StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Remove limitation on favorites of late members

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Remove limitation on fav. list of late members
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poland Albi VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5692

Albi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Albi's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:38 am   Post subject: Remove limitation on favorites of late members Reply with quote

This is related to and inspired by the In Memoriam thread in the Community forum, but I did not want to distract from the contents in that thread.

Today I wanted to request some favorites from PeteC's favorite list because of his recent passing. I noticed that his fav list is a lot shorter than what I remember and I found this quite limiting. I realized that this must be because he no longer has VIP status and my idea / proposal is therefore the following: that SST removes the length limitation on the fav. lists of SST members who have passed away so that the community may request tracks from their full selection of favorites if they so desire, for example on the anniversary of their passing. I don't know anything about the practicalities of how to do this, but perhaps they can become VIP forever or something similar.

I hope many will like / support this idea and that the admin & mods will take it into consideration.

I've added a very simple poll to this thread to indicate your preference.

Thank you!
USA Morg VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 57

Morg is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Morg's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:07 am   Post subject: Re: Remove limitation on favorites of late members Reply with quote

My thoughts are we can give our deceased members permanent VIP status. I think that might be the only feasible way to be able to do it without risking breaking more of the site or having to dive down a coding rabbit hole.

-M

Albi wrote:
This is related to and inspired by the In Memoriam thread in the Community forum, but I did not want to distract from the contents in that thread.

Today I wanted to request some favorites from PeteC's favorite list because of his recent passing. I noticed that his fav list is a lot shorter than what I remember and I found this quite limiting. I realized that this must be because he no longer has VIP status and my idea / proposal is therefore the following: that SST removes the length limitation on the fav. lists of SST members who have passed away so that the community may request tracks from their full selection of favorites if they so desire, for example on the anniversary of their passing. I don't know anything about the practicalities of how to do this, but perhaps they can become VIP forever or something similar.

I hope many will like / support this idea and that the admin & mods will take it into consideration.

Thank you!

Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 57

Morg is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Morg's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:49 am   Post subject: Re: Remove limitation on favorites of late members Reply with quote

UPDATE

PeteC's entire faves list is now available for your requesting pleasure.

-M

Albi wrote:

Thank you!

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 46975

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Morg!
Poland Albi VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5692

Albi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Albi's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Remove limitation on favorites of late members Reply with quote

Morg wrote:
UPDATE

PeteC's entire faves list is now available for your requesting pleasure.

-M

Thank you very much, Morg! Smile

Will the same policy be extended to the other members that you have mentioned in the opening post of the "In Memoriam" thread, or is that something that still needs to be decided? I know I used PeteC as my example, but the idea was for this to be a general thing - apologies if I sound impatient, I'm just curious!
USA MojoPin VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4569

MojoPin is offline View user's profile Send private message View MojoPin's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely a 'yes' vote from me, Albi. I was thinking the same after we lost Cinder, not just because she had so many wonderful tracks saved but also as a reminder of her. Now, alas, Pete & maddog are part of that bunch we will miss. Sad

As Morg noted, "permanent VIP status" is probably the easiest way to achieve that in practical terms. I know it's already active for mods & admin, etc., but maybe we could add another bracket – say, "emeritus" user? – for those who have left us, with their favorites accessible in perpetuity.

And thank you, Morg, for opening up Pete's favorites again. Such a great list! As I used to tell him, he knew where allllll the best little gems were on SST.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: