StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

PR: Dom Hemingway (Rolfe Kent)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
cinemediapromo
Captain
Captain

Member#: 20035

cinemediapromo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail cinemediapromo's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:17 am   Post subject: PR: Dom Hemingway (Rolfe Kent) Reply with quote

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

METROPOLIS MOVIE MUSIC TO RELEASE DOM HEMINGWAY SOUNDTRACK

Featuring Original Music by Rolfe Kent

(November 11, 2013– Los Angeles, CA) – Metropolis Movie Music is proud to announce the release of the DOM HEMINGWAY Original Motion Picture Soundtrack with original score by composer Rolfe Kent (LABOR DAY, SIDEWAYS). The album, which will be released on November 11th, also features tracks by Chad Hobson, Citizen Cope, and the film’s Emilia Clarke.

“I have worked on at least 6 films with Richard [Shepard, director], and each one takes a completely different approach,” said Kent. “I was blown away by DOM HEMINGWAY the first time I saw it. It has all this vintage machismo energy, yet is so human, so deeply touching. The music had to keep up with these whirlwind performances, and bring out the excitement in a new way.”

DOM HEMINGWAY stars Jude Law as a larger-than-life safecracker with a loose fuse who is funny, profane, and dangerous. After twelve years in prison, he sets off with his partner in crime Dickie (Richard E. Grant) looking to collect what he’s owed for keeping his mouth shut and protecting his boss Mr. Fontaine (Demian Birchir). After a near death experience, Dom tries to re-connect with his estranged daughter (Emilia Clarke), but is soon drawn back into the only world he knows, looking to settle the ultimate debt.

“I showed Richard a rough idea I had using strange atmospheric tones in a rhythmic way, and he encouraged me to keep going down that road. It gave the film a serious but unusual edge, which really came out in the train sequence,” said Kent. “Although there is a humor to the film, Richard had stressed that the film would work best if the music avoided being comedic and instead took Dom and his life seriously. So that is the path we took.”

Unexpected texture, sounds and a signature musical personality are the hallmarks of British film composer Rolfe Kent, who has scored more than 50 films, including Academy Award nominated UP IN THE AIR (for which he won a Golden Satellite award), SIDEWAYS (for which he was nominated for a Golden Globe and Critics Choice Award in 2007), YOUNG ADULT, CHARLIE ST. CLOUD, ABOUT SCHMIDT, ELECTION, MEAN GIRLS, LEGALLY BLONDE and LEGALLY BLONDE II, WEDDING CRASHERS, THE MATADOR, REIGN OVER ME, THE HUNTING PARTY, THE GHOSTS OF GIRLFRIENDS PAST, and THANK YOU FOR SMOKING. Kent also composed the Emmy-nominated main title theme for the Showtime hit, DEXTER. In 2012, he received the Richard Kirk award for career achievement.

“I love composing for Richard; he's so open to interesting ideas and likes to push things in unlikely directions,” explained Kent.

Fox Searchlight will release DOM HEMINGWAY in the United States, April 2014. The DOM HEMINGWAY – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, courtesy of Metropolis Movie Music, will be available on digitally on November 11, 2013.

###

For more information contact: cinemediapromo@yahoo.com or @cinemediapromo on Twitter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: