StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

24Seven.FM gathering Labor Day Weekend in Astoria, Oregon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Concerts and meetings
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Travelers,

If Sirius will allow me, I would like to take on the roll of tour director. He does have a few irons in the fire with all he is doing.

I totally believe we all need to be in the same motel.
I can find out about tours, as they are a popular place for those movies, and have so much to see and do there.

I am thinking I want to go down and check it out for my Birthday weekend. Sure there are some big fancy hotels, but a small one that is clean and has a good breakfast place near by is always my style.

You can ask Twopop how I arrange things. I made the dinner plans for NYC and 25 people when we went to see Morricone. So Astoria is a piece of cake!

This is pretty cool. Hope we can draw in a few other west coasters and then spread out to have a fine weekend!
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

So nice of you to offer to do this, Cind, especially since you are so much more familiar with Astoria than the rest of us.

I do hope most or all of you will make it east to Portland, too. We can talk about who will stay with whom or about motels near our homes. Smile
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinder that is great that you will be our Tour Director! I know it will be in good hands. I can say this because of what you did in 2008 when I visited Seattle Area and talk Tim and I through the day. Smile

Since molossus is most likeley about to come for the first time to the USA we will tour together. Starting in Hollywood fr the JW concert and then a lot of driving/sightseeing to Astoria (I think going North a bit inlands to see some National Parks, including a visit to Portland (2pop, I will contact you about that Wink ) and after the weekend driving south taking the coastal route. I know some days would be a lot of miles to take but that way mol get a nice little impression what the west can offer.
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SiriusCreations wrote:
including a visit to Portland (2pop, I will contact you about that Wink )

Wonderful! You and Mol should plan to stay at our house while you're in Portland. Plan at least a few days because there is much to see and do (and eat) here. I know Mol is into hiking & climbing - and so is Saffron who lives here now - so you all have a lot in common. It will be so much fun!

Jade, will you two be flying into Portland or driving?
USA JadedTitan VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 19134

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it will be just me (but im working with NovaKat and Andres to drive up from Sacramento to Astoria) I hope we three can work out the drive, if not I would just fly into Portland then drive (?) to Astoria...Either way I will be there for sure Smile If it turns out to be just me, I would love to meet up in Portland first before Astoria.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JadedTitan wrote:
Looks like it will be just me

Aw, sorry to hear Fury won't be able to make it. Sad I was looking forward to meeting him.

JadedTitan wrote:
im working with NovaKat and Andres to drive up from Sacramento to Astoria

Yaaaaaayy!!

JadedTitan wrote:
If it turns out to be just me, I would love to meet up in Portland first before Astoria.

You bet! We will pick you up at the airport. Smile
USA JadedTitan VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 19134

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, plans semi confirmed...Kat and I will go to Andres in Sacramento the drive up to Astoria, getting there Friday night (Sept 2) then leave on Monday the 5th out of Portland airport...I am wondering if we will do things on just Saturday together? I guess it depends on how long others plan to stay in the area....but there are my plans Smile
Commodore

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My travel guide ideas!!!

Since so many movies have been made in Astoria, lists of locations will be available. I don't know that everyone is as eager as Sirius to see where a film has been made, but I want to find those locations and have them available.

The town is not huge, but there are some lovely homes to see.
There is a neat historical site up on top of a hill that lends a view of the whole area, and you can climb the tower!!!
There is a Coast Guard and Marine Museum.
some shopping of course and Antiques!!!
So far that is my list.
More to come of course!

We will be there Friday through Monday.
A dinner on Saturday night is a must do.
I would think we will all be in the same motel so we can mix and match plans and routes as we go.

The weekend before they have a big celebration so we will miss that, but might be some left overs.

gottcha covered for sure!!!

Ok who else is coming along??
Ensign

Member#: 331

Andres is offline View user's profile Send private message View Andres's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hah this will be fabulous. Hmm I think this warrants a new camera...
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

O great more never seen before members I can add to the list of members I met Very Happy

I did a possible route of the trip, since mol wanted an estimate of the finances. In that trip I calculated arrival on Friday, departure on Monday. This is a roundtrip starting and ending in LA, but we are still looking for possible other options. But we will try to plan it in such way we will be the whole weekend in Astoria, so for us sunday we can do things together as well. Make it a real Weekend Gathering Smile
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jade, that is GREAT news!! Very Happy

Cinder, you are a terrific tour organizer. Thank you soooo much!

Spending the weekend in Astoria with all of you sounds like a blast, not to mention seeing all those interesting sites. Not sure how it will work out for us - we may end up heading back home to Portland late Sunday.
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Movies in Astoria!!!

Oh my gosh.. right now at least 20 movies were made in and around this wee little city!! who knew? I thought I will find out all I can about them, then you all can pick and choose. Be great if there were a tour!!

There is a great free train ride.

I will also call and see about motels just to be sure we are not butting heads with some big function!

Ok now who else is coming?
Admiral (Administrator)

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the other stations, so far no one replied on there. I will spam the chat there later today
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I am so jazzed again!!!

I just talked to the Chamber of Commerce. She is so helpful, I will have to go meet here when I them.
anyway...

She is sending me the new Astoria Travel guide, a list of activities that weekend, and there are some!, The booklet on the movie sets, and a disk on something else-now I forget.. but it is cool.

I am going to start emailing you data as I get it.
If you are thinking of joining us let me know so I can email you too.
Since there is a function in town that weekend, A Civil War Reenactment that stays at the big old fort there, I want to make reservations for those I know are coming and add a couple rooms.

This is going to be so cool. So far I can see I get to add four SST fans to my list of now I now you up close and personal list!!

keep ya posted.....
Cadet 3

Member#: 29945

rachelbp is offline View user's profile Send private message View rachelbp's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm rather new to this community, but seeing that Astoria is close to home and that I'm feeling welcomed here, I might join you all for this!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Concerts and meetings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: