StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

PR: Ryuichi Sakamoto - Music For Film

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
cinemediapromo
Captain
Captain

Member#: 20035

cinemediapromo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail cinemediapromo's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:21 am   Post subject: PR: Ryuichi Sakamoto - Music For Film Reply with quote

SILVA SCREEN RECORDS AND FILM FEST GENT PRESENT RYUICHI SAKAMOTO - MUSIC FOR FILM

The first ever overview of Sakamoto's film work approved by the artist. Performed by the Brussels Philharmonic and conducted by Dirk Brosse.

Supported by the Film Fest Gent’s World Soundtrack Awards, Ryuichi Sakamoto Music For Film is the third release from the series and second on Silva Screen Records. Each year an eminent film music composer is invited to present their work during the annual World Soundtrack Awards Ceremony & Concert closing event. As part of the celebrations, Film Fest Gent and partner Brussels Philharmonic record a CD of their music in advance of the concert. This year’s guest of honour is Ryuichi Sakamoto, at the end of October he will be the recipient of the festival’s Lifetime Achievement Award.

As composer, performer, producer, and environmentalist, few artists have as diverse a résumé and fan base as that of Ryuichi Sakamoto. Sakamoto's work has spanned vast musical territories, from pioneering electronic music as a member of Yellow Magic Orchestra to crafting globally inspired rock albums, classical compositions, a stretch of minimal/ambient music collaborations, and over thirty film scores. His work has been recognized with accolades including an Academy Award, two Golden Globes, a Grammy, the Order of the Cavaleiro Admissão from the government of Brazil, and the coveted Ordre des Arts et des Lettres from the government of France.

Throughout his artistic career, Sakamoto has collaborated with David Bowie, David Sylvian, dramatist Robert Wilson, author William S Burroughs, His Holiness The Dalai Lama and more recently with electronic artists Alva Noto, Christian Fennesz, Christopher Willits, and Taylor Deupree. Sakamoto also wrote music for the 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona and the 400th anniversary of the city of Mannheim, Germany and his stirring film opus includes Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence, Bertolucci’s The Last Emperor, Little Budha and The Sheltering Sky, Almodóvar’s High Heels, Brian De Palma’s Snake Eyes and Femme fatale, Iñárritu’s Babel and The Revenant.

Tracklisting:
• Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence Main Theme (From "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence")
• Endroll (From "The LastEmperor")
• Rain (From "The LastEmperor")
• The Sheltering Sky Main Theme (From "The ShelteringSky")
• High Heels Main Theme (From "HighHeels")
• Wild Palms Main Theme (From "WildPalms")
• Acceptance (From "LittleBuddha")
• Snake Eyes Main Theme (long version) (From "SnakeEyes")
• Bolerisch (From "FemmeFatale")
• Bibo No Aozora (From"Babel")
• Small Hope (From "Hara-Kiri(Ichimei)")
• Yae No Sakura Opening Theme (From "Yae NoSakura")
• The Revenant Main Theme (From "TheRevenant”)

CD: SILCD1524
Digital album: SILED1524 US Release date: November 18, 2016

# # #

For more information contact krakowergroup[at]gmail.com, or @KrakowerGroup on Twitter
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is online now View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting!

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Poland SSTEvents
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 33081

SSTEvents is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SSTEvents's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Not interesting for SST though, only 3 titles for upload.
The rest we already have in our database.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

These are ochestra recordings, I assume these versions can be different than the original (more synthesizer focused) ones.
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is online now View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100% SSTEvents. Only 3 tracks for possible upload for SST. I even had checked it before I posted my first post in this thread Smile

My remark was more from my private point of view (I should have stated it, sorry). I'm not as big fan of Ryuichi's music as to buy most of his albums, but I think having a compilation of his music would be very nice.

And so far I've had pretty good experience with these albums (I mean the ones supported by the Film Fest Gent’s World Soundtrack Awards). I have a few of them already.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: