StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Add: Despicable Me 2 by Heitor Pereira and Pharrell Williams | Soundtrack (2013)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Add it?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 10 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

USA dragon_Angel_05
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12015

dragon_Angel_05 is offline View user's profile Send private message View dragon_Angel_05's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:45 am   Post subject: Add: Despicable Me 2 by Heitor Pereira and Pharrell Williams | Soundtrack (2013) Reply with quote

Despicable Me 2 - Heitor Pereira and Pharrell Williams

Buy at Amazon

Track List:

1. Scream – Pharrell Williams feat. Cee Lo Green
2. Another Irish Drinking Song – The Minions
3. Just A Cloud Away – Pharrell Williams
4. Happy – Pharrell Williams
5. I Swear – The Minions
6. Y.M.C.A. – The Minions
7. Fun, Fun, Fun – Pharrell Williams
8. Despicable Me – Pharrell Williams
9. Px-41 Labs
10. The Fairy Party
11. Lucy And The Avl
12. Goodbye Nefario
13. Time For Bed
14. Break-In
15. Stalking Floyd Eaglesan
16. Moving To Australia
17. Going To Save The World
18. El Macho
19. Jillian
20. Take Her Home
21. El Macho’s Lair
22. Home Invasion
23. The Big Battle
24. Ba Do Bleep – The Minions

Soundtrack
USA

Samples:
Samples for Despicable Me 2 on Amazon.com

Since this soundtrack was never added to SST last year when the film came out on the same year, I thought maybe it's time to get notice.

Also, if this soundtrack do get added on SST, please keep most of the songs including track 4 as well as track 7 and 8 (these two song were from the first movie).

Thank you.
Germany Leina
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10786

Leina is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Leina's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... aren't the first songs exactely those kind of songs SST DOESN'T want to have? Songs you hear on the radio... people singing "Featuring the latest pop music" ? I mean don't get me wrong, I listened to them and like them, but I think JERIC would disagree. However the instrumental songs could be a great addition!
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 27774

Ghostkeeper is offline View user's profile Send private message View Ghostkeeper's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracks 9 through 23 seem to be an ordinary soundtrack. The songs sung by "The Minions" are really quite fun (especially 24). All of them seem to have been used somewhere in the movie, but I agree that the pop-songs wouldn't fit with SST's library and the taste of many of our users.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4569

MojoPin is offline View user's profile Send private message View MojoPin's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this album and the content can essentially be grouped under 3 headings:

* Tracks # 9-23 are straight up score, by composer Heitor Pereira. It's pretty typical fare, mostly spy/action music with some comic & Latin touches... can't imagine anybody objecting to this portion.

* Tracks # 1, 3-4, & 7-8 are the more pop-sounding numbers, all composed and most performed by Pharrell Williams. They were original compositions for this movie, minus the series theme carried over from the first film. The style is a little more R&B-tinged but still geared for an animated children's film, with clean lyrics and the music upbeat almost to a fault.

While generally the pop songs do get excluded whenever a title is added to SST, I notice there's often an exception in the case of animated kids' series, of which this is one. As far as catalog consideration I don't see how this is much different from something like Happy Feet 2 or Frozen... In fact if memory serves, the track "Happy" in particular was nominated for a best song Oscar this year right alongside the one from Frozen (which ultimately won).

* Tracks # 2, 5, 6, & 24 are all novelty tracks with, for lack of a better term, "vocals" performed by the Minions – which if you've seen the movies you'll know are the little yellow Twinkie-looking creatures. They're cute, and these songs can be funny in context, but in the SST stream I'd fear they could grow tiresome in a hurry. (I mean, "Y.M.C.A." sung in off-key gibberish is kinda begging to be an instant queue bomb. LOL) Do check out samples first at the Amazon link in the OP to decide if you would want to hear these played frequently.

Personally, my vote would be yes on both the score and the pop tracks but no to the Minions. (Sorry, little guys!)

At any rate – I'm willing to donate my copy of this if Jeric will approve the title. If he wants it then I'll leave the chopping to him. Wink
USA MojoPin VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4569

MojoPin is offline View user's profile Send private message View MojoPin's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: title submitted to JERIC and approved, already mailed in... so look for it on the next update!

-MJ

P.S. I do not know which tracks will be kept/cut. We'll all get to be surprised together! LOL
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Added
Thank you Mojo!

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: