StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

[Sorry!] Abuse of requesting Friday the 13th over and over

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Do you want to get rid of Friday the 13th from the library?
yes
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
no
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

Canada Macmee
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 30903

Macmee is offline View user's profile Send private message View Macmee's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:29 pm   Post subject: [Sorry!] Abuse of requesting Friday the 13th over and over Reply with quote

It is to be said that the volunteers at SST are very friendly and responsive and have already said that they are investigating this situation. So kudos to them, I really appreciate everything you guys do to keep SST awesome!

I posted another discussion on the forum about a potential abuse of requesting privileges and I thought I'd post in this forum (playlists) as is seems more related to the topic of requests.

There is a large collection of music from Friday the 13th, and one user in particular continues to systematically request every single song from this score (even 14 second long tracks). These songs are the ones that say: "cheh...cheh...cheh...cheh...KAH...KAH...KAH...KAH..." in them, and if you know what I am talking about then you've subconsciously admitted that this is overplayed.

Now normally I wouldn't find this troublesome but the fact is this individual causes this score to appear in the queue immediately as soon as he is able to. In the past 3 hours the song has played 2 times. This frequency is astonishing. What's worse is that this score is largely unpopular and most songs within it sounds almost the exact same.

Sure I could mute SST every time the song comes on, but honestly if someone is abusing their ability to request music by repeatedly requesting the same thing over and over numerous times a day, day in and day out, then that's a completely different problem. I'm fine muting my stream when songs from Chicago come on (I hate that!), because they don't come on every other hour. This garbage from F13 does.

So please, vote in the poll or speak your mind. Usually I'm not a fan for removing songs from the library but in this circumstance I wish this score was simply removed. There's many songs and these same unpopular ones just hog up the playlist day in and day out.
Netherlands SkyAero
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 34557

SkyAero is offline View user's profile Send private message View SkyAero's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've voted 'no', not because I don't agree with you (on the contrary, I hate that album), but because I think that removing the album is not the correct solution to the problem.

The correct solution would be to deal with the abuse of powers of this person.
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I moved the original thread in the Playlist/Misc area.

Please discuss and vote in the original thread: http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7660

I'll lock this thread as it is a duplicate.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: