StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

(Topic Split) Operation: Iraqi Freedom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

And with the current trend of suspects being guilty until proven otherwise...

FYI the ministry of irrigation is the most important... er, sorry.. *was* the most important, because what good do those oil riches do when the desert will render the entire iraqi soil useless? don't forget they need housing for more than 40 million inhabitants or something in that order..

To say it in your terms, Cocmeister: peons are less productive in deserts.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Peons!? SlowMy, what a horrible, elitist thing to say!
zev
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 359

zev is offline View user's profile Send private message zev's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so say this is about oil. Hypothetically. But we still liberated the Iraqis and freed them of Saddams evil rule. Does this still mean we shouldn't have gone in and freed them, just because we might get a little "bonus". So we shouldnt free them from possible death or torture under Saddam?
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that many people think it is all about the oil. But I just have a question.... think about bush really hard.... okay a little harder.... yikes to hard. anyways. If Bush really wanted oil. Why wouldn't they just crack into more of that sweet sweet Alaskan oil. I mean we bought the thing for peanuts, let at least make those peanuts usefull. I personally think if it was about the oil, bush would have gone there, Think about it. I would bet that he would have slapped the epa if they had a problem with it. Anyways thats my thought on oil.

As for this war, and the people that oppose it. well those people are in between IRAQ and a Hard place. Many people protesting the war don't like BUSH. I don't blame them i didn't like clinton. But heres the thing... We did go to war. And now that we did those people may do the nice thing and say I support the troops, i hope it is quick, and not many die. But if they really hope that, then Bush would get high approval ratings, like he did. And they hate bush remember. So these people have to think. did they want iraq to bomb the troops with chem weapons? do they want future terrorist attacks just to prove that they were right? or do they say. okay bush did a good job, and now lets face the fact that he may serve another term. Tough choice for those bush haters out there. Personally i would rather be wrong than have my brothers and sisters die.

I hope in the days to come that Bush and his team, humor the un and let them help more in the rebuild. Because if we do it ourselves we will be slandered for everyone thinking that we are trying to occupy iraq instead of making sure that they get their democratic government in order. If we leave them alone, they may elect another dictator. There have been many dicators elected in the past, such as hitler. So i propose that the U.S. along with the ever so confused U.N. GET TOGETHER. And stop bitching like little school girls in puberty, and stick with Iraq and make sure they don't screw shit up again.

And thats my 3 cents. thankyou and goodnight!
Leggy-san
Oblique
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 574

Oblique is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Oblique's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 12:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The war was not about oil. That is leftist bunk.

The war was not about freeing the Iraqi's either. That is rightist bunk.

The war was this simple.

Bush believed that Saddam, if left in power, was a person that was dangerous to the american people, their intersts and their safety.

To be fair, I believe that those who oppose the war just don't see that threat to be as large as Bush sees it.

The only thing I am certain of is that both sides honestly have their point of view.

As for me, I think that all I can ask of Bush is that he act consistent to what he thinks is right. I respect him for acting consistent with his convictions. Something about a Presidential Oath comes to mind. Hmm... nothing about the U.N. in that oath.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: