StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

PR: The Pact (Ronen Landa)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
cinemediapromo
Captain
Captain

Member#: 20035

cinemediapromo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail cinemediapromo's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:33 pm   Post subject: PR: The Pact (Ronen Landa) Reply with quote

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

COMPOSER RONEN LANDA CELEBRATES THE RELEASE OF
THE PACT ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK

Screamworks Records To Release The Pact On June 12th

(May 30, 2012 – Los Angeles, CA) – Composer and 2011 Sundance Institute Fellow Ronen Landa (The Dreams of Sparrows, City of Borders) is proud to announce the release of The Pact – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Screamworks Records. Violinist Anna Bulbrook (of indie rock band The Airborne Toxic Event) and pianist Dan Tepfer are featured performers on the score.

Composer Ronen Landa draws on a breadth of influences to create music that is inventive and daring, and, above all, music that communicates. The press has hailed his work as “an astounding auditory journey... an intricate and delightful aural treat” (Cinema Without Borders).

Landa scored the upcoming international drama Festival of Lights, the landmark Iraqi-made documentary The Dreams of Sparrows (Official Selection: SXSW), City of Borders (Winner of the Teddy Audience Award, Berlin International Film Festival), the romantic drama Divergence (Official Selection: Method Fest), and the uplifting environmental documentary Burning in the Sun (PBS). He also scored Paraìso, awarded Best Short Documentary at the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival. Landa contributed music to the Discovery Channel/BBC original series Life as well as to Comedy Central's Colbert Report and to History's American Pickers.

2011 was a pivotal year for Landa. He was selected to be a Sundance Institute Fellow. The same year a short film that he scored, The Pact, premiered at the Sundance Film Festival. Landa was brought back to compose the music for the feature length version, which premiered at Sundance the following year.

“I was introduced to (director) Nick McCarthy by a mutual friend and we quickly bonded over our shared love of classic film scores,” said Landa. “I was fortunate that Nick gave me the opportunity to compose some chilling music for the original short -- he brought back his entire key production team for the feature and we worked together closely to create a terrifying but emotionally resonant score to accompany the film.”

Called “Frightening! Freakin’ scary” by the Los Angeles Times, The Pact will be available on demand and digitally on May 25th and in theaters on July 6, 2012.

After their mother passes away, sisters Nicole and Annie reluctantly return to their childhood home to pay their last respects. While staying overnight in the house, the sisters sense a mysterious presence in their midst: noises startling them in the night, objects moving about, a fallen picture of an unknown woman posed next to their mother. Annie begins experiencing a series of intense and disturbing dreams – visions that lead her to uncover something terrible about her mother’s past that is finally revealing itself.

Inspired by the haunted house central to the film, Landa found sounds in his own home to use in the score. “I used my washer/dryer, radiator, wine glasses, bottles, etc. to create some of the percussion and textures,” said Landa.

He continued, “Horror films scare me to pieces! I find watching them to be something of a traumatic experience, but they are also an amazing canvas for inventive music. So as a composer it was an exciting challenge to score The Pact, but I definitely had to do it with the lights on!”

Screamworks Records presents The Pact-Original Motion Picture Soundtrack available digitally and in-stores on June 12, 2012

###

ABOUT SCREAMWORKS RECORDS
Screamworks Records is a division of Moviescore Media dedicated to releasing horror film music. Also available from Screamworks Records is Jeff Grace’s score for Stake Land, David Julyan’s Heartless, Nathaniel Levisay’s Dawning, Conrad Pope’s The Prestige, and the Grammy nominated soundtrack for The Shrine composed by Ryan Shore.

For more information contact: cinemediapromo@yahoo.com or @cinemediapromo on Twitter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: