StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Warning! Warning! Traitor to the Cause!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Caray
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 3:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was you posting those weird Satan/Jesus posts. ow Sad
So you don't have a split personality, shame. That's fun. You should try it, I have much fun with my evil twin. Very Happy Very Happy So forget my post.

Anyway, this to tell you I never called you Kent, and if you want frankness I only find you too stiff in your answers. It's difficult to tell when you are joking or serious. As that thread went on and on and on you sounded more pissed and serious and agressive than joking. That's a lightning rod for some (no names of course Very Happy ) and unpleasant in general.
But not having Cocles' sense of... mmh... humour ? Repartee ? is not a crime either. Very Happy Stay on, Yvond.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 3:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay this is the part where everyone goes on to say what he didn't say, right? Please don't ok...

I think everybody in this forum needs to lighten up, especially in the community section. And Yvond, like Wolf stated earlier, but in a slightly more french style : if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen!
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 10:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

"But you know what's the most ironic thing about this whole situation? The fact that many of you now are guilty of the very things you accuse me of being (not that being a girl, if you really are a girl, is a bad thing ), and the fact that many of you act toward me how you think that I act toward Cocles."

here is the thing goofball. I admited to doing the same thing Wink I said there isn't much room left in the smart-ass group and that i have worked hard to get close to a possible position. Smile

and as for you being or should i say implied as a whimp. Or when your masculinity was attacked. (THAT WAS ME) But Lets think about how i did it, and not exagerate it! Smile I beleive I said, "since yvond has seem to have run away Wink" HMMMmmmm. is there a winky smiley there. I think so! And it would only be attacking your masculinity if you really did run away.

Like i said before, there is a lot of crap that gets thrown around here. I beleive that there was a time when i couldn't even get on the chat without having ten people sign in as me. (and no not because they made a mistake and took somone else's handle. they actually tried to be me.) It got to the point when I was gone some one would come on as me, and curse at people, using information that they lurked out of the chat. oh well!

As for not trusting pixie or cocles... well its the internet. DUH! :p DON'T TRUST ANYONE. Its harsh. I guess if you trust people, don't be lame about it. How many people here do you think trust you? Rolling Eyes

Anyways, you were the one who brought up leavin. And thats your choice, i will not beg you to stay. Wink But I will call you a whimp if you do leave.

I'll end here even though i could drone on for another few hours.
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 11:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

well if we all did not pick on each other then it would show we don't care. just be glad we do Very Happy
Ensign

Member#: 574

Oblique is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Oblique's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 5:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am back from vacation and digging out from being buried from a week of my absence.

Love this thread though.

What a wonderful example of devolution.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 7:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how this thread was created as a way to tease me, yet when Yvond starts taking hell for it, who does he blame?

Yvond, nice job making a jump to the Kent thread as if it's to blame for everything going on here.

You're the one who started this thread, Yvond, and you've got no one to blame but yourself.

As for your picture... If you didn't want anyone else seeing it, maybe you should have PM'd the link to Lego instead of posting is on the public chat. And before you accuse Pixie of "lurking", (as if there's anything wrong with that in the first place) maybe I should direct your eyes to the "Online Now" list below the chat. There's no such thing as lurking these days. Nice try though. Can I offer you a shovel? Wink

P.S. And Yvond, for God's sake, have some dignity and stop fishing for compliments by threatening to leave.
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 7:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn me lurking cover is blown now
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 8:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL.. Mine too. It's terrible. Everytime I walk in now everyone wants my autograph.
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 39

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 9:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles, I wasn't fishing for complements, and I ceratainly didn't write what I did to deflect heat away from me so as to blame the world's ills on you.

I was using it as an example to point out the double standards in people's responses with respect to the two threads, and to show that some of what people chose to write about me was ungrounded. The explanation I gave provided the necessary background to prove my points.

Fear not, personal information will not be so forth coming in the future for you or Pixie to calously play around with. Whether she was lurking or not is besides the point, since what she chose to do is an indication of the lack of respect she has for me. But as my grandmother was fond of saying, "Birds of a feather will flock together." Guess all those cheezy sayings are true, after all.

Enjoy.
Yak E. Tory
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 369

Yak E. Tory is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yak E. Tory's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it your grandmother who first said that? Here and I thought it was older than that.

You talk of double standards? When you call Cocles a traitor, it's just joking; but when somebody else says you have a split personality, THAT'S CROSSING THE LINE, MAN! Too thin-skinned.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 1:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pixie's lack of respect for you? Yvond, nobody has any respect for you, and the only person you have to blame for that is you. Not me. Not Pixie. You.

Hell, you explained it better than anyone:

Yvond wrote:
Perhaps I have become too much of a lightning rod and offended too many people by what I believe and how I've chosen to share with people in the past. Perhaps what was intended to be honest sharing, really was hypocrisy, self righteousness, and the berating and belittling of others.

Ding ding! You get the prize, amigo.

There is no double standard here, buddy boy. The Kent thread was obviously a joke, the entire tone of it was good spirited. This thread on the other hand appears very accusatorial (right down to its title). Personally I saw it as a joke... but then again I see everything as a joke. Everything except for your unwarranted finger pointing at Pixie.

For your information, yeh twinkie, I received the link to your picture from several different sources. So sorry, nice try again. You sure you still don't want a shovel for all the BS you've been burying yourself in?

Last edited by Cocles on Wed May 21, 2003 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 3:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oblique wrote:
Love this thread though. What a wonderful example of devolution.

Okay, don't be afraid, your post will not be ignored, I'll flatter your ego and address your insult to the contributions of the community to this thread.

I think that devolution would mean that the thread started out good and went downhill, which is OBviously not the case.

I'd insult you at this point, but being that you're a 40 year old tax attorney with a wife and kids who spends a lot of his time criticizing and arguing with people half your age really just makes you an insult to yourself.
Ensign

Member#: 574

Oblique is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Oblique's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 10:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Slo Mo ---

Are you saying that you are not worth my time merely because you are young?

Are you saying that the older and wiser persons of our society should not make some investment of their time on the youth of our culture by challenging some of the foolish reasoning that currently exists?

When you get older Slo, I hope you invest in the youth of your culture.

Why do you have such a low opinion of yourself to think that you are not worth my time?

Remember, People are precious.

That includes you.

Oblique
Lieutenant Commander

ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 10:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oblique wrote:

Are you saying that you are not worth my time merely because you are young?

No, that's twisting my words, something which is quite common in your line of work, but something which I don't appreciate.

Oblique wrote:

Are you saying that the older and wiser persons of our society should not make some investment of their time on the youth of our culture by challenging some of the foolish reasoning that currently exists?

OBjection! You are leading the wittness! Nobody proved older = wiser, and nobody proved reasoning not done by you is foolish.

Oblique wrote:
    When you get older Slo, I hope you invest in the youth of your culture.
    Why do you have such a low opinion of yourself to think that you are not worth my time?
    Remember, People are precious.
    That includes you.

How patronizing, and yet how tender.. Touching..
How.. old!!! You already did those lines on Cocles..
Ensign

Member#: 369

Yak E. Tory is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yak E. Tory's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 11:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude! Watch that waffle go! Youch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: