StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The Marvel symphonic universe and 'temp scores'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Poland Albi VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5692

Albi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Albi's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:06 pm   Post subject: The Marvel symphonic universe and 'temp scores' Reply with quote

The great Youtube channel Every frame a painting has recently released an interesting episode dedicated to the Marvel symphonic universe. I thought it might be interesting for people to have a look, you can watch it at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vfqkvwW2fs

There is also complimentary video that tries to identify and make a point of how temp scores (as mentioned in the Marvel episode) have an effect the final score, which you can see here: https://www.youtube.com-/watch?v=IEfQ_9DIItI There is also a twitter account with even more examples of this phenomenon: https://twitter.com/SoundsLikeTemp

Enjoy Smile
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Albi. I posted this video earlier in another thread. It's a great vid.
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 33081

SSTEvents is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SSTEvents's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

On Facebook these have started a large discussion with people from the industry.
They merely repeat the objections I have made before about the quality of scores released and updated to SST.
It hurts to see that it effects the stream as well since fewer people tend to request, which are mostly from that category.
That's why we are looking into a way to cater for the people who don't feel at home on SST anymore with more quality played on a separate channel.

https://www.facebook.com/panagathos/posts/10155378346381164

Last edited by SSTEvents on Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the beauty of SST. If a soundtrack is not good, it is not requested anymore after the NUT/RAT phase. I listen to the stream every day hours on end and I enjoy the vast majority of the requests that people are making. To me most of the tracks are of high quality and I enjoy them very much.
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
That is the beauty of SST. If a soundtrack is not good, it is not requested anymore after the NUT/RAT phase. I listen to the stream every day hours on end and I enjoy the vast majority of the requests that people are making. To me most of the tracks are of high quality and I enjoy them very much.

I strongly agree with Cal. I have the SST stream playing at work nearly non-stop throughout the day, and the quality is overall very high, especially given the vast library of scores in SST's collection. A huge compliment to the 24seven.fm and SST crew!

Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: