StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

krakow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm far from final conclusions too. Let's wait a bit. I think there is still hope.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is posted on Facebook I received an invite by one of my contacts of the festival organizers. It is in polish but what I understand it is a discussion about the maybe cancellation of the festival.

http://www.facebook.com/events/345890455423614
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The title of that FB event is something like: "We say NO to cancellation of this year's FMF edition in Kraków".

Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have contacted the organisation once I read this forumposting. I knew already from our contact at KBF that there were some financial issues with the City Council but that would only mean downscaling a bit.
I asked them now for an official statement on a go or no-go for FMF. As soon as I have the answer I'll post it here and on the World Tour page.

take a look at my collection: My album list
France anya
Commander
Commander

Member#: 13601

anya is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View anya's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

.... ç__ç Well, I'm a bit like Dallas, I still want to believe
Admiral (Administrator)

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a petition you can sign

Original in polish

Use google translate to read it in english

However the buttons are not translated.

On the bottom left there is a button called: "Popieram petycję - JESTEM ZA"
Click on it and you can sign the petition
When you want your email address visible click the first option "Udostępniam"
Use the button: "Podpisz petycję" to confirm it

O after that you have to confirm your email address I forgot wich button that was, maybe somebody can post here which button then must be clicked
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition you receive an email, with a link you must confirm you signature as well
Click the link below in the email that says "Jeśli jesteś osoba podpisująca petycje, kliknij w poniższy link, aby powrócić na
nasza stronę w celu zweryfikowania swojego podpisu."

Translated: "If you are the person signing the petition, click on the link below to return to
our website in order to verify your signature."
Poland DallasTreado
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 30449

DallasTreado is offline View user's profile Send private message DallasTreado's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

well done on the instructions Sirius!
Poland Tonks
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15754

Tonks is offline View user's profile Send private message View Tonks's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Done. Please - sign petition...

Last edited by Tonks on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed it, although I'm still waiting for mail validation...
Admiral (Administrator)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed it.

Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get an email, but signed the petition.
of course I will send an official statement as ambassador via KBF to the Krakow Board.

I hope there will be an english version of the petition soon, so we can put it on the websites of SST and MT (incl. the FB-pages)

take a look at my collection: My album list
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Today at one of big polish websites there was live, interactive chat with KBF boss - Izabela Helbin (about Kraków festivals in 2012).

I was unable to follow the discussion live and for now text of that discussion is still unavailable at website's chat archive, so I don't know the latest views of KBF boss, but I'll keep an eye on that website archive and will let you know as soon as I find out something more about that chat.

Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I received from the person who created the facebook event an English translation of the Petition (link and instructions how to sign it see previous posts):

The recent media reports and statements of top city officials indicate that Krakow will not stage its 5th Film Music Festival this year. This is due not only to budget cuts and a need to economise, but also because of polictically motivated decisions. By supporting spending cuts in the area of culture, we agree to the marginalisation of Krakow, a city that has so far successfully aspired to the title of the Polish Capital of Culture. The city has long been investing in unique events and niches that allowed it to stand out and grow in many areas of culture. Krakow has been notable in its dedication to early and contemporary music, film and literature, art and theatre.

One of the highlights of Krakow’s cultural scene is the Film Music Festival. The festival has been a success story: it helped Krakow earn its international position and proved its ambition and potential to host one of the most important international events where film music is in the spotlight. Organizers insisted from the very beginning that the event be located in and intrinsically linked with Krakow - capital of the Malopolska region. Therefore moving the event to a different location in times of economic hardship is not a viable option.

Not only has the FMF for years attracted great composers and artists, but above all, it is an event beloved by audiences of all ages. In just a few days in May, the attendence levels approach the 17000 mark with numbers of foreign visitors growing annually. The FMF facebook profile lists 6000 active members. A spontaneous protest against the budget cuts drew support of 1300 people on the Internet within just 4 days after the news was publicised. More and more fans from all over the world join in.

The festival is one of its kind in Poland and has 2 counterparts in the world. It is also Krakow’s only cultural event ever mentioned in the Hollywood trend-setting "Variety" magazine or in the "Hollywood Report". Frequent enquiries that hit the FMF official and social networking websites confirm its highly regarded status. They are sent in by composers from around the world who wish to take part and ask for instruction on how to apply.

The combination of the Film Music Festival with the activities of the Krakow Film Commission and the Regional Film Fund further contributes to the build-up of the image of Krakow in the world. Collaboration with the RMF Classic radio station facilitates nationwide promotion. Film music has often been seen as a borderline between pop culture and classical music; at the festival it is always staged as a high profile celebration of art. Also, the repertoire brings to concert halls lots of young listeners that otherwise would not be likely to turn up for symphony concerts.

Strategic partnerships made the festival famous around the world. Suffice it to say that acclaimed artists like Hans Zimmer, John Williams or Patrick Doyle are planning to attend. The festival boasts its quality simultaneous shows, a large number of previews and world premieres, appearances by artists otherwise hardly available. To give just one example, it was Krakow that hosted the first European performance of the legendary Asian composer Joe Hisaishi. The recording of his Krakow concert was high on the bestsellers’ list in Japan for a few weeks. The FMF received many of the world's major figures of the genre - the Oscar winners: Howard Shore, Jan A.P. Kaczmarek, and Tan Dun, impeccable Umebayashi and Hamauzu, the already mentioned Joe Hisaishi, as well as Tom Tykwer. Memorable performance of the Lord of the Rings, world premieres of Hero, Single Man, The Banquet, and Pirates of Caribbean, are only a few unique projects completed under the auspices of the festival. It was here that fans, for the first and only time in Poland, could applaud Eric Serra, Reinhold Heil, Johnny Klimek, Shigeru Umebayashi, Masashi Hamauzu and Max Raabe.

It is worth noting that the FMF is an event that primarily showcases musical ensembles from Krakow. Thanks to the festival, the world has again had the opportunity to appreciate the great performances of Sinfonietta Cracovia, Krakow Philharmonic Choir, the Polish Radio Choir, Pueri Cantores Sancti Nicolai, a federation of choirs in Krakow - Pro Musica Mundi, Aukso Orchestra and Beethoven Academy Orchestra.

Krakow’s and Poland’s best soloists, instrumentalists and vocalists perform at the festival. They are joined by world-famous conductors, including Diego Navarro, Arnold Roth, Ludwig Wicki, Benjamin Wallfish, Richard Kaufman. Renowned composers, as they grow fascinated by the true artistry of musicians of Krakow, turn into ambassadors of Krakow culture and its musical ensembles. No better business card could be presented to the international assembly of music producers, culture management professionals and journalists.

The Film Music Festival is a well-recognized brand, a proven, long-term investment and a unique tourist attraction and as such it should make Cracovians proud. We therefore apeal to you to look at the issue afresh and put aside political leanings. It is wasteful to cancel an event whose promotional, artistic and cultural reverberance by far outweighs the financial expenditure incurred by the city.

Your election promises and agendas championed Krakow youth and academic community.
Please, do not take this festival away from us. Here generations meet and different nationalities come together. Here Krakow proves it is capable of hosting modern and attractive initiatives.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

molossus wrote:
Today at one of big polish websites there was live, interactive chat with KBF boss - Izabela Helbin (about Kraków festivals in 2012).

(...)

I'll keep an eye on that website archive and will let you know as soon as I find out something more about that chat.

Now we can read what KBF boss said (it's in Polish):

http://czat.onet.pl/1655718,1,0,co_dalej_z_krakowskimi_festiwalami,archiwum_dyskusji.html

To put things short: nothing is really decided yet. KBF still wants to organize FMF which is priority event for them. They are currently in process of some contracts renegotiations (probably with sponsors), they wait for usual money donation from Polish government, and still try to convince local politics from the City Council to change their decision and give more money for festivals in 2012.

There is also hope that maybe voivodeship (province) authorities will help the city to find money for FMF.

Good to see FMF has been directly mentioned during the chat, and more than once.

Last edited by molossus on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: