StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Can we please rate limit friday the 13th?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Canada Macmee
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 30903

Macmee is offline View user's profile Send private message View Macmee's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:46 pm   Post subject: Can we please rate limit friday the 13th? Reply with quote

It gets played an awful lot. I made a post asking for this 3 or 4 years ago and even still the soundtrack gets requested over and over and over consistently for the past 4 years and counting.

I am still convinced that the requester (one single guy) is actually a bot and is trolling us or has other motives (maybe it's someone who worked on the production).

It's not as though the score is requested once a week. It is meticulously requested every single day, where the requester will request every single song from the score *as soon* as he/she is able to request again (like clock work). So yeah, something is definitely fishy here I think.

And also.... a lot of the songs from the score aren't very good. I'm sure there's a few that are good don't get me wrong... but it's a score so some requested clips are just background noise and shrilly effect type stuff. Non-song audio files really, which further makes me think a bot is just requesting these songs over and over again.

-----

tldr; could an admin maybe just slap one of those google captcha codes on the request page just for the one user who requests friday the 13th every day for the past 4 years? I think he's a bot and that score is kind of icky to listen to 12 times a day.
Germany DieTeeFee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 36042

DieTeeFee is offline View user's profile Send private message View DieTeeFee's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

making new topics about this is not gonna change the issue which has already been discussed in the last topic you opened about this.

SST is built on the idea that everyone can request whatever he/she/it likes. Even though I agree with you on the likability of most of the F13 music, there are probably people somewhere, who like it. So banning it just because a part of SST does not like it would be very unfair. What stops the admins from banning Star Trek next, because it gets played a lot?

Resist all has been witnessed to request other stuff besides Friday 13th. (Such as the Naruto soundtrack and other Horror movie scores) So we can be reasonably sure he is in fact not a bot. Or not only a bot. So harassing ONLY him with a captcha would be equally unfair, and I do not even wanna contemplate the cry out if you slap a captcha on EVERY request.

If you wish to prevent F13 from being played so much, I recommend requesting stuff yourself and keeping the queue long, which in turn minimizes Resists chances of getting a track in.

I personally have grown rather fond of the F13 requests. Not because of their musical quality, but because they are irrevocably connected to SST in my mind now. It's our personal running gag if you will.

Let's all just appreciate our personal freedom whenever F13 plays. Noone is gonna stop you from requesting Frozen, or Final Fantasy, or Bollywood, or whatever stuff you prefer. So lets just let Resist have his Horror movie music.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, the guy or girl is a person, and is not a bot as far as we can tell.
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually thinking the other day that I have seen the F13 requests a lot less, and not on the regular repetition that implied a bot before - but maybe that is just happening at times I'm not on chat.

However, I sympathize with Resist_All ..... I will ALWAYS try & request some Whoooo if there is none in the queue and I expect to be around at the time it plays. The differences are a) there are a few more Whoo albums on here so I play a wider variety and randomize the order and b) in my opinion they are more melodic (and I guess in yours, as you have a couple of Whooo favs). I haven't had many complaints directed to me .... but I would fight hard if anyone tried to limit what I picked. I suspect the difference is that more people agree with my opinion of the music than like Resist's favorites ..... but that doesn't and shouldn't affect what choices he's allowed.

As DTF said - if you don't like the music in the queue, request something you do like. And if you want to influence it more, buy a VIP and request more frequently Smile
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: