StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Add: Requiem for my friend/ Lacrimosa - Day of Tears by Zbigniew Preisner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Add it?
Yes
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Maybe
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

Netherlands Ruelf VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 20892

Ruelf is offline View user's profile Send private message View Ruelf's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 am   Post subject: Add: Requiem for my friend/ Lacrimosa - Day of Tears by Zbigniew Preisner Reply with quote

Requiem for my friend/ Lacrimosa - Day of Tears - Zbigniew Preisner

Track List:

17 Lacrimosa - Day of Tears

Samples:
Lacrimosa - Day of Tears

Hi Everybody

I'm not sure if this will be approved but i'll give it a try. The entire CD is beautiful, but not related to a film. The song Lacrimosa - Day of Tears is used in the movie The tree of life and is absolutly a beautiful song(the score is from Desplat). I would love to see the whole CD, but if that is not allowed I hope that the song Lacrimosa - Day of Tears is allowed and it is only $0,99 at amazon. You can find the enitire song on youtube of course.
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You gave the reason already yourselve Smile
It's not a soundtrack. The fact that one track is used in Tree of Life, makes it a temptrack and may even be excluded from that entry.

As a Preisner fan I do go along with the beauty of this CD and maybe adding it to Adagio would be a good idea.

take a look at my collection: My album list
Netherlands Ruelf VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 20892

Ruelf is offline View user's profile Send private message View Ruelf's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

But how about songs for example like Nara from E.S.Posthumus. Those kind of songs are not scores and SST has the entire CD? Nara was only used as an opning song for Cold Case. I don't see much difference with the song above. Was just wondering!
Netherlands Ghostkeeper
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 27774

Ghostkeeper is offline View user's profile Send private message View Ghostkeeper's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

There's always the problem whether to include those temptracks. Many modern movies have a pop track playing during the credits that reflects the mood of the ending (usually either happy, epic, or dramatic). This usually doesn't fit with the other music at all but is just the current music taste of the director. I think because it's just pop and not made specifically for that movie, they are usually not included on SST.
There are some exceptions already though. And you could argue that this is an excellent opportunity to make such an exception for Tree of Life given the instrumentation.

Ruelf makes a valid point, and the same goes for all the other trailer-music. The question there is whether to include trailer music under the 'soundtrack' category or not. These are some considerations:

Against:
  • Trailer music is not used in a movie, game, or anime.
  • Some trailer music groups don't use orchestra but drums and guitars, disrupting the stream with another genre.
  • They're essentially used for commercials, and that music is normally not considered a soundtrack.
For:
  • Trailer music is used on TV and in cinemas.
  • The music is connected to movies and games.
  • Most of trailer music is orchestral, and fits fine among the Zimmers and Jablonsky's.
  • Taken by the comments on these forums of the last 2 years, there is little critique. People generally like TSFH.
Granted, I am for including trailer music and aren't as able to make a strong counter-argument as some other people would.
In the end, voting makes the difference.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: