StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Warning! Warning! Traitor to the Cause!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 5:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it interesting, Yvond, that although Cocles is without a doubt the biggest troublemaker on SST, you're still the one who no one seems to like. How do you do it?

I'm most impressed!
Cadet 1

Member#: 1624

JesusChrist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website JesusChrist's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 5:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is simple SlowMo. With me, all things are possible.
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 5:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Why.. Shocked er.. Shocked Shocked son of a **** !! You did come back...
Cadet 1

JesusChrist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website JesusChrist's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 5:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

No my friend. I never really left.
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 5:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh cool, kind of like Elvis?
Cadet 1

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 5:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 5:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus!? Aw, darnit.

Now I'll never win as SST's Sexiest Man!
Caray
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 8:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yvond has a split personality !

Either that or his guardian angel and personal temptator have way too much freedom with him. Yvond, you shouldn't have given them a login access. They are only going to muddle your thinking further. Very Happy
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 10:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SlowMo wrote:
I find it interesting, Yvond, that although Cocles is without a doubt the biggest troublemaker on SST, you're still the one who no one seems to like. How do you do it?

I'm most impressed!

Okay I will handle this one Yvond o Pal!
Since no one is helping Yvond. And Since he ran away Wink I guess I will TRY and defend him.... After all it is what Jesus would do.

First thing first. I like Yvond! Well Actually I like Yvond when he is just quiet, and nice, and being a dork like always. Actually he has taken a turn for the worse, he has become a bigger contribute to a lot of agruments here.

Sorry Yvond, I don't think I can defend you. You've become a prick. And its not even like u do it to joke anymore. Rolling Eyes I would like you a lot more if you were so damn self righteous... i couldn't possibly top WOLF, or Waffle Wink. They said what has been needed to be said already. But let my try to add a little anyways. Very Happy

Yvond we have enough smart ass people here. There are few spots left for new one. I am working damn hard to take one of those spots (*lego's Embarassed attempt to kiss up to SlowMO and Cocles.) I think it would be best for you to play the straight man. But be strong, there is a lot of crap here to take. I think you are just the guy for that job... :d

So buck up "buddy boy" (qoute from real genious) take things like a man, and stop trying to cause trouble. it will only turn on ya. Wink

TTFN! Smile
Yak E. Tory
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 369

Yak E. Tory is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yak E. Tory's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 11:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. If that's what Jesus would do, that pretty much explains the Crusades.

And Caray! Temptator! God DAMNIT that's a great word!
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 12:04 pm   Post subject: God and Evil Reply with quote

Well damn this must be the best freaking site around if Satan and Jesus are posting and listening! Very Happy
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 1:27 pm   Post subject: Re: God and Evil Reply with quote

Obi-son wrote:
Well damn this must be the best freaking site around if Satan and Jesus are posting and listening! Very Happy

DUH! Very Happy

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 39

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 6:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My goodness. Gone for the weekend to see my brother's graduation, and I come back to this.

To all I have offended, I am sorry, and I sincerely ask that you forgive me. This thread was never meant to be taken seriously to begin with, and the only point of my posting it was to provide a joke and a little amusement for the memebers of SST. I was not trying to frame or attack Cocles, pin him to the wall, or try to get him banned from the site. Nor was I trying to instigate trouble, or even get Cocles in trouble with the powers that be. I would have thought, by the nature of what was written, that it would have been clear to everyone that this was never serious, even to begin with. After all, after Cocles' initial response, what happened next was just Cocles and I messing around late (way too late) on Friday night/Saturday morning as a way to burn off some stress as I was writing my thesis.

However, according to the SST community, as a result of the what was originally intended to be some harmless fun, I now have been branded as:

1. A girl
2. A geek
3. Susie, Yolanda, and Kenterina (now, just officially Kenterina)
4. A stalker
5. Having a personal vendeta against Cocles
6. An attacker
7. A hypocrite
8. Mister responsible who knows best
9. Out of my senses
10. Being a wimp (implied), having conveniently run away from the thread
11. Having a split personality
12. A prick
13. Being so damn self righteous
14. A smart ass
15. A trouble maker

But you know what's the most ironic thing about this whole situation? The fact that many of you now are guilty of the very things you accuse me of being (not that being a girl, if you really are a girl, is a bad thing Wink), and the fact that many of you act toward me how you think that I act toward Cocles. Therefore, to try and clear some things up, I'd like to tell a quick story, and let you decide where we go from here.

Not so very long ago, I posted a quick link with a picture of myself using the old chat because I was testing what the University had sent me, and I had plans to possibly use it myself at some point in the future. After posting it, Sarbear and Andres gave me some great input with regard to the format, and as a side effect, word spread like wild fire of the rumoured "Real Life Picture of Yvond".

Several days later, Legolas asked me to see the picture, but I was reluctant to post it again, suspecting that it would probably be used for deviant purposes. Legolas, reassuring me that he just wanted to see it, convinced me to post it one last time, and so I did. Leggy and then Pixie (who had been lurking), both commented on it, and life went on.

Although I cannot prove who exactly did what from this point on, it does not take a "Real Genius" to figure out what most likely happened next. As Pixie lurked, she downloaded the picture, send it to Cocles, and come Monday morning, there I was, right alongside Kent. Yvond now had a new nickname and a new way for everyone to poke fun of, and all was right with the world at SST.

Now when Cocles first posted the modified picture, I was by no means surprised, but more than a little angry that there had been a breach of trust, since I believe Pixie had to have seen my comment about my not wanting to post it because of my fear that it would be used wrongly. I also figured it this was Cocles' way of getting back at me for getting mad at him for abusing his moderator privilages, but doing it in such a way that he'd come off looking just like the same old Cocles.

Be that as it may, instead of deciding to be "a prick" about it, I chose to roll with the punch and play along with the little joke, and not say anything about what had happened, even though several things were very apparent:

1. Pixie and Cocles cannot be trusted to act with integrity.
2. Legolas didn't break the letter of the law with regard to the picture, but secretly wanted to, since he immediately cheered Pixie and Cocles' actions. (But that, of course, makes me the prick. Rolling Eyes)
3. Everyone loves my new nickname, especially when it can be used against me as a way to try and anger me in the middle of a discussion or arguement while on the chat/forums/etc.

For some of you, "Kent" is enough. But for for others, my new nickname seems not to be. Many have now resorted to additional name calling, questioning my masculinity, posting mock links about my faith, and logging in as Satan and Jesus in order to futher berate and belittle what I believe. (Very brave of you by the way---that way we never have to know who you really are.) I cannot even log onto say hi now, without these types of things happening. I laud your actions. Each of you has chosen to act with maturity on par with that of a 5 year old. In addition, it's fabulous that everyone can now call me "Kent", but me playfully calling Cocles "A Traitor" has now become Mother of All Evils.

A little bit ironic, don't you think?

Therefore, if you really, honestly do think that I am all the things that you have now accused me of based upon my previous track record and this latest incident, and if there really is no cause for many of you to look at your own actions and examine how you've chosen to act, and because, as SlowMo so eloquently implied, "Everyone hates you, Yvond, how do you do it?", I'll leave SST if you really want me to.

Perhaps I have become too much of a lightning rod and offended too many people by what I believe and how I've chosen to share with people in the past. Perhaps what was intended to be honest sharing, really was hypocrisy, self righteousness, and the berating and belittling of others. Perhaps I really do hate Cocles and am trying to see him take a fall by stirring up trouble whereever and whenever, I can. Perhaps, but then again, perhaps not.

So, if you want to, simply hold a poll, and see if you really want to get rid of the feminine, too damn righteous, geeky, trouble making, hypocritical, smart ass prick with a personal vendeta against Cocles. Also called, by various people, Yvond, Dork, Freek, Nerd, Moron, Half-Wit, Bible Beater, Bitch, Ass Hole, Fucker, and, of course, everyone's favorite, Kent.
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 10:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I totally thought your name really was Kent, yet I don't think I ever actually called you that. :P

But yeah. No further comment.
Yak E. Tory
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 369

Yak E. Tory is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yak E. Tory's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 12:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
if you really, honestly do think that I am all the things that you have now accused me of...

Do you really, honestly think Cocles a traitor? Nope, you were kidding around. Nobody wants you to leave, Yvond. Nobody else would have ever suggested that. You said it yourself... we're all joking around.

We all WANT you to call Cocles a traitor... even Cocles does. It's fun, and I think he gets a kick out of being the heel. But then when we call you Kent, remember it's with the same spirit.

Lego said it well- there's a lot of crap here to take, and we all get our share. Nobody wants you to leave. Making fun of each other is part of what we do; it's part of the family thing. (As much as this website is the crackiest family of all time).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: