StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

SAM 2.0 & Bug Report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
ElPianoman
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 584

ElPianoman is offline View user's profile Send private message ElPianoman's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 8:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't like the idea of a song being played only once a day. I know what the point of it is, so that the streams sound varied, which is great. but for some popular songs, people might never get to listen to them, like the Matrix, i have yet to listen to the suite because its always played when im not online........ its not fair!!!!

i hope i don't sound like im crying. i like the limit better.

just a little request, i don't know if others agree or disagree with me either.
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 8:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes a kind request in the chat or emailing me could get a song or even a whole album put into the playlist.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Kossian
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 1640

Kossian is offline View user's profile Send private message Kossian's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 4:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after a couple of days away (holidays do that), I come back to find the 96K stream is now at 128K...excellent work! It sounds really good to hear more of the frequency range of the music...just have to remember to turn down the subwoofer so the neighbors upstairs don't start complaining... Rolling Eyes

I thought I would weigh in on the "repeating" debate. On one hand, I agree that hearing the same songs over and over again in a short time frame can make things stale and turn listeners away (something I don't think this site wants to do). Given the vast and continually growing library here, you do want a lot of the songs to have an opportunity to get airplay. On the other hand, it makes it difficult for someone to hear the song(s) they'd like to hear/request when they constantly are told it was played recently. That could also turn users away as well, although why would they? I suggest something less than 24 hours, but definitely not less than three hours...something I believe most radio stations adhere to. Maybe something in the middle? As to the actual time (6, 8, 12 hours), that is a decision to be made by those in charge here.

Keep up the good work, guys.
vinnieris
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 1890

vinnieris is offline View user's profile Send private message vinnieris's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:38 am   Post subject: Help! What went wrong? Reply with quote

Sad Streams were working great yesterday and today I'm getting an "unsupported document type" message in RealOne player for the URL http://194.235.129.84:18000/listen.pls when I click on LionShaQ1. Is it me or has something changed? Tried
Windows Media Player 9.1 and still no joy. Any ideas?
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Streams are down at the moment.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
vinnieris
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 1890

vinnieris is offline View user's profile Send private message vinnieris's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:47 am   Post subject: Streams Down Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply. I did a bunch of software updating yesterday and thought I'd done something stupid. Nothing left to do now but go back to sleep. Very Happy
Kossian
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Kossian is offline View user's profile Send private message Kossian's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

After several weeks of submitting requests to listen to various tracks of "Unearthed" (E. S. Posthumus), I decided to order a copy of it. It should be here in a few days... Smile It's a shame I couldn't order it through Amazon to give you guys a kickback, but I am planning on making a donation in the near future. Very Happy

BTW, I noted that when you make a request for a song that fails because it's been recently played, it still counts towards the "Top 20" tabulation. Is this correct? Or should it be only when the song is successfully added to the queue so others don't artificially inflate the count by constant "failed" requests? Not sure if this is a bug or not, nor if this has been discussed in other forum posts (soooo many to read through, my eyes lose focus...), but thought I would mention it. And yes, I did look at Cocles "Mean and condescending"...or whatever it was called...FAQs first.

And on that note...back to some more streaming...

Ken
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Kossian wrote:
And yes, I did look at Cocles "Mean and condescending"...or whatever it was called...FAQs first.Ken

Good boy! Very Happy

It's probably a bug that Jeric will eventually need to fix.

Glad you like E.S. Posthumus.
Neveriwas
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 1990

Neveriwas is offline View user's profile Send private message Neveriwas's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the streams still down?

Any ETA on when they will be back up and 100% again? Smile
Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeessss, they are down. And they will be back up when you donate ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!

Mwahahahaha

Mwahahahahahahaha

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Very Happy
CosmoKramer
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 837

CosmoKramer is offline View user's profile Send private message CosmoKramer's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I started streaming here a couple a months ago, and I must say that despite the errors in the streams, this is my favorite web-radio by far. Keep up the good work, Jeric and co.

I'm not even gonna go into the request db. We all know what's going on there by now.

Finally; am I wrong in saying that winamp 2 is still far superior compared to winamp 3? It loads faster, has more plugins and it uses less resources, and best of all it is still being improved.

Edis
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I talk about Winamp2 and Winamp3 in my FAQ.

Winamp2 is also Ogg compatible while Winamp3 is not.
Winamp3 also has no available plugin for MP3Pro.

Forget Winamp3, stick with 2. It's got the Cocmeister seal approval.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Missing cover: Quidam
Kossian
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen this in awhile...missing cover art. Didn't see cover art for "Halloween III". Then again, not always in front of the computer, as i'm off somewhere else listening to the music.

(Note to self: "Therapy sessions to get away from the computer screen for more than an hour are working...Must...resist...urge...though...") Laughing
Dartagnan
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 291

Dartagnan is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Dartagnan's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... So... Back to mp3pro Shocked

Guys, you're making me kind of crazy! Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: