StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

2002 SST AWARDS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 2:44 pm   Post subject: 2002 SST AWARDS Reply with quote

As a result of the disappointing 2002 Oscar Nominations for best soundtrack, StreamingSoundtracks.com has developed an award system of what we believe who deserves to be nominated. The winner will be determined by votes in this poll.

We will conduct the same poll for 2001 & 2000 after this one is complete. This poll ends March 23rd, the night of the Oscars.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
EyeDea
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 298

EyeDea is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail EyeDea's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:51 pm   Post subject: 2002 SST AWARDS Reply with quote

I had a tough time deciding between The Hours, Two Towers and Time Machine. But in the end, Time Machine had the charm and charisma and the motifs to carry it. Towers was a close second and Hours was third.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:00 am   Post subject: 2002 SST AWARDS Reply with quote

Tough one, I cant choose between The Time Machine and Two Towers lol

Oh well a month to think about that one

Jeric, are you gonna go for a nominations playlist some day? Could be fun [Smile]
sarbear
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

aw

Member#: 297

sarbear is offline View user's profile Send private message sarbear's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 8:30 am   Post subject: 2002 SST AWARDS Reply with quote

Is there going to be a day when we get to hear selected tracks from the options. It would be helpful in making an informed decision.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:14 am   Post subject: 2002 SST AWARDS Reply with quote

I think the oscar people should be looking into Jeric's site. Then they could get a clue on who to nominate.

hmmm how could we advertise this poll???
sarbear
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

aw

Member#: 297

sarbear is offline View user's profile Send private message sarbear's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:49 pm   Post subject: 2002 SST AWARDS Reply with quote

I couldn't help it, I made my decision and voted.. but what a hard decision that was...
Whatsthatsmell?
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 367

Whatsthatsmell? is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Whatsthatsmell?'s Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:03 pm   Post subject: 2002 SST AWARDS Reply with quote

Come on guys we gotta give best core to LOTR!
This score was even better than Fellowship.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

EyeDea is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail EyeDea's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:21 pm   Post subject: 2002 SST AWARDS Reply with quote

Two Towers was a good score, but Time Machine was just a tad better. I dont know why, but there's something that Time Machine has that LOTR does not. I mean both have wonderful themes, and memorable momments, but Time Machine has that sort of extra charm that I can't describe in words, and it's this that LOTR lacks.

But vote as you wish. [Big Grin]
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:45 pm   Post subject: 2002 SST AWARDS Reply with quote

Eyedea, did your brother write that score or something? I swear half of your posts are all about how much you like that score and wish you could marry it then bear its children.
EyeDea
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:51 am   Post subject: 2002 SST AWARDS Reply with quote

And the correct answer is: I just think it’s a VERY good score, but I know that it wont get the recondition that it deserves.
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:29 pm   Post subject: 2002 SST AWARDS Reply with quote

On the contrary. Maybe what it truly needs is a "recondition." [Smile]
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:34 am   Post subject: 2002 SST AWARDS Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cocles:
On the contrary. Maybe what it truly needs is a "recondition." [Smile]

ROFL

No, seriously, why the hell don't you guys just vote and shut up.. [Razz] This is a poll, not a discussion.

I think a poll should have it's reply button removed... Especially in this case, you are actually trying to change people's opinion if you publicly advertise your own.
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:27 am   Post subject: 2002 SST AWARDS Reply with quote

Agreed. Let's at least keep our choices of who we voted for off the forum.
Caray
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 5:12 am   Post subject: 2002 SST AWARDS Reply with quote

Agreed. I chose Spirit. [Big Grin]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 5:25 am   Post subject: 2002 SST AWARDS Reply with quote

quote:
I chose Spirit.
DUH!?!?!

[Wink]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: