StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

"Friday The 13th" tracks
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic 

What should we do?
Remove the album completely
32%
 32%  [ 15 ]
Remove tracks from the album
19%
 19%  [ 9 ]
Leave it as it is
36%
 36%  [ 17 ]
Other (you can specify in your post)
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 46

Canada Macmee
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 30903

Macmee is offline View user's profile Send private message View Macmee's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:58 pm   Post subject: "Friday The 13th" tracks Reply with quote

The album "Friday The 13th" does not contain actual songs. It's some guy going "che che che kah kah kah" over and over. This is the ONLY album resist_all requests and he's been requesting it for years. He requests the first song in the album, then the second and works his way down. None of it is real music. I would love to talk to him to ask why, but I feel like he's trolling us all or is just a bot.

This user does not request songs from any other albums and has been requesting tracks from friday 13th for (literally) years (as some other long time listeners probably already know). I'm really sure he's a bot.

Can an admin take a look at his previous request history? I promise you'll just see the same non-song album being requested in the same exact order going back years.

Can we ban this guy from requesting and please get rid of friday the 13th from our library? I don't mind listening to songs I dislike here like "Cell Block Tango" or fiddler on the roof, but friday13th is too far -- its not real music!!

Edit by Cal: Changed the title
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Macmee!
Thank you for your input.
I agree that this particular music can be very annoying when requested a lot.

I don't think there is a reason to ban Resist_All as requesting from the same album again and again does not break our rules.

But I think we should discuss what to do with "Friday The 13th" album by Manfredini. Maybe we should remove it completely from our playlist or maybe harsh limiting of number of tracks available from this album would be enough. Maybe people have also some other ideas.

I edited your post, Macmee, to add a poll to your suggestion. I hope our members will cast their votes.
Cast my vote already.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA AveD
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 24386

AveD is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View AveD's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't like to see a precedent set on removing entire albums from the library. I use the mute button if necessary.

Last edited by AveD on Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
USSR katgdotcom
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 20562

katgdotcom is offline View user's profile Send private message View katgdotcom's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:02 pm   Post subject: Forbidden Zone should go :) Reply with quote

Another idea is to temporarily remove the album for three months and see what the user(s) who request off that album say

Along the same topic of albums that should go away (forever or at least for a while as a test case).....

Forbidden Zone album should go

http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Album&asin=B0000014RL
Canada Macmee
Ensign
Ensign

Macmee is offline View user's profile Send private message View Macmee's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:21 pm   Post subject: Re: Forbidden Zone should go :) Reply with quote

katgdotcom wrote:
Another idea is to temporarily remove the album for three months and see what the user(s) who request off that album say

Along the same topic of albums that should go away (forever or at least for a while as a test case).....

Forbidden Zone album should go

http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Album&asin=B0000014RL

hahaha there was a really weird song from that album that played earlier today which is why I'm guessing you've mentioned it. But (to my knowledge anyway) I don't think we have the same problem with repeated (bot like) requests for that particular album (but wow it's certainly a weird one!!).

I like your idea to temporarily remove the friday13th album. Maybe we could even leave a (subtle) note on the request a song page asking this user to contact us. If he doesn't then we know he's a bot. If he's real then he'll see the note and reply.

edit: can we atleast remove the 11 minute song from the friday13th album? Brutal.
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:55 pm   Post subject: Friday 13th Reply with quote

Thank you for asking what we think.
I hate it!
Ok done!!!
NOTTTT!

More often than not there are tracks that are good and some that are rotten when we get a new album. This series has no tracks that are smooth and enjoyable. If a listener adores an album so much, go over to You Tube and listen to it none stop. This works I know.
No the listener does not need to be banned. He does request other things now and then.

Is there another station it would be to live ?

All and all it needs to go. It is just not pleasant.

Cinder
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:24 pm   Post subject: Re: Friday 13th Reply with quote

The stream just lost 25 users as the 11 minute friday13th song played and it's been around 30 min and the stats have remained low. The whole score is bad but the 11 minute song is a knock-out-blow.

I would bet money on funny business here. He has an ulterior motive for sure because routinely requesting each song (including the 20 second songs) systematically like this, for an album that nobody here even wants to defend just screams bot to me. Usually if I say "I HATE cell block tango" I get some nodding heads but there's atleast one or two people who defend it. But this isn't a case of 1 bad song. It's a bad album and there's a machine like pattern to the requests for every song in it all from just one user.

Even if *somehow* this user isn't just trolling us all or botting then he's still abusing our request system by repeatedly requesting ALL THE SONGS from the same album over and over (for years on end, literally years). In general can you find me a score/album where it's appropriate to request EVERY SINGLE SONG in it? It's just icing on the cake that the album in question is total garbage as verifiable by the opinion of every user here *and* IMDB where it has a 5/10 (not that they're the golden standard of rating things but still, it's a bad score).

The poll suggests that we axe the bad tracks/albums altogether but if (for some reason) we don't want to move forward with that then maybe we should have a system where: if(you request the same artist too frequently) then (you have to request 10 other artists before requesting that first artist again) and that way when this guy is hammering out requests for this (crappy?) artist he will get rate limited, our ears will rejoice and the stream will stop losing listeners each time this album into play. Maybe there could be a VIP feature that lifts this restriction too as an incentive to support the stream Smile
USA Bruiser VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 3050

Bruiser is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Bruiser's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to play devil's advocate here. If we start removing albums because we don't like what people request, where does it stop?

And who decides what's "real" music? I happen to enjoy quite a bit of the ambient stuff on SST. F13 doesn't really bother me. It's nowhere near as bad as Dewey or some of the midi FF music.

People request a ton of stuff I don't like. That's what the mute button is for. Personally, I shut my player off completely for Disney nights--there are maybe two songs I enjoy from the whole catalog, and I am not a Disney fan. Nevertheless, I recognize peoples' right to request what they like. I'm a grown adult who is capable of choosing my own albums to listen to when Disney takes over.

And if you've been here for a while, as I have, you also notice that everybody tend to request the same stuff over and over and over again. For example, there are other tracks on Starship Troopers, but everybody picks Klendathu Drop, repeatedly. Not too long ago, people in the day crew attacked maddy for picking Bugs Bunny tracks. It went on and on and on until I wanted to slap somebody.

It's just a few minutes, people. Just hit mute and move the hell on with your lives. Or, if you don't like it, REQUEST. I don't see the people who are complaining making queues!

I'd hate to see this become the kind of site where people pick at everybody all the time. If you think Resist_All may be a bot, notify the admins and let them figure it out. It should be easy enough for them to check. But we shouldn't harass others in chat over what they pick. That would ruin SST. If it gets out of hand, we might even lose the chat over it, or the site altogether.
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruiser wrote:
I'm going to play devil's advocate here. If we start removing albums because we don't like what people request, where does it stop?

And who decides what's "real" music? I happen to enjoy quite a bit of the ambient stuff on SST. F13 doesn't really bother me. It's nowhere near as bad as Dewey or some of the midi FF music.

People request a ton of stuff I don't like. That's what the mute button is for. Personally, I shut my player off completely for Disney nights--there are maybe two songs I enjoy from the whole catalog, and I am not a Disney fan. Nevertheless, I recognize peoples' right to request what they like. I'm a grown adult who is capable of choosing my own albums to listen to when Disney takes over.

And if you've been here for a while, as I have, you also notice that everybody tend to request the same stuff over and over and over again. For example, there are other tracks on Starship Troopers, but everybody picks Klendathu Drop, repeatedly. Not too long ago, people in the day crew attacked maddy for picking Bugs Bunny tracks. It went on and on and on until I wanted to slap somebody.

It's just a few minutes, people. Just hit mute and move the hell on with your lives. Or, if you don't like it, REQUEST. I don't see the people who are complaining making queues!

I'd hate to see this become the kind of site where people pick at everybody all the time. If you think Resist_All may be a bot, notify the admins and let them figure it out. It should be easy enough for them to check. But we shouldn't harass others in chat over what they pick. That would ruin SST. If it gets out of hand, we might even lose the chat over it, or the site altogether.

Folks tend to request the same songs from the same album over and over, right. So don't you think it's weird how this gentlemen requests every song (even the 20 second songs) from one album and has done this for years without losing interest?

I don't think we have to worry about losing the site, or a slippery slope, if we remove an album that's being abused. On the contrary the listener base would (statistically) increase because we always lose listeners when this album comes on.
Canada Macmee
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah and look at this

http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Album&asin=B006XFEMM8

there's around 140 songs in this listing

each song has been requested EXACTLY 24 or 25 times

this guy is LITERALLY GOING DOWN THE LIST requesting item after item after item.

So I think this is either evidence of a bot or somebody who has transversed a list of 140 songs (in order) and requested each one 25 times. That means he kept looping over the same list and 3500 times followed the pattern. Maybe I'm unimaginative but I can't wrap my head around a non-bot requesting the same album 3500 times Very Happy
Germany DieTeeFee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 36042

DieTeeFee is offline View user's profile Send private message View DieTeeFee's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually... with some albums i just go down the list as well...

i really don't see what the big deal is. It is one or maybe two tracks from that album that you hear every day. they are short, they are usually not very invasive. I think we should not delete albums, just because people don't like it.

Oh and by the way... i distinctly remember resist having VIP status some time ago, and he also requested stuff from other albums... It was all horror music, and i don't particulary care for that kind of ambient sound, but if there is some guy in mexico that enjoys it, and has the dedication to request it every day i think we should just let him do as he pleases.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

We are not going to remove an album because someone likes to request from it.

There are two ways to look at this:

1) He likes the album very much, why do we want to stop listening to something he loves?

2) He is doing it to get reactions from the community. Which you are doing with this thread. If we would remove the album he would find another one.

So if you like it or not. This album stays. Resist_All is not breaking any rules.
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance for removing some of the tracks from the album? Or at least for breaking that 11 min. piece into smaller parts?

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... confession time:

I kinda like the Friday the 13th stuff. Embarassed

There are plenty of tracks on SST that I would be overjoyed to never hear again, but if we go ahead and remove everything that's not hugely popular we'll end with nothing but Star Wars and LOTR 24/7.

As for the breaking of a long(ish) track into smaller pieces... I really, really hate that.
I'm still vaguely upset about my beloved Man of Steel 20+ minutes track having been carved up into chunks. Evil or Very Mad
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
We are not going to remove an album because someone likes to request from it.

There are two ways to look at this:

1) He likes the album very much, why do we want to stop listening to something he loves?

2) He is doing it to get reactions from the community. Which you are doing with this thread. If we would remove the album he would find another one.

So if you like it or not. This album stays. Resist_All is not breaking any rules.

can we atleast cut up the 11 minute song then?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: