StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Scores "Making Of" in SST

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Do you think this is a good idea?
Yes, and I will be willing to contribute content.
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Yes, but I won'tl be able to contribute content.
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
No, not a good idea.
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 15

X__Alien
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 1513

X__Alien is offline View user's profile Send private message X__Alien's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:35 am   Post subject: Scores "Making Of" in SST Reply with quote

Recently, was added a DVD featurette related with the Artificial Inteligence music, with John Williams talking. If you search in the Requests list, you will find it.
I found this clip very interesting, and now
with the DVD extras, there are a lot of commentaries about the movie scores.

I'm thinking that it be amazing if it was promoted the SST listeners to contribute, sending not only cds, but also commentaries, like that one, but
about any other soundtracks!

The streaming will be even more like a radio, with commentaries once in a while about any composer work!

It's not a substitute to the music, but mainly a complement, to the score lovers.

What do you people think? The webmasters could post a survey in the main page about this subject to know the people's opinion.

Wink

[Edited into a poll by JERIC]
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

With "The Score Station", "Best Movie Soundtracks" & "Radio Rivendel" all gaining their own steady audiences, I see SST more and more as the Soundtrack station for the Elite.

This is the soundtrack station where we don't play the Raiders March every two hours. We do not cater to people who prefer to log on every day at 4:15 and request the exact same song. In fact, we've literally told them to leave.

In fact it's these people who are going to the other stations, and what we have left are a well mixed audience who all share an appreciation for soundtracks as a whole. Not just the songs even our grand-parents can hum.

In other words, what sets SST apart most of all is its enormous playlist, and Jeric's desire for our listeners to explore that playlist in order gain an even deeper respect for the genre.

That being said, I think informative tracks would be good for SST. Especially if they were incredibly infrequent (one or two a day).

Thoughts?
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a good idea. In order to implement it I will need a lot more content. Once we have enough interviews, I can set up a show once a week for 30 minutes or so.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
korkster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am increasingly impressed with the innovation that JERIC et al continue to provide here at SST. As Cocles mentioned, there are many alternatives to SST, but in my estimation, the personalization that is done here is outstanding. The recent announcement of format, that being 80% symphonic soundtrack, 10% songs and 10% game, I think states the direction and focus of this station very well.

That being said, Cocles statement about people logging in and requesting the same things, is not quite as accurate. In fact, the station has suffered from that quite a bit, in my opinion. There are two sides on every issue. If you have a station that has the playlist that SST has, you want to play that list, and expose people to the great variety of music available. However, on the other hand, some people dont want to hear new things, and only want to hear their favorites. It is a very tough line to draw.

The delicate balance comes with what I will call "regulars". Having a playlist of 10,000 cuts (or whatever) does you absolutely no good, if those that are the regular requestors, ask only that their favorites be played constantly. What happens is that you get Darling Nikki, LOTR, Star Wars, and Cocles favorite, the Raiders March played with such frequency, that SST is reduced to some of the lesser offerings to an extent.

I applaud the recent change to 4 day request periods!! I think this will mix things up a little bit. In addition to the aforementioned "informational" tracks, which could be played twice a day, I'd love to see SST reserve a block of time twice a day, one hour apiece, where new CDs added to the playlist can get some block play. We scheduled blacks for The Matrix and LOTR, so why not new CDs too? I think this kind of feature not only would be attractive to those of us that really want to hear new music, but also could be a very strong drawing card for potential sponsors on SST (i.e. revenue streams).

In any case, I reiterate my kudos for JERIC and his folks for continuing to be sensitive to the listeners and accomodating us with new innovations that enhance and broaden our music appreciation.

K.
X__Alien
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 1513

X__Alien is offline View user's profile Send private message X__Alien's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:36 am   Post subject: Or... Reply with quote

I was thinking like putting those commentaries as extra tracks above the track list of the correspondent cd in the requests list. People could queue as any other track.

Of course they could be separated in 4 or 5 minutes segments, to not be too long, and it will pass in any time, like any other track!
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think the listeners would appreciate that. Quantum Leap's interview was absolutely not appreciated. A listener saw that and found it funny to request it from time to time, just to annoy the listeners. Why do you think we hear 'Darling Nikki' all the time? That is not because some person likes is. It is requested to laugh about the people that whine about it in the chat.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Kork, for more on the repetive requesting of Donald Dingus and friends, I recommend this handy thread.

Yeehaw...

Handy Thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: