StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

updated requests
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA megadith
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 82

megadith is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website megadith's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:13 am   Post subject: updated requests Reply with quote

Very Happy Laughing Razz This is awesome. the new request section is awesome. thanks guys for changing it. i was sorta tired of hitting next every time. Keep upt the good work!!!!
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy that the album groupings are back and can see that Jeric has been hard at work. There is still a place for the search box though so if that can be incorporated back in as well all our (realistic) desires for the request system would be complete. Very Happy

Keep up the good work and bless the admins!
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Sensei did most of the work. We're still working on the request system. Believe me, you will know when it's done. Smile

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 39

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say...the new ease of rating soundtracks (especially seeing the ratings from the request menu), the updated request system, the new logos, the ease of site navigation...SST just keeps getting better and better! And it's infinitely better than when it just used to be a 3 person connection on Shoutcast. Wink

Keep up the great work!!!
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
Thanks guys. Sensei did most of the work. We're still working on the request system. Believe me, you will know when it's done. Smile

As long it's got a search engine Cool

I already am missing it lol!
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:

As long it's got a search engine Cool

I already am missing it lol!

Whine bitch moan! Do you do ANYTHING else Cal? Mr. Green

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

jk2silly wrote:
Whine bitch moan! Do you do ANYTHING else Cal?
Erm yeah, drinking coffee :-)
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! Well! That's OK then. Carry on! Cool
Commander

Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting back to the thread... I like the cross referencing between the Title - Author - and Year. Very handy indeed!
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 82

megadith is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website megadith's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

jk2silly wrote:
Getting back to the thread... I like the cross referencing between the Title - Author - and Year. Very handy indeed!

I agree. This place gets better every time i come back. Keep up the good work guys! Next time i see ya, drinks are on me!! Very Happy
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

great fricking work you three musketeers! I have to say thanks for making the chat disapear in the request page, now i can see all the letters without having to change my computer settings... Smile

*wipes tear from eye* thank you...
USA Goblinmoon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1999

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree. When I first joined I was thinking the request was a bit cumbersome... but now...

Excellent work guys!

Goblin
fatherj
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 2016

fatherj is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail fatherj's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the new stuff too, but I have a request. I realize it probably isn't finished yet, but is there any way to allow the scroll button to work on the list. It only seems to work outside of the search area, which is kind of annoying. I have to click over on the menu listings or the scroll bar itself in order for the scroll button to be of any use. Five years ago this wouldn't have been a problem, but I have grown addicted to my scroll button. I think is has me as its captive. I need my scroll!!!!!

It might just be my POS puter, and if it is, just disregard this message.
Commander

Member#: 12

Sensei is offline View user's profile Send private message View Sensei's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand you correctly you are having trouble using the scroll-wheel/button on your mouse after searching or browsing. Let me try to explain why that doesn't work once and for all... (You are not the first person asking about this Wink) The page you see after you click on Playlist / Requests in the menu can actually be devided into three separate parts. The site itself, and two so-called inline frames (iframes). The first iframe contains the browse by-links. The second iframe contains the search form and search/browse results. When using iframes one has to specify the height of the frame, and one can also specify three different attributes for scrolling: "auto" (default), "yes" and "no". "auto", which the iframe with the search form/results has been using, means that the scrollbar only will be shown if the content in the iframe is longer than the height of the iframe (1 330 pixels). (Try browsing the albums by T and you will see that the second scrollbar is activated. Then you can see where the iframe ends as well.) The "no"-attribute means that the scrollbars will not be shown even if the content exceeds the height of the iframe. (This is used in the iframe that displayes the browsing-links.) The "yes"-attribute means that a scrollbar will be shown but that it only will be active if the content exceeds the height of the iframe. The reason you cannot scroll while your mouse is hovering over the search form/results iframe is because it is actually already at the "bottom" since the content doesnt fill the whole frame. I have now changed the scrolling attribute to yes so that a second scrollbar always will be shown, even if the content does not exceed the height of the iframe. The reason we are using iframes here is because it is easier to change the sections of the playlist-system and where they should be shown. (browse-page goes in that frame and search-page goes in that frame etc...) When using iframes we can specify that only a part of the whole page you see refreshes when you click a link. (the content inside an iframe is actually a html/php-page of its own) This way, searching/browsing goes faster, uses less bandwith and gives a better overview. There, you just completed sensei's introduction course to inline frames and scrolling. Go get your diploma. Wink
Ensign

Member#: 2016

fatherj is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail fatherj's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the clarification. I have never bothered messing w/ frames, and now I know why.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: