StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Chicago MidweSST Meetup April 25 - 29th 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Concerts and meetings
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Should we have an SST Meetup event to see John Williams live in Chicago April 26-29, 2018
Yes, most definitely!
45%
 45%  [ 10 ]
Maybe, if I can make it.
45%
 45%  [ 10 ]
No, it would be too difficult to make it.
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

USA Morg VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 57

Morg is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Morg's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone!

I was just wanting to remind you that the deadline for tickets to the John Williams concert for the Chicago MidWeSST Meetup is coming up soon. I am just reaching out to folks who expressed an interest in attending to check on their status.

If you are still interested in attending, tickets are $145, and I am asking that folks pay via PayPal to webmaster@scorereviews.net before February 24, which is when final payment for the concert tickets is due.

Please let me know if you are still interested. There are still 13 tickets available!

Thanks in advance!

MORE INFORMATION:

Legendary composer John Williams returns to the Orchestra Hall podium to conduct the incomparable CSO in some of his most beloved and unforgettable works. Sharing the podium with longtime CSO at the Movies guest conductor, Richard Kaufman, John Williams has crafted a thrilling concert that will feature music from E.T., Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Lincoln, and more.

Interested in experiencing more? Join us for a pre- and post-concert soirée in celebration of the legendary composer John Williams. Before and after the concert, a red carpet party awaits you in Grainger Ballroom. This special fundraising event includes concert tickets and much more!
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 10794

jbarta is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View jbarta's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I get for lurking on the mobile and not being in chat/the forums enough.

Working on getting this firmed up, but this is a definite "maybe" for us. So 2 more tickets may be claimed, working on details.

Can you edit the first post or something to summarize what we know so far?

Or are we planning to plan they rest once we know who all is going?

I filled out the google form, so you should have my email address.
Admiral (Administrator)

Morg is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Morg's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

jbarta wrote:
This is what I get for lurking on the mobile and not being in chat/the forums enough.

Working on getting this firmed up, but this is a definite "maybe" for us. So 2 more tickets may be claimed, working on details.

Can you edit the first post or something to summarize what we know so far?

Or are we planning to plan they rest once we know who all is going?

I filled out the google form, so you should have my email address.

To be honest, it depends on how many tickets we get confirmed for. So far, 5 people have paid for their tickets, and we need to have 16 for the group pricing. I am trying to find out how much the tickets will be if we are not able to meet the required 16.

I will put you and your +1 on the list as maybe's. Also, the concert itself is on April 26th. I noticed you put down for the 27th and 28th. Did you want to change so you could make the concert if it happens?
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 10794

jbarta is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View jbarta's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the assumption was that we would do the weekend concert... but that is sold out, so we will make Thursday work. I had not gotten that far into the thread when I sent it in Wink
Cadet 4

Member#: 46015

FairyKitty is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View FairyKitty's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you will all have fun ya'll! I hope I can make next meeting, because it be a good opportunity for me to visit USA as I always wanted to visit there! ((Europe person lol))
When you gotta let it out
You call me and I come a-running
I turn the music on; I bring the fun in
Now, we're partying
That's what it's all about
Oglala Istagi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 6652

Istagi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Istagi's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok just sent in the paypal for my ticket. I sent it from my account so it may take a few days. Now to Southwest to book my airfare.

See everyone in Chicago!!!!!!!!!!
Lieutenant

Member#: 2563

Gert is offline View user's profile Send private message View Gert's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

FairyKitty- Barring some upstart renegade who wants to make another concert into some kind of meeting before the Hollywood Bowl concert, Labor Day 2018 would be your best bet for the next U.S. gathering.

Someday I'll get to go, too. Smile
Oglala Istagi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 6652

Istagi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Istagi's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hollywood Bowl concert meetups are AMAZING! I have gone to two of them.
Admiral (Administrator)

Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone!

Here we are, getting down to the wire with only 17 days remaining to get your ticket for the John Williams concert.

Here is the current breakdown of where we stand:

Confirmed Tickets
Morg
Molossus
Arya
Istagi
Albi
SiriusCreations

Pending Tickets
PeteC
Jeric
BuyerQueen
Maddog +1
jbarta +1

This leaves 7 guaranteed tickets up for grabs. Please shoot me a private message or send me an email at webmaster@scorereviews.net to either confirm a ticket or to let me know that you have sent payment in for a ticket or both.

Looking forward to Chicago!
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to let everyone know that t-shirts for the meetup are currently in the process of being designed. A special thanks goes out to Ola, who, even though she will not be joining us, is taking time out of her life to do the shirt design.

If you would like a t-shirt for the meetup, please respond with your shirt size. I will be placing the order the beginning of March, and they will be available for pickup in Chicago, or, if there is enough time, I can ship it to you before the meetup.

The t-shirts are $15 USD each, however, instead of paying me for them, I ask that anyone who wants one, let me know, with your size and how many, and then donate the cost to SST.

Of course, you are welcome to pay me for the shirt as well, just know that it would wind up going back to SST either way Smile
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Minor update regarding the hotel rooms folks:

I have cancelled my original booking with Chicago Lake Shore Hotel because the dates of the meetup changed, and the online booking was not allowing me to make any changes.

We still have 10 rooms reserved at Chicago Lake Shore Hotel, however, instead of 10 rooms with double queen beds running $634 per room, they are rooms with a single king bed, with the option of a roll away bed to be added to the room, for the low price of $436.16 for the duration of the trip.

Still trying to figure out who all will need hotel accommodations, so please let me know asap!

-Morg
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Morg wrote:
Minor update regarding the hotel rooms folks:

I have cancelled my original booking with Chicago Lake Shore Hotel because the dates of the meetup changed, and the online booking was not allowing me to make any changes.

We still have 10 rooms reserved at Chicago Lake Shore Hotel, however, instead of 10 rooms with double queen beds running $634 per room, they are rooms with a single king bed, with the option of a roll away bed to be added to the room, for the low price of $436.16 for the duration of the trip.

Still trying to figure out who all will need hotel accommodations, so please let me know asap!

-Morg

Glad you said something - I was still thinking we were staying at the Inn of Chicago .....

Thanks for all your organizing. Hopefully I'll be able to finalize my plans soon.
Admiral (Administrator)

Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:12 am   Post subject: UPDATE: Chicago MidWeSST Meetup - FINAL WEEK TO GET TICKETS Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know that this is the last week that tickets to see John Williams Returns at the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. There are still 10 tickets available if anyone wants one.

I am still waiting for the specifics for the program of the night, however, here is what I have gleaned from the CSO web site for the concert:

Quote:
Legendary composer John Williams returns to the Orchestra Hall podium to conduct the incomparable CSO in some of his most beloved and unforgettable works. Sharing the podium with longtime CSO at the Movies guest conductor, Richard Kaufman, John Williams has crafted a thrilling concert that will feature music from E.T., Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Lincoln, and more.

In addition to the concert, there is also a Pre-Show conversation with conductor Richard Kauffman. From the CSO website:

Quote:
Richard Kaufman has devoted much of his musical life to conducting and supervising music for film and television productions, as well as performing film and classical music in concert halls and on recordings. The 2015-16 concert season marks Kaufman’s 25th season as Principal Pops Conductor of Pacific Symphony. He also holds the permanent title of Pops Conductor Laureate with the Dallas Symphony, and is in his tenth season with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra concert series, “CSO at the Movies.” This past May, Kaufman made his conducting debut with the Boston Pops, stepping in on short notice for John Williams.

For those needing hotel information, we will be staying at the Chicago Lake Shore Hotel, located at 4900 S. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60615

Directions to the Hotel

Quote:
From Eisenhower Expressway (I-290)

Take I-290 east to Congress Parkway. Continue east to Columbus Drive. Turn right (south) at Columbus and continue south until Columbus Drive merges with Lake Shore Drive south. Continue south on Lake Shore Drive until Hyde Park exit. Take a quick right at end of exit and go north to front doors of the Chicago Lake Shore Hotel.

From Dan Ryan Expressway (I-94)

From I-94 north or south, take local lanes and exit at 51st Street. Take 51st (also called Hyde Park Blvd) east all the way to the end (the entire street turns left). Precede north to front doors of the Chicago Lake Shore Hotel.

From Chicago O’Hare Airport

Take I-90 east to I-55 north – stay to the right and exit Lake Shore Drive south. Exit Lake Shore Drive at Hyde Park and take a quick right at the end of the exit. Go north to front door of the Chicago Lake Shore Hotel.

From Chicago Midway Airport

Take Cicero Avenue north to I-55 north. Exit I-55 at Lake Shore Drive south, go south on Lake Shore Drive to Hyde Park exit. Take a quick right at end of exit and go north to front doors of the Chicago Lake Shore Hotel.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to email me at webmaster@scorereviews.net. My contact number while we are in Chicago will be +1.510.854.6265, and this is my mobile.

My flight is scheduled to arrive in Chicago at 11:25am CST and should be at the hotel by the time most of you begin arriving.

See you in Chicago everyone!

-Morg
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!

It's official. Tickets are bought for the concert, and have been emailed to those who have confirmed.

So, we have myself, Dragonel, Albi, Molossus, SiriusCreations, Arya, and Istagi who are confirmed for the concert.

As the meetup is until April 29th, I know there is a possibility that we could have some others join us who are able to make the meetup but not the concert.

I thought it would be nice if we went and got some nourishment of sorts before the concert, so I took the liberty of making a reservation at Russian Tea Time around the corner from Symphony Center for their afternoon tea service. You can check out the menu at http://russianteatime.com/afternoon-tea-service/

Again, I look forward to finally meeting some of my favorite people on SST, some of whom I have known since the beginning of SST time Very Happy

Cheers!

-Morg

Last edited by Morg on Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Morg!
And Russian Tea Time sounds like a good idea.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Concerts and meetings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: