StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Heated Discussions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry. I shouldn't have drug up the past battle between Yvond and Myself. The thing is that I have stopped flirting with her. I barely chat with anyone around here. And if people didn't have their head so far up their bible they could notice that! Wink

Sorry Yvond. I came here to back up Cocles statement on how you attack people, or should I say generalize them. And I was giving one example when you did it to me, and bear.

F.Y.I. I also have no problem with Yvond. He is a lot of fun. And I have even had a few good talks with him as well… But I do think he pushes his faith. Dude I am glad you have it. But please just keep it too yourself. At least give up on those who don't care for it.

Now you asked me why did I comment on you wife? I believe I said that I would question any woman who would date you let alone marry you. Why did I say that??? Too get a rise out of you because on the chats you criticized my woman for dating me… Just a little mud thrown back at you chief.

Now you wanted to know what sarbear's man would think. Duh? Look Yvond. I don't know him so I won't speak for him. But for the sake of argument I will throw out a hypothetical couple in a hypothetical situation. Because you missed my whole point. Here's the thing. If a man was to get pissed at his women for some silly kids jokingly flirting, well then she has a right to get mad at him because he should know her well enough to know that she wouldn't do nothing. Now if that man new the dopey scrawny kid, I am sure he wouldn't be upset because he knows him. And knows that the kids would never be serious.

Now Yvond please save you breath for next Sunday. Because quite frankly I never should have brought up Sar at all. In fact I am sick of talking about it. I just wanted to clear things up. No hard feelings. Hope you had a great Easter. C-ya! Very Happy
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

As a courtesy to Mr Oby, I have indicated the "Yvond" portion of my post with a prominent "DING DING!" so he may skip ahead. Smile As for the rest of you. Read on!

Oblique (just in case you read this part), any good story or incident becomes all the better when a backstory is given. Shluff off my personal attacks all you want, but they're substantiated whether you like it or not. Anyone else bored enough to read this thread would probably like to know what the real beef is in between us.

Forum threads evolve, amigo. Your definition of "substantive" is a piece of bunk you made up to support your argument. Finally, it's silly for you to be slamming me for personal attacks when yourself have personally attacked me a number of times, including within this very thread. Wink Kind of ironic that Yvond's champion should be doing the exact thing Yvond is supposedly fighting against.

And by the way I never said you were bossy. Wink Nice try though.

Now, DING DING!

If the people on this board were really in danger Yvond would be doing us a service, but they're not. Hell is a belief. The grand canyon is a fact.

Why am I telling Yvond to stop? Because his actions are having the exact opposite effect of what he intends. If your good intentions were doing more harm than good wouldn't you want to know?

If anything, I am the one doing Yvond a service by giving him a heads up.

As for Yvond's first post about attacking the person instead of the issue? I addressed that within my first response. Unfortunately all you felt apt to reply to was the portion where I addressed why I felt _Yvond_ personally making this post was ridiculous, thus making this entire thread, by your personal definition, unsubstantive. Woowoo for you! Very Happy

Personally I think this thread is getting tedious and since most of the regulars in the chat already agree with me I think I'll mosey on over and hang with the Euro's who are a little more fun loving. Smile

Thread finished, let this dead horse rest in peace.
Oblique
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 574

Oblique is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Oblique's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 7:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Cocles.
Let’s see if you can really let this one go.
Can you give someone else the last word?
I bet you can.

I understand why you might have felt that you were being "personally" attacked by my posts. My intent was to discredit your opinion’s and your style of presentation; not you as a person. I made that clear, but I can understand why it might be hard for you to accept that fact.

I anticipated that you would soon tire of the debate. It was time.

I also understand why you must reject my definition of "substantive." Logically, you cannot really challenge what I presented. You must reject the definition or lose the debate. I can live with that.

Even though you do not believe hell to be real (only a belief), Yvond believes that hell is a real place; just like the Grand Canyon. Actually, I do too. Yes I am a guilty of being a Christian. Happy to be guilty of that actually.

I take great umbrage at those who are trying to shut Christians up. It is intolerant. All ideas are worthy of consideration on their merit (Yes - even ideas I don’t agree with). Also, all ideas should be subject to reasonable and thoughtful scrutiny (even Christianity). This requires a debate of the issue presented by the idea. When people present their ideas with dignity, as Yvond has, they should fairly evaluated even if those ideas may ultimately be rejected.

Yvond did not ask me to speak on his behalf. I am not really his defender, but I would be honored to be. He can defend himself quite well. I am not his mouthpiece, but I respect him. I would also be honored if he ever chose to defend me.

I claim total responsibility for what I have posted here. It is true Cocles that I may not have met Yvond’s expectation of civility. However, I did act as civil as my conscience required. In this regard, Yvond may be more mature than I. I can accept that possibility. Even so, I did what I thought was right. At the present time, I make no apologies for my involvement here. I am open to further reflection on this issue.

I wish you well Cocles.

Consider the Horse dead.

Oblique
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Harmless flirting a sin ? *fall on the floor in a faint*
That destroys the entire way of life of at least two nations.

Very Happy
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That must be what all that "depravity of west" I keep hear about is.

For the love of god people. Stop your harmless flirting now or we'll all be killed!
Caray
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Men are men, women are women, and never the twain shall meet ? *start crying*
What a horrible way of life.
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

We as nations can't stop harmlessly flirting, Caray. Otherwise the terrorists win!
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am totally confused now.

Can I flirt with the girls in the board or not? :-/
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do you'll go to hell.
But if you don't the terrorists win.

The choice is yours.
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell is a concept invented by the catholic church in the Dark Ages. It's a 'shock and awe' thing.. To keep the stupid masses obedient...

People who still believe this now are either averagely intelligent, or very fanatically religious.

And IMHO : saying someone is going to go to hell is still an insult, NO MATTER WHAT.

My 2 eurocents! HA!
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

"And IMHO : saying someone is going to go to hell is still an insult, NO MATTER WHAT."

I agree.
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you better go read Matthew 5:11 again so you can keep feeling good about yourself Oby-Dob.

As Caray said on the chat. There's a difference between insulting people and telling them how they should live.
Oblique
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 574

Oblique is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Oblique's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Hello,

What do we have here?
The dead horse got up and ran a mile.
Amazing those dead horses.

Cocles modifies my post by removing its entire content and placing, "I'm Stupid." in its place.

Having lost the debate of ideas, what else could Cocles do? Makes sense to me.

Very funny though. Cruel, but very funny.
I do have a sense of humor.

Glad it was not at someone else's expense. I guess as long as you pick on me you won't be hurting others (there I go protecting others). Although Cocles has not figured it out yet, I am not thin skinned. Mock away.

And ... yes Cocles, although you cannot comprehend it still. I do not reject you as a person. I just reject your fundamental assumptions regarding life and of civility.

I can rip your ideas and still not feel the need to reject you as a person. Hard for you grasp isn't it?

As I said in the post you deleted, I may not have met Yvond's standard of civility, but I have met the standard of civility required by my conscience. That is all that I require. I make no apologies for what I posted above.

As for your mocking posts, thanks for the laugh.

P.S. Caray's comment in your last post above is worthy of real discussion, but I wonder if you will allow it to occur Cocles?

You make an interesting point Caray? What is the difference between insulting people and telling them how to live from your point of view?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oblique wrote:
Cocles modifies my post by removing its entire content and placing, "I'm Stupid." in its place.

roflmao!

He really did that? That Cocles my mate is totally unexceptable. That is abusing your moderator rights. If I was the administrator of this forum I would strip you of those rights without hesistation.

When a moderator edits a post he

1) notifies the readers in that post that he edited the post
2) gives a reason why he/she did that.
3) would never do it for his own benefit. For example to 'win' a discussion
4) really turns me on.

Cocles you are a bad loser. and an apology to Oblique is well deserved IMHO.

If you didn't do that. Please ignore what I just said :-)

My 2 cents

*ModCoc Note: This post was not edited... I swear... really.*
Caray
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

"You make an interesting point Caray? What is the difference between insulting people and telling them how to live from your point of view?"

If I tell you that you are an idiot I am insulting you. If I tell you that I beleive that what you do is sinful and you have to stop, I am telling you how to live.
And I am talking ONLY about the narrow range of rules which in our democracies are considered private life.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: