StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Streaming via Live365 will stop

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:41 am   Post subject: Streaming via Live365 will stop Reply with quote

We will no longer be streaming via Live365 as of 04 MAY 2013. We have had too much trouble with them and are paying too much money for very little in return. Of course you can still listen to our stations for free, commercial-free, through any of the listen links on this station.
dalandis
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 9583

dalandis is offline View user's profile Send private message View dalandis's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sirius... I used Live365 for years originally, but moved to the iTunes stream a while back. I note your words "commercial-free" though... but why are we hearing ads in the stream on certain days (today for example is VERY heavy with ads for places like GIECO, BUFFALO WILD WINGS, etc)
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Commercials in the stream are something new that was implemented in recent days.
We are waiting for news from JERIC to learn more details about it.

JERIC's comment from couple of days ago goes:
Quote:
As far as why they are in there, with the exception of the donation meter being filled in April, that has not happened in many months and we have to pay the bills somehow. (...)
Right now I would consider this a testing phase. If people are filling the donation meter then I'm taking that as they don't want ads.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
gandm
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 30695

gandm is offline View user's profile Send private message gandm's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I love SST, but the ads are so annoying. I listen to internet radio to get away from the constant ads of terrestrial radio.

I understand that you need income to run the site. But that is what VIP memberships are for (I can't afford to be a full time member but I get a month long subscription on a regular basis) as well as website advertisements.

Please keep SST commercial free. I don't want to go elsewhere for my music but I can't stand the stupid commercials. Please go back to the way it was before SST was ruined.

Thank you for listening to my rant.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's time to consider a nominal fee for membership, or levels of membership. Maybe you can join, listen, and chat for free, but a requesting-enabled membership would cost a once-in-a-lifetime fee of $5. The VIP memberships could keep as they are.

Of course, if this were to work, you might need to ask existent members to pony up, as well as new members.
USA Redjack
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 9540

Redjack is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Redjack's Favorites
AIM Address
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking in here as I just started listening again after a few days of break. Instantly noticed the ads as they throw off the entire listening mood.

I've donated in the past to help, but if I hear commercial ads, good luck getting anything else out of me!
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

In order to avoid having the same discussion in two threads, I invite you to post in this thread instead:

Ads or commercials streaming recently

I'll lock this thread. Thanks for your understanding!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: