StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Having Trouble Requesting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA noshoes039
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 27120

noshoes039 is offline View user's profile Send private message View noshoes039's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:14 pm   Post subject: Having Trouble Requesting Reply with quote

Lately I've had some issues when my request ticker flashes that it's "Ready" and I know for a fact that I've waited the correct amount of time, but whenever I click a requestable song, it shows me the "Error: Requesting Too Soon" page.

I first noticed it about a month ago, but it was solved by simply logging in and out. Now, however, it's not fixed by doing that. Today it showed me that error page when I was trying to request my very first track of the day.

Usually I fight with it for a few minutes and it either eventually puts the request through or I give up, come back later and it works again.

I don't know what the problem could be or if it's something that can be fixed. I'm sorry I didn't report it sooner, but I was waiting to see if it was going to be the one-off occasion or see if I could detect a pattern. But it's happened to me at all different times of day and for requesting a number of different tracks, as well as on different types of browsers.

I would say over the month of February, I was locked out of requesting at least a dozen, if not more times, when my ticker was Ready and I didn't even have many requests in the queue. And sometimes the lock out only lasted a couple minutes, other times closer to thirty.

It's more a nuisance than anything. I know what a great deal SST is and I know it's primarily supported by a group of dedicated volunteers who also are busy with other things, so this is by no means an emergency. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else was experiencing the same phenomenon.

Thanks for any help you can offer on this. Smile
USA JadedTitan VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 19134

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have experienced this and other members have mentioned it to me as well...usually in chat they ask why they cannot request. It happened to me yesterday, but usually it is fixed (for me) just by requesting another track. Even just requesting a different song off the same score it will go through ok. So I have no idea why this happens but you are certainly not alone in it shoeless.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 27774

Ghostkeeper is offline View user's profile Send private message View Ghostkeeper's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't experienced this, despite requesting lots and lots of tracks in the last few weeks.
Perhaps it's a bug related to specific users or specific user settings.
Or perhaps I'm just being lucky so far.
Commodore

Member#: 24518

Angel is offline View user's profile Send private message Angel's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have experienced this also, a few times now...
But Indeed, requesting another track and this one goes thru without any trouble.

my soundtrack collection
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone is experiencing this, please send me a PM with the time (preferred the SST time in chatbox) and the track you requested.

Also keep an eye on the queue length if it is not around 1:30, 2:30 or 3:30 so that the waittime is changed just before you requested. But I assume that it is not the case here
USA noshoes039
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 27120

noshoes039 is offline View user's profile Send private message View noshoes039's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to know I'm not alone! It's quite the pesky problem, isn't it?

I actually thought the other day I had a pattern nailed down, that it had to do with those certain tracks that were Amazon or iTunes available when the rest of the album wasn't...but then when I tried to request such a track, of course it went through seamlessly. Laughing

I actually haven't experienced the odd lock-out this weekend. Fingers crossed, no one else experiences it ever again. If I do though, I'll let you know, Sirius.

Thanks guys!
USA zgurl49
Commander
Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have experienced this though not recently. I noticed that when it would happen to me it was when I am trying to request an artist that is currently "Now Playing" so I just thought it was due to my quick fingers beating the site from updating the queue.

Usually if I wait a few seconds and try again, or like Jade said, try a different track, it goes through with no issues.
Commander

Member#: 9964

Johnny_Cage is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Johnny_Cage's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been unable to request anything for the past few weeks. Loading an album page (among other things) logs me out of the system. On the first attempt, it says that it's a member-restricted section of the site. Then at the second attempt, it informs me that I've requested too soon. Has this issue been addressed yet?
"You have been chosen to represent Earth in Mortal Kombat. Be warned. Although your souls are protected from Shao Kahn's evil: your lives are not. I cannot interfere any longer as your Earth is now ruled by the Outworld gods."
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The new bug I have been getting is saying I requested too soon when I clearly am able to request. It is not due to the queue length jumping past the :30 min mark as it is always clearly below that. I'll try requesting something over and over then eventually it will go through...I guess I should now keep track of the tracks/times as it has happened a few times.

Johnny, I am not sure about your error, I have had that in the past where the site logs me out for no reason, but have not seen that recently..though maybe the second issue you address is like what I posted above,
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this problem too, but just today I noticed that the timer reset to 2min30sec instead of the former 2mins.
I don't know if it's the same +30sec thing when the queue is longer, I don't pay as close attention then.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Reviving an old thread. People still having issues?
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thur had this issue the other night Cal, she tried to request a track off of Forbidden Zone but was unable. When I asked her to request a different track it went through no problem...But Cinder was able to request the FZ track that Thur had been trying for.
Commander

Member#: 13601

anya is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View anya's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I use another computer, I've got this problem.
I log in and when I go on the album page to request, it first indicate that I'm not logged in and when I log once more and that I go back on the page to request, I've got the message "you requested too soon". So I've got to waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait (one hour ? Maybe more, I didn't really pay attention) and finally it's all okay, I can resquest as a VIP member.

It's always happening on this computer (mine) but never on the one I used at work.
Lieutenant

Member#: 28769

Akula is offline View user's profile Send private message Akula's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:38 pm   Post subject: SST Bug...? Reply with quote

SST Bug...?

This problem has been plaguing me pretty much since the beginning of the year, it's incredibly frustrating and I'm clearly not the only who has been affected. I've spoken to Sirius several times about this 'bug' & he is as mystified as I am. I've allowed him to log into my account in the hope that this 'bug' shows its ugly face to him, but it has failed to present itself to him as yet. I've switched between browsers (Chrome, Explorer & FireFox) but still the problem persists. I've switched machines and I've even used different internet service providers but still the same problem arises...

It's time to explain this 'problem' in step-by-step screenshots so that the Admin might gain a better understanding.

So, after clearing all cookies, history... everything, I log into SST @ approx 14:22 SST chat time. I'm using Chrome. The queue is 2hrs 23mins in length & VIPs can request every 30mins, and as you can see, it is clearly showing that I can make a request if I'd like to.

(I apologise for the size of the screenshots but any smaller & the detail is blurred out.)

Let's make a request...

And here is the message that I'm confronted with --

NOTE: If I am to click on anything else other than 'Go Back' I am automatically logged out -- however, if I look at the members online list it clearly shows that I am still logged in, even so after refreshing the page:

Anyway, this time I will click on the 'Go Back' button...

...Here you can clearly see that 'Force Marker' is still requestable, so another user hasn't 'beaten me to it' and nothing by this artist or anything from the Heat album is in the queue. So I try requesting the same track again...

And I am now greeted by this error message --

-- but this is clearly not the case!

So I log out & switch browsers from Chrome to Explorer. Before I log into SST I first clear all cookies, history, etc. from Explorer. I log into SST via Explorer @ approx 14:30 SST chat time...

Let's try and make a request -- it says I can...

And once again I am confronted by this message --

-- Clearly not the case! I go back & try to request a different track, and again I'm confronted by this same message.

So I leave it for some time.

20mins later I try requesting a track, a different one, and...

...to my great surprise --

I tell you, this 'bug' is really, really aggravating.

Also, during the time when this 'bug' is preventing me from requesting and someone sends me a PM, when I've clicked on 'Read message' I've been met by this pop-up --

-- It's gotta be related, right?

Anyway SST Admin, hope this post is helpful, hope you can zero in on this annoying little 'bug' and squash it!

-- By the way, just requested 'Force Marker' from Heat, the track I tried to request initially Smile

NOTE: As long as I don't log out I am able to request as normal. The bug only seems to surface when I initially log in & try to make a first request. Give it some time after the 'bug' has prevented me from requesting and it seems to vanish, things return to normal. But if I log out & then log back in... guess who's back!

Many thanks.

-- Akula xx

Last edited by Akula on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
USA Johnny_Cage
Commander
Commander

Member#: 9964

Johnny_Cage is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Johnny_Cage's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this will help anything, but I just wanted to add that the exact same requesting problem that Akula just explained (great job Akula, by the way) has been an ongoing problem for me whenever I use Chrome on my home computer. However, it has not yet happened when using Internet Explorer on the same computer.
"You have been chosen to represent Earth in Mortal Kombat. Be warned. Although your souls are protected from Shao Kahn's evil: your lives are not. I cannot interfere any longer as your Earth is now ruled by the Outworld gods."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: