StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Incompatibility issue between playlist requests and DAP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Zack
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 256

Zack is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Zack's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:10 am   Post subject: Incompatibility issue between playlist requests and DAP Reply with quote

Hey hey, it's me.

I often have Download Accellerator Plus running in the background, mostly because I really dislike like the way Internet Explorer handles downloads. Another of Microsoft's blunders is the fact that the system tray in Windows can get screwed up sometimes. This often makes it hard to bring up the settings for DAP (whose icon appears in the systray) so that I can disable integration with Internet Explorer.

Why is this a concern for StreamingSoundtracks? Well, one of the most common things I use DAP for is downloading mp3s. (Legal ones, darn you!) But when I request a song from SS's playlist, the link to the request page ends in "mp3" and is interpreted by DAP. So DAP thinks I'm downloading a song and brings up a window instead of letting IE display the "request successful" page. This makes it incredibly frustrating, becase I don't know whether my request WAS successful or not, clicking the request twice will obviously not help, and I find it irritating to have to keep refreshing the Queue to wait five or twenty minutes just to see whether my request was accounted for.

Anyway, the whole problem would be completely solved if a little question mark was appended to the request url (i.e., it looked like "mp3?" instead of "mp3"). DAP would not interfere now, and the PHP script would ignore the extra character. I don't know if anybody else has had the above problem before, but I'd really appreciate it if the question mark was added to all of the links in the playlist request section. Thanks =)

--Zack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: