StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

SST Listeners map
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonel wrote:
thuringwethil wrote:
I noticed that when I add it goes under pie safe - and it's been that way for like 32 people. What are we doing wrong and can someone put in a bat icon for me ?

thur - did you try creating on the other layer as I suggested?

No. I followed the instructions in the very first post. Maybe we should fix those as 32 people are all labeled piesafe
Captain

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonel wrote:
thuringwethil wrote:
I noticed that when I add it goes under pie safe - and it's been that way for like 32 people. What are we doing wrong and can someone put in a bat icon for me ?

thur - did you try creating on the other layer as I suggested?

Dragonel wrote:
Click on the "New Markers Layer" so there is a blue highlighted strip on the left side to show that is the active layer, then create a new marker where you want it.

tried that. Didn't work. I am still under Piesafe - someone just put me in Fort Worth Smile
Lieutenant

Member#: 46975

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
I changed the 'Piesafe' category to 'All the rest'. Feel free to change it back or change it to something else, but this seemed less confusing to me. Razz
I also see now that j2's original post says regular users shouldn't use separate categories... oops, several of us have done so. Razz (Including myself Embarassed)
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

607 wrote:
Laughing
I changed the 'Piesafe' category to 'All the rest'. Feel free to change it back or change it to something else, but this seemed less confusing to me. Razz
I also see now that j2's original post says regular users shouldn't use separate categories... oops, several of us have done so. Razz (Including myself Embarassed)

How did you create your category? The Help on the Map just talks about Layers and if I try to Google it it keeps showing Google Pro results.
I must have done it myself when I marked my territory, but that was many years ago.

At this stage I'd think putting everyone in their own category seems to be the best way forward, even if it wasn't the original intent.
Lieutenant

Member#: 2563

Gert is offline View user's profile Send private message View Gert's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I declined to add my location, I couldn't keep my itchy geographer fingers off this.

Disclaimer: I downloaded all the data as a KMZ file before monkeying around in case I made an oops. (I didn't.)

I got ideas from https://support.google.com/maps/thread/3206663/how-to-move-features-between-layers?hl=en

-*-*-*-*-*-

1)

Okay, to start off, I changed the "Style" to "Individual Styles" (click the blue link with a paint roller, just underneath the Members header.)

- This popped everyone's names out to be visible in the Members layer.

- However, I cannot sort them alphabetically. Luckily there's a search function that will allow you to find a specific member's pin.
    - In this form, some people's custom icons were kept in tact, and some not, but I am out of patience to dig for the why. I haven't tried to reassign them when they are in this mode, as these pins do not belong to me. I guess I could have tested it with a dummy pin. Some other intrepid researcher can pick that up.

- If you click on the paint roller again, and sort by "Style By Data Column" - - > "name", the icons are back, but then the category/pin with the 30-some member names are all grouped back together again.
- I've left it sorted as "Individual Styles" for now.

- I added Martino and Matthias to the Members layer, as they somehow ended up in a layer of their own (?). This was accomplished by nothing more than clicking and dragging, as they were already singular features (not tied into any other category but their own).

- Then I moved the route pins to their own layer.
    - If you are the person who made these routes and this move has offended you: apologies. You can move them back if you like, as I did not delete them. We're just able to turn them on and off now all at once.
2)

Now, what makes me crazy is Google Maps' apparent lack of even a simple attribute table with a "category" column. You can kind of get one if you click the three dots to the right of the Members heading and then "Open data table". But... there is that missing column I mentioned. At least that data is editable? It's more like metadata, tbh.

3)

Then I brought the KMZ file into Google Earth, hoping I could force things to happen that way. Nope. BUT, I can now right-click a username and open Properties to get proper metadata, so that's something, I guess. Still no category information. I'll have to poke around some more later.

-*-*-*-*-*-

So, what is my best work-around right now before I go on to something else for the night? Leaving it sorted by "Individual Styles". Feel free to swap it back if that organization scheme doesn't do it for you, but at least now you can see everyone's name in the left-hand layer/feature pane.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gert wrote:
Although I declined to add my location, I couldn't keep my itchy geographer fingers off this.
So, what is my best work-around right now before I go on to something else for the night? Leaving it sorted by "Individual Styles". Feel free to swap it back if that organization scheme doesn't do it for you, but at least now you can see everyone's name in the left-hand layer/feature pane.

I prefer to see the individuals. I will see if I can fix me now.

Thanks Gert
Ensign

Member#: 14314

paulw is offline View user's profile Send private message paulw's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea. Looks likwe most from Western Europe and North America,

Paul W
New Zealand mister_mouse
Captain
Captain

Member#: 25250

mister_mouse is offline View user's profile Send private message View mister_mouse's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 3:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a second. Who added me to the map?! Shocked
And why am I living on "Barrett reef"? Is that even above sea level?! Laughing
Lieutenant

Member#: 2563

Gert is offline View user's profile Send private message View Gert's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

mister_mouse wrote:

Future-you who lives in an underwater bubble who hopped into the past, pinned the location, giggled, then jumped back to bubble-home future?
USA Morg VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 57

Morg is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Morg's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you live in a pineapple under the sea?

mister_mouse wrote:

Captain
Captain

Member#: 25250

mister_mouse is offline View user's profile Send private message View mister_mouse's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gert wrote:

Future-you who lives in an underwater bubble who hopped into the past, pinned the location, giggled, then jumped back to bubble-home future?

Sounds plausible. That must be it!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: