StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Suspicious Requests
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 39

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:38 pm   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

Gladiator Man,

Over the past few days there have been numerous suspicious-looking requests indicating the probability that either someone or several people with dynamic IP addresses are logging multiple requests into the queue within a space of a couple of minutes.

Right now there are 2 little Mermaid requests back-to-back in the queue, and there were 2 Star Trek requests that played back to back about an hour ago, 4 Exile requests in a row yesterday, 4 Moulin Rogue requests within the space of half an hour yesterday, 2 Goonies requests back-to-back the day before yesterday, and so on and so on and so on and...

Looks like it might be time for some more IP banning, or at the very least, some stern warnings. I wouldn't mind it so much if the queue remained small, but such is no longer the case. I understand the temptation, and I was even guilty of it a couple of times a year or so ago when I first realized you had a website (and the queues were tiny), but once I read through the entire SST webpage and learned what the rules were, I stopped. Looks like the urge may be too great for some to overcome though.

To say the least, I was somewhat annoyed coming back from a meeting to see the queue stack up over the hour I was gone due (at least in part if not entirely) to the "Multiple-Requesters". 1/2 doesn't leave me with a lot of requests during the day, and to watch others circumvent the rules...well, frankly, leaves me ready to see you go Gladitorial on them.

Thanks,
Yvond
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:05 am   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

And the tallies for this morning alone:

(Drum roll please...)

6 "Requiem for a Dream" in a Row
3 "Harry Potter ..." in a Row
2 "Alladin" in a Row
3 "Dinosaur" within a half an hour
2 "Orchestral Game Concert" within 5 minutes
Wolf
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 16

Wolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Wolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 10:46 am   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

You know what?

Maybe we should put back the daily or regular listing of the ones who get banned and why they are banned. Like this it might get people to think twice before doing something stupid and selfish.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 12:43 am   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

Banning dynamic IP addresses is hard enough, even when banning an entire range (you are actually punishing everyone else in that range).

I still think logging in to be able to request is the only viable solution. It will also get rid of the 1/2 reqs/hour limit.

My 2 cents...
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 4:37 am   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

Thank you for bringing the abuse to my attention and please do not hesitate to do so again in the future.

Last night I banned a few subnet's. For now this is the only solution. There's a small chance it may ruin it for a couple of innocent people but at least the request system is available for almost everyone. When I seen the requiem songs in queue, the first thing I thought was turn requests OFF in haste.

I haven't decided on what I want to do yet about making people more aware of the policy.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:06 am   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

quote:

Thank you for bringing the abuse to my attention and please do not hesitate to do so again in the future.

Okay, I will, check the IP-addresses from all the Mark Mancina songs requested today.
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:08 am   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

New additions this morning--all within an hour to an hour and a half:

4 "Last of the Mohicans" in a Row
2 "Star Wars 5 ..." in a Row
3 "Castleviania ..." in a Row
2 "The Saint" in a Row
2 "Blackhawk Down"
8 "Koyaanisqatsi" over 1/2 hour

It seems like someone is being quite flagarant about this...
Slash
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 75

Slash is offline View user's profile Send private message Slash's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 2:49 pm   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

Someone has posted 8 tracks from The Saint in a row. Those should be removed from the queue. Ban all the IP's involved.

slash
GoteeBoy
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5

GoteeBoy is offline View user's profile Send private message GoteeBoy's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 2:52 pm   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

Slash beat me to the punch, but YEAH!
Slash
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 75

Slash is offline View user's profile Send private message Slash's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:37 pm   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

And now there are like 10 Philip Glass songs on the queue... It was either Cocles or Roni (the Saint guy).

slash
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:25 pm   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

Me? Of course you'd blame a woman!
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 12:27 am   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

quote:
And now there are like 10 Philip Glass songs on the queue... It was either Cocles or Roni (the Saint guy)
rofl, you are funny [Big Grin]
Janet
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 285

Janet is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Janet's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:06 am   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

Last night I heard at least half a dozen pieces by Phillip Glass in an hour's time. Someone around here is cheating! Definitely time for some IP banning if we can't play by the rules.
Lieutenant

Member#: 116

esparvel is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website esparvel's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:40 pm   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

What about eight Conan the Barbarian in a row. Unfortunately I can't be around as much as I used to but this morning I came and saw the topic at the same time as I saw the request list. It seems people love to ignore the rules and ruin the fun.
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 3:02 am   Post subject: Suspicious Requests Reply with quote

Looks like weekends are prime times for bending the rules...

2 Unearthed in a Row
2 Aladdin in a Row
2 Music of Candyman in a Row
3 Charlie Brown Christmas in a Row
2 Never Ending Story II in a Row

...all within the past hour. Requests, at the time of this post, are 1/1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: