StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

How to improve the SST playlist.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Would you like to contribute to a more consistent playlist when requesting?
Yes, I would give it a try to be a better DJ!
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Yes, but I think my requesting is good enough
45%
 45%  [ 9 ]
No way! I request only the things I like for myself
40%
 40%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 20

Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what exact reasons are Luther, but our shrinking community seems to be a fact.

Probably there is more than one reason. Things like Spotify and other on-demand services come to mind. Less activity on our (staff's) side could also be a factor.
And my wild guess is that a huge crash of the website couple of years ago that affected our playlist a lot and resulted in quite long break of service did us more harm than Live365 issue.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

As the SSTEvents ambassadorship and therefore contribution to SST playlist will be ended as of Dec,1st. I want to clarify a few things that occurred as not understood by many considering the amount of discussion it evoked with people it doesn't even concern, before I lay down all activities completely starting June,1st 2017 ( This to complete outstanding contacts and agreements in SST being promotional partner)

I was appalled by the fierce comments by people online and on forum on a subject that didn't even was applicable to them or on a subject where they clearly didn't know about the facts, mainly about the technical and promotional aspects that come along with my agreement with Jeric to take a look into possibilities to turn the tide of declining listener numbers. Hereto I started a paid promotion campaign in Asia and the Australian area to attract new members especially in the time/area gap between USA night and European morning. Those are hours mostly covered by SAM that has not the desired diversity in categories necessary to attract a new audience or prolong listener's attention span. Therefore I introduced the Music Schedule Clock which can be a tool to create the environment/playlist that will add to the cause.
Let me again repeat what it was for and for whom it matters:

The MSC is a guiding tool for the people who are able to fight SAM in the edges of hours as indicated. Those members have full freedom of doing so or not, the MSC is in NO WAY a rule or obligatory requesting order.
So all that stands above is to provide info for the people willing to put some effort in their requesting to make the playlist more diverse.
THIS IS ABOUT DIVERSITY IN CATEGORIES!!!
So stop wining about me telling people if their request is good or bad, that's not the case here:
When on early mornings I demonstrate such a full MSC with a walkthrough guidance and comments and people ask about it on chat then I will explain why according to the schedule a request that comes in between is not fitting the MSC. Still, that is about what category it is in and NOT the request itself as content.

Furthermore, as I'm making my train accordingly, I also demonstrate that with the knowledge given to me a second aspect of the MSC can provide smooth transitions enhancing the listening experience of people both off- and online. I didn't work this out as it would require some knowledge of the scores and a little enthusiasm of the members online. Which according to all the backlash it got was not the case. AGAIN: If other requests will come in-between I will point out the difference during demonstrating this to people who are willing or capable of hearing the difference. IN NO WAY THIS MEANS A JUDGEMENT OF THE REQUEST ITSELF.

I repeated this several times during the discussions but either the people it concerns can't or won't accept the position I take in this
(they can be glad, Dec,1st it will be over anyhow)
I then often get the remark that if I want to hear the music the way I like it I should go elsewhere (or a moderator starts putting in really awful music on purpose Exclamation )
This indicates for me that those people really don't get the purpose of all said above nor the idea of the MSC.
Furthermore, when I didn't like the playlist I already went elsewhere to listen, just as many more members did and still do as it turns out when asking people about it.
So really, I personally don't give a sh*t what you want to request for yourself. My concerns and objectives where always for the benefit of the people that are listening to a soundtrack radio station and to make that experience as pleasant as possible and regarding reactions on my playlists that was the case.
With the MSC at hand anyone fighting SAM or with the ability to request multiple times can do the same WITH THEIR OWN FAVORITE REQUESTS.
If people don't like their choice they will go away anyhow.
Like me.

So I'll be glad to discuss my intentions or the MSC but only with the people who care about the SST overall quality as much as I do.

take a look at my collection: My album list
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: