I loved the rowing scene.

Inception was a really memorable score but perhaps members are like, Zimmer give us something that's not soo Zimmerish Wink even non- soundtracks geeks can tell it's Zimmer. (btw, I'm a big fan of Zimmer ) Perhaps the man has become too predictable? Desplat receive the BAFTA for the King's Speech score, it was good but then again not his best. The Social Network was not even nominated by the Brits. I haven't heard the score or watched the film 127 Hours. I do remember liking How to Train Your Dragon.

But boy they had me at tears, John Barry in the memorium, playing that song from Chaplin. How could they Wink
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have long suspected (and am now quite convinced) that Oscar voters use the 'Best Original Score' category as sort of a consolation prize. This seems to happen when there is a particularly crowded field. I wonder if voters sometimes think a certain movie is deserving of awards but will probably lose out to other films in the more coveted categories, and so they give votes in the score category because they don't care much or know much about that one.

That's my take.

Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: