StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Yoko Kanno

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Composers
View previous topic :: View next topic 
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:49 am   Post subject: Yoko Kanno Reply with quote

This thread is for all things regarding Yoko Kanno. Talk about anything and everything regarding this composer including current or future releases, news updates, interviews, audio samples, etc. Here are a few links which give some basic information regarding the composer:

Yoko Kanno SoundTrack Collector Filmography
Yoko Kanno Wikipedia
Yoko Kanno IMDB
Yoko Kanno Albums on SST

Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoko Kanno will perform at the Otakon convention in Baltimore, USA on Sunday, August 11. The concert is called "PIANO ME" and will be a live solo piano performance. We can hear a glimpse of what the concert will sound like through the following YouTube announcement:

You may have recognized Cowboy Bebop's Tank! followed by Macross Plus Myung Theme, which in my humble opinion are Kanno's best works! I wish there will be other performances, say in Europe? Very Happy

"PIANO ME" is part of a bigger project, a music label called PIANO INC. (how original Smile). The label is already publishing Petal Dance, a movie piano score and will release Song of Departure in July.

Last but not least, Macross Plus soundtracks will be re-released in June this year in Japan to coincide with the blu-ray release of the series.
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

YKFC! Smile

Nice clip Alchemist! Thanks.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA Ladylark
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 13749

Ladylark is offline View user's profile Send private message View Ladylark's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be at this come heck or high water since I'm staff at Otakon. I've missed most of the concerts in the past, not this one.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty cool Ladylark! Please let us know your impressions after the concert!
Ensign

Member#: 13749

Ladylark is offline View user's profile Send private message View Ladylark's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't report back sooner. I've been decompressing from the convention. I worked over 60 hours in 5 days and the highlight of the con was the Yoko Kanno concert.

The concert was opened by Chiaki Ishikawa who most of you might know as the vocalist from See Saw who is on a lot of Yuji Kajikura's STs. It was a good opener and put the audience in the mood for Kanno-san.

Kanno literally bounced out onto stage wearing bunny ears and greeted the crowd. She got the first of several standing ovations just from saying hello. She then kicked off her shoes and the show began.

She opened with a piano only arrangement of "Tank!" from Cowboy Bebop. And the audience went wild. Earlier, we'd been instructed that at certain parts to listen with our hearts, sing along if we felt we needed to sing, and just feel the music. It was an apt instruction. The next few songs were poignant and clearly pulled at the audience's heart. She finished her first set with "Gravity" from Wolf's Rain that was a sing along. 2000 people singing along to her music, it was something.

And it got better. She paused briefly to pull leggings up onto the piano's legs and open the piano's lid. Then the secondary show started. As she played and sang (yes, sang!) interactive video would be projected onto the piano and at times onto Kanno-san herself.

I admit it, I got choked up at a few places. And I just had to let the music carry me where it willed. But I never felt adrift, in Kanno-san's hands I had a guide on this amazing journey through her music. It's really hard to explain.

But for me, being able to attend the concert after everything that happened over the course of the weekend made it all worthwhile. It was the perfect ending to the weekend and it is something that I will never forget.

Here's a link to a good write up of the event with a few pictures. http://www.japanator.com/otakon-13-yoko-kanno-and-piano-me-29396.phtml

I don't know if she is going to go on tour with this. If she does and you are anywhere near where she is going to perform "Piano Me" go. Trust me. Go. You will not regret it.
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ladylark! I hope Yoko will go on a tour, including Europe Wink

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the feedback ladylark! I wish I was there; as Molossus said let's hope it's only the beginning Smile
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

New website with recent news from Yoko Kanno: http://worldwide-yk.com/2014/04/world-wide-yoko-kanno/
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The title sequence for the Netflix Live-Action Cowboy Bebop is live.

I think it's the old recording re-purposed. Are those guys with instruments the actual Seatbelts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Composers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: