StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

**MOVIE SPOILERS** The Two Towers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 7:50 am   Post subject: **MOVIE SPOILERS** The Two Towers Reply with quote

Hey everyone! I just viewed Lord Of The Rings the Two Towers! And I must say "IT WAS FRICKING AMAZING!!!!" Okay so anyways the effects that they have on the character Golum kick the crap out of the effects Lucas had on Yoda in episode 2. And the fighting moves that they gave MY charater LEGOLAS! [Big Grin] Were outstanding... He had some comical lines but the main comedic relief came from the Dwarf Gimlie..(and some would say Golum)

I laughed I cheered, I waited in line for two hours, I was very very pleased... I give it AN ELEVEN out of 11. well be back Sunday night... Of to San Diego Have a great weekend!!! [Smile]
solkef
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 8

solkef is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail solkef's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:26 am   Post subject: **MOVIE SPOILERS** The Two Towers Reply with quote

Ho my god.... I stood in line for 4 hours to have good seats for the 2 tower and IT WAS WORTH IT. the only down thing I could say about the movie is the caracter they gave to Faramir, brother of Boromir.... but than again.... it was THE best movie of the year.... nothing come close to it....

Cant wait to se it again!

Have a nice x-mas all

Guy Matte
Lieutenant

Member#: 298

EyeDea is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail EyeDea's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:44 pm   Post subject: **MOVIE SPOILERS** The Two Towers Reply with quote

Yes i must continue the "Oh My God" statements as i loved the movie too.
I only had two problems with the movie, 1: the Faramir Charactor, but in the end he shows his true colors, so 1 problem solved...
and 2: the movie might be a tad hard to follow for someone who has not read the book. for example . why gandalf THE WHITE, who grima realy wass, who gollum was before( all u learn in the movie is real name.. smeagol), why would sauruman be leading a human army as well as an orc one.

thats just off the top of my head.. as for positives.. EVERYTHING ELSE. the one scene that realy caught me offguard and just left me starring with awe was the scene at helms deep near the end when gandalf and the forces of good rode down the mountain side against the ever dark orc army. The scene was shot soo utterly perfectly down to the very rays of light shining thru and it illustrates beautiful the battle between good and evil.
Ensign

Member#: 304

Musicsound is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Musicsound's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:28 am   Post subject: **MOVIE SPOILERS** The Two Towers Reply with quote

Hello again!

I am really looking forward to see LOTR No 2!
I am going to watch it in the x-mas holidays! Just one weeek to go for me! [Smile] [Smile]
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

aw

Member#: 297

sarbear is offline View user's profile Send private message sarbear's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:14 pm   Post subject: **MOVIE SPOILERS** The Two Towers Reply with quote

I don't think this topic gives much away of the movie. I read this discussion before seeing the movie but it didn't ruin anything, it just doesn't make sense unless you have seen it.

I would expect the last movie to explain some of the problems earlier, like the human army as well as the orc army. I thought what made this movie more enjoyable was the comic relief as mentioned by Legolas, even during some of the worst fighting scenes.

I think I will have to watch this one again to decide whether or not I like it better than The Fellowship of the Ring.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 5:59 pm   Post subject: **MOVIE SPOILERS** The Two Towers Reply with quote

To say it doesn't give MUCH of the movie away is to imply that it does give SOME of it away.

Whether the comments listed here would only confuse the other readers is your opinion. Maybe the "movie spoilers" label to you implies a full plot synopsis; well it can but it doesn't always.

Stop being pathetic Sar, and arguing over a point of courtesy. Since you didn't even start thread you don't even have to touch the title line, so what's it to you?
sarbear
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

aw

sarbear is offline View user's profile Send private message sarbear's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 7:31 am   Post subject: **MOVIE SPOILERS** The Two Towers Reply with quote

Okay so I take back my use of the word much. [Smile]

You get much less out of this discussion thread than you would by watching the trailer, or reading a real critique on some movie website or out of the newspaper. I think the title "Movie Spoilers" is fine, but it is implying to those who have not read the discussion that there is more here than there really is. Simply my opinion, nothing more, nothing less. Of course, this thread could turn into more of what people are expecting and that is why the title is still appropriate in my eyes.

By the way I didn't make a big deal about it (you have done that [Wink] ). I only wrote a line concerning the subject. The bulk of my post was on topic. Like you said it was just my opinion. [Big Grin]

Anyway, back on topic, I still like the movie! [Smile]
USA Hart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 53

Hart is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Hart's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 7:59 am   Post subject: **MOVIE SPOILERS** The Two Towers Reply with quote

I liked the movie the second time I saw it so, it definitely passes that litmus test. I went w/ a friend who graduated with me and who just kept complaining about everything. Finally,
I just had to say," I order you to be quite, Shut up!..bloody peasant!" [Big Grin]
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 1:30 pm   Post subject: **MOVIE SPOILERS** The Two Towers Reply with quote

Sar, some people avoid all the reviews, trailers and television commercials because they want to know as little about the movie as possible before they see it. Sometimes threads such as these can only be speculative discussion, which is fine. But if it's not just speculation, if actual facts are given about plot then it is appropriate to mention that there are possible spoilers in here.

There was info in here that would have annoyed others or even myself had I not seen the movie yet. Such as mentioning what characters annoyed people, saying that Gimli was the comic relief in the film or how about mention of Sauron's human army?

If you looked around on other film forums you'd see that labeling possilbe spoilers is common practice no matter how big or small the spoiler may be.

Sorry Sar, but you strike me as the kind of person who ignorantly blurts out spoiler info and then holds up her hands and says, "WHAT? WHAT???" When everyone gets annoyed with you.
sarbear
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

aw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:10 pm   Post subject: **MOVIE SPOILERS** The Two Towers Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cocles:

Sorry Sar, but you strike me as the kind of person who ignorantly blurts out spoiler info and then holds up her hands and says, "WHAT? WHAT???" When everyone gets annoyed with you.

Maybe you shouldn't assume too much about me until you know me more. I do know that you like to pick on me and that is fine, but I am the type of person that hates for people to have the wrong impression of me. I hate it as well when people give important parts of the movie away without warning me. What is 'important' is of course subjective that is why I have told you I have no problem with the title of this discussion. Also am usually pretty careful about anything that I add to this sort of medium, (especially when addressing you [Wink] ) Again I say I have no beef or anything, I was merely pointing out ages ago that in my opinion there were no real spoilers in this discussion and I concede that you think otherwise. [Smile]

Happy day to you Cocles and to all who read this [Smile] .
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 8:30 am   Post subject: **MOVIE SPOILERS** The Two Towers Reply with quote

I went and saw the movie to a couple of days ago... First of all I think it is very well done and entertaining, but..

I completely disagree with the Arwen thing that gets thrown in, the writer never put her in the story line of the books, only in the appendices. The reason being to keep the excitement going. Come on, the scene with Elrond and Arwen was BORING, you have to admit.

But then again, the movie needed a romantic twist, I have to agree to that.

My largest concern in this movie is however the glorification of that puny wood elf Legolas (I mean come on..) at the expense of the dwarf.. Tolkien never wrote it that way... I mean in melee the dwarf could have gotten some moves..

I was really dissapointed that the dwarf was not getting propper attention in the first movie in Moria, but now, it was even worse.
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 8:52 am   Post subject: **MOVIE SPOILERS** The Two Towers Reply with quote

The film was GREAT. The Ents were awesome. I'm with SlowMo on the dwarf. Some of the jokes were funny, but after awhile it just got tedious. They couldn't have scene with him without making fun of him in some way.

Too many rips on the dwarf (now there's a euphemism), otherwise the film was superb.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 9:07 am   Post subject: **MOVIE SPOILERS** The Two Towers Reply with quote

hey Slowmo.. [Smile] Yeah it is pretty mean that they pick on Gimlie... The short guys always get picked on the most... But from what I hear he is more than tough in the next film... Gimlie I guess goes bazurk and kicks booty, and possbily saves the elf, leaving them equal... But I see why peter is building the elves up... They are in fact a far superior race. And he once said that they would be a fine model for the way life should be... Next to the little hobbits of coarse.
Legolas fighting moves are sweet, but it would be hard to apply awesome fighting techniques to the dwarf or the humans, because well, its not in the character, dwarfs and humans have much more limits in their life...
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:48 am   Post subject: **MOVIE SPOILERS** The Two Towers Reply with quote

Bullshit my friend.

They're immortal, not superior... For the humans are not vainly called the 'Chosen' in Tolkiens work.

The superior elves whom you refer to do exist, like Galadriel or perhaps even Elrond, but he's only half an elf. But Legolas is not one of them, he is a lesser elf, very young too, technically he's just a kid. I can safely say that in the books Gimli and Legolas are equals in combat. In the movies they're obviously not.

The problem is that the movie had too much influence from those Tolkien Society geeks who speak 'elvish' just because they think they're cool.

Of course there are Elves in Tolkiens work that far surpass any of the characters in the Lord of the Rings, and who could be called superior, but they were from 'ages past', and are long dead because they cursed themselves, or they are long gone to the 'blessed lands'. Very few of those 'superior' chaps are around during the age of The Lord of the Rings.

In fact that is exactly what I meant calling Legolas a 'puny' little elf, because he is just a wood elf. Believe me, there is nothing superior about him. At least Gimli is in direct decent of the fathers of the dwarvers, he should by right be called superior.

Anyway, I probably sound like a geek myself, at this point. Perhaps we should start a tolkien discussion thread just for me and Legolas (the guy, not the elf, man this is confusing).
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 12:27 pm   Post subject: **MOVIE SPOILERS** The Two Towers Reply with quote

nice point! I'll agree with you on that.... Peter jackson did a great job making this story into a movie, but he did change alot just for drama sake. Such as adding the love Triangle(please that is soooo soap opera) and there many more wich i can list... I feel reall bad for Gilmlie being the but of every joke, I hope they can make up for it in a less comical way... Sure at the battle of helms deep he was certianly good, (once he was tossed to the entrance of the keep.)

But I see why jackson did it.(I agree that he picked on gimlie a bit much) he just wanted movie goers, not book readers, to enjoy the cininmatic experience. The only thing that pissed me off was how he changed the character of Farhamier.. In the book he doesn't get tempted at all, but in the movie he wants to take it at gondor.(They best make up for it in the next!) don't read next if you know nothing of the story of Smeagol aka Gollum.

Hey but at least we will get to see Smeagol in the next... I believe they will show him kill his friend for the ring and then have time go bye and we will see him transform...

Over all i enjoyed the movie!
big time!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: