StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Chicago MidweSST Meetup April 25 - 29th 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Concerts and meetings
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Should we have an SST Meetup event to see John Williams live in Chicago April 26-29, 2018
Yes, most definitely!
45%
 45%  [ 10 ]
Maybe, if I can make it.
45%
 45%  [ 10 ]
No, it would be too difficult to make it.
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

USA Morg VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 57

Morg is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Morg's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I currently have 10 rooms reserved for the meetup. Each room has 2 beds, and has a maximum occupancy of 4 people to a room.

I have the rooms reserved for Friday, April 27, 2018 through Monday, April 30th, 2018. The cost for each room, after taxes and fees is $513.04 (this is the cost for the duration of the meetup).

The hotel is the Inn of Chicago, located at 162 East Ohio Street, Chicago, IL, which is about 1.3 miles away from Chicago Symphony Center via the CTA Red Line (train).

I do realize that we may need more or less rooms, depending on how many people are willing to "bunk up" or if people want their own room.

I have emailed the property to arrange to have a group code assigned to the booking so that people can pay for their rooms individually if they wish, and I will let you know as soon as that is set up, probably within the next week or so.

I have cancelled the previous booking I had made, as I was able to find a closer hotel that is more accessible via public transit, and was more affordable than the previous booking.

I will continue to keep you all posted as things continue to develop.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 2563

Gert is offline View user's profile Send private message View Gert's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Morg wrote:
So we hopefully still have your interest? Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Smile Laughing

I've always been interested; I was the main one plotting with you the first night! If I knew I had the means, I'd book in a second.
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gert wrote:
..... I think I would have appreciated a little more before-hand socialization with the rest of the group otherwise.

I agree that this is as much (if not more) for me about meeting SSTers as it is about the concert.

Just remember some of us are Hermits .... we don't always do socialization well Wink
USA Gert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonel wrote:
Gert wrote:
..... I think I would have appreciated a little more before-hand socialization with the rest of the group otherwise.

I agree that this is as much (if not more) for me about meeting SSTers as it is about the concert.

Just remember some of us are Hermits .... we don't always do socialization well Wink

I'd venture to say most of us eschew social interaction to varying degrees. In fact until recently, I was bringing in gold medals for the U.S.A. in the Awkward Olympics, until they told me I couldn't compete anymore because I am now considered professional.

Ahem, anyway, yes, this is mainly about meeting people in person who we mostly only know via internet. Otherwise, why not just go to the concert on your own? If you ever feel like you're making a fool of yourself, and I'm there, just take a look to the corner I'm in/person I'm ducking behind to avoid pictures and be reassured. Laughing

Morg wrote:
Personally, I envision this as not super formal, but more laid back and fluid and organic. I would love to obviously go to at least one of the performances as a group, but aside from that, however it turns out organically, would be wonderful. But that is my personal preferred style.

Others may want something more structured and scheduled, following a stricter itinerary. While I don't have a problem with this myself, I have generally found this method to add a lot more stress, and a lot less enjoyment.

Was skimming through the entire thread again and reread this. In high school marching band, we had charts that told us where we had to be when. E.g.: be here at measure 52, etc. The conductor didn't care much HOW we got there, just that we did.

So in this case as a group, "Hang out at Restaurant at 3pm-6pm." "Be at venue at 6:30pm Saturday for concert." "Optional hangout at XYZ's hotel suite afterward until whenever." "Bail certain attendees out of the drunk tank at 4am." You know, organic with some structure.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gert wrote:
If you ever feel like you're making a fool of yourself, and I'm there, just take a look to the corner I'm in/person I'm ducking behind to avoid pictures and be reassured. Laughing

Envisions doing the Hermit Dance with Gert ..... I hide behind you .... then someone approaches so you try & move behind me ... then there's some noise so I slip behind you ..............................repeat all evening Wink
USA Gert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonel wrote:
Envisions doing the Hermit Dance with Gert ..... I hide behind you .... then someone approaches so you try & move behind me ... then there's some noise so I slip behind you ..............................repeat all evening Wink

That sounds like the world's saddest square dance, except there's three people. But the third person may or may not be aware they're involved.

I propose we bring paper bags with eyeholes.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gert wrote:
I propose we bring paper bags with eyeholes.

Hard to find one large enough to cover a dragon like myself Smile
USA Gert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonel wrote:
Hard to find one large enough to cover a dragon like myself Smile

Better idea: we bring camouflage-print capes that we can flip over front for pictures. It's totally the same as turning invisible.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Morg is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Morg's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all,

So here is the latest update regarding tickets for the concert.

Due to the overwhelming popularity of this concert series, it is a sold out subscription, and we are only able to get tickets for April 26th at 8pm, which is a Thursday.

They are currently holding 20 tickets for us, on the main floor. Tickets are $145 per ticket. There is a $437.25 deposit due on or before September 10, 2017 in order for the tickets to continue being held. Once the deposit is paid, we are required by the contract to purchase 16 tickets.

I realize that with this being a Thursday performance, some of you may have to work. I wish there was something I could do to where we could have a weekend concert as originally planned.

Pete: As to where on the main floor we would be, I do not have that information available at this time.

Please feel free to discuss this, and let's see how we want to move forward.
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 31259

Bryophyte is offline View user's profile Send private message View Bryophyte's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:57 pm   Post subject: Can't make it :( Reply with quote

Hey all,
I'm sorry, I have to pull out - not a financial thing, more of a time thing, mostly due to the nature of my work - I'm always on contract and there are never any vacation days built into the contracts. My work situation for April is uncertain, but if I'm somewhere new, chances of vacation days to use are even smaller.
I hope for another chance to meet people in the future!
Bryo
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:42 am   Post subject: Re: Can't make it :( Reply with quote

Bryophyte wrote:
Hey all,
I'm sorry, I have to pull out - not a financial thing, more of a time thing, mostly due to the nature of my work - I'm always on contract and there are never any vacation days built into the contracts. My work situation for April is uncertain, but if I'm somewhere new, chances of vacation days to use are even smaller.
I hope for another chance to meet people in the future!
Bryo

Totally understandable Bryo.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Not such a bad thing, actually. Airfare is a little cheaper on Wednesdays, as it would make sense to get in then, do some hanging out then hit the concert Thursday. Fridays are enough like the weekend that it will still be fun to hang out some more, not sure if travel is cheaper. Pretty sure Saturdays are a little cheaper to travel as well.

So that would be a nice venture, whether two or three days.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

So, I am afraid I have bad news. As it stands right now, I do not have enough funds to cover the deposit for the tickets. I had some unexpected financial issues while I was on my vacation as some of you know, so the purse strings are currently strangled.

To continue holding your seats, a deposit of $437.25 is due on or before 10 September. Once the non-refundable deposit is paid, we are contracted to purchase 16 tickets, which is 80% of our original ticket total.

I want to be able to do this, but I just can't pull it off by myself.

Any suggestions?
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ready to PayPal you money to keep my seat Morg

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

molossus wrote:
I'm ready to PayPal you money to keep my seat Morg

Hey molossus:

Tickets are $145 per person. If you want to PayPal it over, you can send it to webmaster@scorereviews.net on PayPal.

If anyone else wants to PayPal their ticket cost, please send it to the above email address. I will keep a record of who has sent what in, and in the event that we do not have enough tickets sold, I will refund all money to everyone.

I can cover about $200 of the deposit myself this week when I get paid on Friday. If there is anyone else able to assist with the deposit, please don't hesitate to hit me up either via PM or email. Please have any PayPal payments towards the deposit sent on or before September 9th.

Thanks for listening!

Last edited by Morg on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Concerts and meetings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: