StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Add More Of: Wind Rises, The by Joe Hisaishi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Add end song "Vapor Trail" by Yumi Arai?
Yes
81%
 81%  [ 9 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:41 am   Post subject: Add More Of: Wind Rises, The by Joe Hisaishi Reply with quote

Wind Rises, The - Joe Hisaishi

Buy at Amazon

Track List:

32. Hikoukigumo (ひこうき雲) [Vapor Trail]

Samples:
Official Trailer feat. Hikoukigumo (at 0:32)

I'd like to add the missing end song Hikoukigumo by Yumi Matsutoya.

At SST, we know her by the name of Yumi Arai as she sang for Miyazaki's Kiki's Delivery Service (tracks 20 and 21)

Granted it was not specifically written for the movie, it does blend in quite nicely -- As Miyazaki always choose end songs carefully and in the context of the movie.

In Japan the song became an instant hit (despite being released many, many years before) and is now completely assimilated with the movie.

Please give it a listen and a vote Very Happy

Poland olaziolek
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 23654

olaziolek is offline View user's profile Send private message View olaziolek's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i support this request with all my heart. it's a wonderful song and ever since the update which brought us this album i was wondering why was it omitted. it's also a very sad song - it tells about a girl whose soul has turned into a vapor trail after her death. i don't know how much it fits the movie as i haven't seen it yet [i hope polish cinemas will show it one day as it has been nominated for oscar now], alchi will probably have more to say about this [french cinemas are way beyond polish].

from more SSTechnical side: the reasons i don't understand why we don't have this song here yet are: it's not the first song that wasn't written especially for the movie but was included in the playlist, we have many of them. sometimes even the songs that were not only written for the movie but also sung in the movie by the actors themselves are omitted for some strange reason. but the most important thing here is: this song, 'vapor trail / hikoukigumo' is performed by yumi matsutoya [also known as yumi arai]. we have here, on SST, another two songs by this artist - 'if enveloped in tenderness' and 'lipstick message' from 'kiki's delivery service' - another movie by hisaishi/miyazaki duo, another songs that were recorded before the movie and not especially for it.
so my question will be: why not be consequent here??
please add this beautiful and melancholic song!

PS:
oh no! i DO NOT mean to be consequent and get rid of those two 'kiki' songs because they were not written for the movie!
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Ola, I don't want to spoil anything but it's like the song has been be written for one of the characters.

As for the movie, I really hope you can watch it soon; it might not be Miyazaki's brightest but definitely his most personal. Deeply moving...

Hisaishi's score is brilliant and goes along with the movie well. I wish there was an orchestral album though, as the current soundtrack is split in so many tracks -- which is good when you give it a full listen, but doesn't quite fit SST for instance.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: