StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Casablanca Film + Live music Meeting, Dallas Apr 6-7, 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Concerts and meetings
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am fine by the suggested restaurants. Although I do not know yet, what time Dutchbat and I need to be at the hall to set up the stand. A restaurant close to the hall would be nice.

Zirael, we do not have plans yet for saturday afternoon. We will try to see some of the city and go to a music store that JT suggested.

You can come to the lobby and see what we will do.

Also a question to Nova and Dutchbat
What time shall we meet?

BTW we will arrive on friday late afternoon, early evening
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

As i haven't heared from the DSO if we place the stand there I cancelled the travelling with the stand.
We only bring leaflets along.
The meetiing with Richard Kaufman will be before or after the concert. He'll contact me monday for that.

Any restaurant is fine with me.

take a look at my collection: My album list
USA JadedTitan VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 19134

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

So the consensus is, it doesnt matter where we eat. What time will we meet for dinner and where? I should tell Yoshi where/when so that she can hopefully join us. Since you three will likely do stuff Saturday day I will leave that up to you.
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sirius, going to downtown and the record store Saturday during the daytime sounds good. Just let me know what time you plan to leave and I can meet you all in the Best Western lobby.

Should we meet up at Sfuzzi at 5pm for dinner?
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Can one of the mods confirm dinner date/time so we can all meet up? Thanks!
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

zirael wrote:
Sirius, going to downtown and the record store Saturday during the daytime sounds good. Just let me know what time you plan to leave and I can meet you all in the Best Western lobby.

Should we meet up at Sfuzzi at 5pm for dinner?

Zirael is it possible to be at the lobby around 10 am?

About dinner Sfuzzi sounds ok. Since it is about 15 minutes drive from the restaurant to the hall and we want to be there at least an half hour before let's say we gather around 4.30-4.45 pm

I want to ask JT to make the reservation. You have a list who is coming to dinner right?
USA JadedTitan VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

All of us (5) and Yoshi. I sent her a message and she said she'll be there for dinner. If we are eating at 5 I do not think we need a reservation, but I can still make one if you would like. Fury cannot come as he has to work. So the total will be 6 for dinner. Happy to see you all soon!
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sirius, I can meet you Sat. at the Best Western lobby at 10am.

Your idea to meet around 4:30 at Sfuzzi sounds good.

Looking forward to the trip! See you all soon! Smile
USA NovaKat
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 27045

NovaKat is offline View user's profile Send private message View NovaKat's Favorites
AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a long drive, but well worth it! Awesome moonrise tonight. Am at the Best Western restin' my head. *remembers to set alarm*
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

was great fun! (unstickied the post) Smile
Ensign

Member#: 27045

NovaKat is offline View user's profile Send private message View NovaKat's Favorites
AIM Address
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great time too! Was glad to be a part of it. Great to see new faces and hear new voices. Looking forward to the next opportunity Smile
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed meeting everyone and thanks so much to Dutch, Sirius, and jaded for organizing!

Quick trip report:

Dutch, Sirius, Nova and I met up on Saturday morning at the Best Western lobby then Dutch drove us to downtown Dallas by the Symphony Center. We managed to see the JFK Memorial, Dealey Plaza, and Arts District, including a sculpture garden and had a quick lunch at El Fenix - btw, great chips and salsa!

Then we headed north to a used CD shop that jaded had recommended. Hit a bit of traffic heading back but got to Sfuzzi's in time for dinner with Jaded and Yoshi.

After dinner, Dutch shared some flyers and gifts with Yoshi since she wasn't continuing on to the concert. The rest of us piled into one car and headed towards the Meyerson Symphony Center. It was a lovely and elegant venue, almost out of a film dream sequence, with its airy open glass windows and curved marble staircases leading up to our seats. The acoustics were excellent and we had a great view looking down on the orchestra. I enjoyed the symphonic accompaniment to the film and thought the musical transitions, especially during the Paris montage sequence and when Ilsa confronted Rick about the travel papers were especially fine. The latter scene was so wonderful, when the music started off very suspenseful then abruptly shifted to romantic, lush strings and the unified sound that I think is characteristic of Kaufman's conducting.

The meeting afterwards with Richard Kaufman was fantastic and added a lot to the whole experience - he was very personable and enthusiastic about doing more film music concerts like Casablanca.

I had such a wonderful time and appreciated making everyone's acquaintance in person. Looking forward to the next gathering!
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks zirael for your report! Great to hear you had interesting evening.
And Richard Kaufman is fantastic indeed. I remember him from Kraków last year. I was impressed watching him on stage (conducting) and listening to him during other festival events.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Yoshi_290
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 30867

Yoshi_290 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Yoshi_290's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so happy to meet four new faces. Zirael, Dutch, Novakat and Sirius now I can say that I know yall. Jaded, I can say I double know ya LOL!!! Okay just being silly there. (^_^) Hope I get to meet other SST members in the future. Thanks so much Dutch for the gift. I really do love it.
USA AveD
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 24386

AveD is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View AveD's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you all had a fantastic time!!
So fun to meet our online friends &
I would have loved to hear the
concert, being the classics lover I am.

Thanks for sharing your experiences!!!

*goes to gallery to search for Dallas
photos*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: