StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Third Annual SST Royal Rumble
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Playground
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Poledouris was already out, Rukia.

C'mon, Johnny_Cage! Let's put a bow on this thing!
Commander
Commander

Member#: 9964

Johnny_Cage is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Johnny_Cage's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cage: Folks, I have witnessed the most epic sporting events to ever take place in an arena. I have witnessed the forces of good triumph over evil. And I've even participated in Mafia karaoke night and lived to tell about it. But none of that compares to what we are privileged to see right now. Each of these four composers that remain in contention to win the Rumble have voices of support from all around the world. Those voices found each other and are now joined as one. All of Basil Poledouris' loyal fans have migrated to the east side of the arena. Their chants are deafening.

"BAS-IL! BAS-IL! BAS-IL! BAS-IL! BAS-IL!"

Cage: Every member of the James Newton Howard fan club can be found at the arena's west side.

"J-N-H! J-N-H! J-N-H! J-N-H! J-N-H!"

Cage: In the north section......in the sea of Emma posters with Rachel Portman's face superimposed over them are the people who showed up to cheer on their favorite pianist.

"Win-for-us, Rachel! Win-for-us! *stomp stomp* Win-for-us, Rachel! Win-for-us! *stomp stomp*"

Cage: And at the arena's South Side, the Randy Newman supporters are singing "You've Got A Friend In Me" all in one voice.

"You've got troubles..........I've got them too...........There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you."

Cage: Forgive me for sounding sentimental but I wish this moment could last forever. SST is home to the greatest film score fans on the planet. Nowhere else comes close.

Lawler: It's like the World Cup without those annoying noise makers. It's times like this that make me regret ever saying the words "I've seen it all,", because every time I do, something amazing like this happens.

Cage: But we only have room for one victory speech. Who gets the honor? Let's find out!

Lawler: There they go!

Cage: Newman locks up in a grapple with Portman. He has no inhibitions about attacking women but I'm sure Portman will be happy to oblige. Newman with the arm drag takedown. Portman gives him one of her own.......powers out of a headlock and drops Newman down with a back suplex.

Lawler: JNH is almost out!

Cage: Poledouris went for the quick elimination but JNH is still too strong and too smart for that. Both men now exchanging strikes. This is a brawl to settle it all. Poledouris seems to be a little stronger. JNH is backed up into the corner. He's trapped and has nowhere to go. Poledouris strikes him with repeated chops in the corner. He's not letting up. Wait, Howard reverses a strike. Now it's Poledouris trapped in the corner and trying to defend against the onslaught of strikes. JNH with a series of shoulder rams into the corner. Poledouris is struggling to catch his breath but every moment brings more pain. Back to the other action. Newman performs a high vertical suplex. Portman lands flat on her back. That was a loud impact.

Lawler: Newman has a big grin on his face. He's smelling victory.

Cage: Poledouris managed to brawl his way out of the corner. He lifts up Howard........going for some sort of power move.......can't quite get him up. They're close to the ropes now. Poledouris again tries to lift him. He gets him off his feet this time. Howard is being held in a horizontal position. This could mean a fall-forward slam or maybe a powerslam.

Lawler: Howard's in trouble. He can't reverse the hold. He's a helpless victim.

Cage: JNH goes over the ropes........so does Poledouris. Howard held onto his opponent's shirt and Poledouris has to break the grip or they'll both fall to their doom. Howard and Poledouris are now both on the apron exchanging strikes. It's a gladiator joust for supremacy at this point. Both men are holding on to the rope with a death grip. It's a battle over who wants the title most.

Lawler: It's bound to be a stalemate. We could be here all ni......what the heck?

Cage: Howard and Poledouris crash into the guardrail! They were blindsided by Portman and Newman. Portman and Newman double charged the ropes like a battering ram and eliminated both men! That sure suprised them. Heck, it sure surprised me.

Lawler: That was a genius move! Portman and Newman both saw the opening.....saw that Poledouris and Howard were vulnerable....and took advantage.

Cage: Poledouris and Howard are in disbelief and so are their supporters. But the other fans are going nuts. Now it's down to the final two! Rachel Portman and Randy Newman.

Lawler: You feel that Rumble? I mean literally.
"You have been chosen to represent Earth in Mortal Kombat. Be warned. Although your souls are protected from Shao Kahn's evil: your lives are not. I cannot interfere any longer as your Earth is now ruled by the Outworld gods."
USA Johnny_Cage
Commander
Commander

Johnny_Cage is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Johnny_Cage's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cage: Portman with an armlock.....Newman reverses into a hammerlock........Portman with a snapmare....Newman with a headscissors......move after move......counter after counter.......

Lawler: After all these two have been through, it's amazing they still have so much stamina.

Cage: Portman whipped against the ropes and bounces back........Newman leapfrogs........Portman runs under and bounces off the other side......she leaps up and over him......She's now sitting on top of his shoulders in the toddler position.......spins around........hurracanrana! Howard lands close to the ropes but immediately runs back to the center of the ring.

Lawler: Good ring awareness.

Cage: Portman again goes off the ropes......ducks under a big boot......goes for the leap again........uh-oh! This time, Newman was ready. He catches her.........and drives her down hard to the mat with a vicious spinebuster!

Lawler: That one knocked the wind out of her!

Cage: Rachel is not getting up. She is hurt. The pro-Rachel crowd went silent after that spinebuster. This is not looking good for her.

Lawler: Newman is lifting her back up.

Cage: Portman can barely stand on her feet. She's almost dead weight. Now she's over Newman's shoulders in the gorilla press slam position. Newman carries her over to the side of the ring.

Lawler: That's it! She's through!

Cage: No! Portman punches her way out. Newman staggers back to the center. He looks disoriented. Portman.......WHAM! A knockout punch! Newman drops down hard to the mat. Holy carp! Who knew Portman had so much power in that fist of hers?

Lawler: That's not the fist that did the damage. Take a closer look at her right hand.

Cage: You're right, King! There are brass knuckles on that hand. Portman must have been playing possum. Yes, that's exactly it. The replay shows that while Newman was preparing to finish her off, Portman reached into a hidden pocket, pulled out the brass knucks.....and Newman literally didn't know what hit him. Another brilliant move!

Lawler: Newman is back on his feet but I don't think he knows where he's at.

Cage: WHAM! Another shot with the brass knucks! Now Newman is staggering backward toward the ropes.

Lawler: William Regal would be so proud right now.

Cage: Another hit!

Lawler: He's leaning against the ropes. One more hit and he's.......

Cage: Another hit! Newman is knocked over the ropes! It's over! It's over! Rachel Portman has done it! Rachel Portman outlasted sixty-nine other composers and has made history tonight! What a result! What a performance! What a Rumble!

Lawler: Randy Newman is not waking up from that for at least a week.

2012 SST Royal Rumble Winner: Rachel Portman!
"You have been chosen to represent Earth in Mortal Kombat. Be warned. Although your souls are protected from Shao Kahn's evil: your lives are not. I cannot interfere any longer as your Earth is now ruled by the Outworld gods."
USA Johnny_Cage
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cage: The British woman has found royalty!

Lawler: Now she just has to accept my invitation to the King's Court and my own royal family can finally begin.

Cage: Let her rest for a while, King. She's had a long day. Oh no. Oh no. Don't tell me this is happening. Please tell me this isn't happening.

Lawler: Is that Joe Hisaishi at ringside?

Cage: It is. He's entering the ring. Rachel is posing with the trophy in front of the fans. She doesn't realize he's there. Oh, this is terrible. This can't happen again. Rachel, get out of there! Get out of there!

Lawler: Get out of there! She can't hear us.

Cage: Wait a minute! Here comes Jerry Goldsmith! And Harry Gregson-Williams! They're running down the entrance ramp.

Lawler: Hurry up, fellas!

Cage: Joe strikes......not in time! Goldsmith and Gregson-Williams intercept Hisaishi's path and save the day! Hisaishi is caught in a pickle of strikes. Portman has just now realized what had almost happened......and now she's joining in on the beatdown! Ha ha ha! I love it! Some real retribution for a change.

Lawler: Gregson-Williams just gave Hisaishi a sit-out powerbomb.

Cage: And now Goldsmith is climbing the turnbuckle. He gets up there.......he salutes the crowd.........and drops the flying elbow onto Hisaishi. The crowd is loving this so much and so am I.

Lawler: What's Rachel going to do now?

Cage: Goldsmith and HGW are holding Hisaishi in place. He is defenseless. Portman approaches him up close.

Lawler: I see the brass knuckles again.

Cage: Yes! One more brass knuckle shot. Do it for all of us, Rachel!

Lawler: The wind up....the swing.....

Cage: Home run! Hisaishi got all of that punch and he is out. Hopefully for good this time. The crowd erupts. Goldsmith, Gregson-Williams and Portman are celebrating together in the ring. What a show. I'm told that we're all out of time. King, thank you so much for being here with me tonight. I had so much fun calling the action with you.

Lawler: Me too, Johnny. How about we do it again next year?

Cage: Why not?

Lawler: Can I choose the next Rumble's location? Maybe set up a few stipulations of my own?

Cage: You'll have to take that up with Maxwell. And from what I hear, he's a tough negotiator. Folks, we're out of time. For Jerry "The King" Lawler, this is Johnny Cage saying thanks for joining us and thank you for supporting Streaming Soundtracks. Good night, everybody!

Special thanks to everyone who participated. Feel free to use the thread for comments or suggestions for future games. Post-game stats and interviews will be posted within the next few days.

France masked_platypus VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 18358

masked_platypus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View masked_platypus's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Rachel Portman, and thanks to you, Johny, to give us this fun moment of fighting with our favorites composers Smile
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Johnny! Great host job! I'm looking forward to the next SST Royal Rumble.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, Johnny_Cage blows me away with his level of commitment to the concept. We could totally do a Royal Rumble without him, but it wouldn't be any fun.

Thanks for a great time!
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15754

Tonks is offline View user's profile Send private message View Tonks's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It was fun and addictive game.
Thank you Johnny_Cage!
Waiting for the next edition Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36
Page 36 of 36

Jump to: