StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Deleting My Account

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Jim_A
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 13205

Jim_A is offline View user's profile Send private message Jim_A's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:43 pm   Post subject: Deleting My Account Reply with quote

This is not a complaint. Nothing … ‘happened.’

I’ve been thinking about this for a while. Over 15+ years much of the climate of this site has changed. And so many people I felt I either connected with, or merely enjoyed the company of, have walked away or rarely come here anymore. It’s a tad heartbreaking. And meanwhile, the owner seems reticent to simply ignore the very concept of updating the new playlist. Ignoring emails and any and all attempts at returning his attention to this site, along with SST’s three sister sites: 80’sFM, DeathMetalFM, EntrancedFM, and AdagioFM.

The writing’s on the wall.

So, I’ve chosen to delete my account, move on, and to never return to SST.

Some of you could care less, I’m sure. For whatever private reasons of your own, you never warmed to my personality in the first place. And others will be only vaguely curious as to any further thought process behind my decision. But I doubt anyone frequenting SST these days will truly miss me, as most of those I made an impression on are long gone, or fading. However, just so you know, this was not a snap decision. Thought about this for many months. Promising myself that if April 28th came around again, and the Playlist had still not been updated, I would simply be an adult and walk away. But then I realized, I don’t really need to wait that long. I’ve been here long enough. When you factor the amount of time you spend on a site like this, into the journey that is your life, it boggles the mind. I first came across this Site in 2002. Possibly not long after it was launched. And I eventually created an account just a few years later, when I was in my early 30’s. I turn 49 in July. Fifteen+ years is a long time. And while the first half of my time spent here was healthy, I’m not so sure that the later years really have been.

It’s true that the uptick in condescending attitudes in chat (& occasionally forums) has played a factor in my decision. And we all know there is currently a massive political rift within the United States. But moreover, and like many who’ve left the site, I have over the years paid for VIP Membership many times, only to witness that patronage disrespected. I don’t even want to go there. And it’s all too easy to discern the intention behind it. And StreamingSoundtraks.com is just not the same site without that unique group of people. And they’re gone. The vibe is different. Like a school with another generation of students, disconnected of the former.

Everything’s different. Place is a ghost town on autopilot. And I don’t feel I belong here anymore.

Feel free to make all the jokes you want in response to this post. I’ll never know about it.

Feel free to blame Jim, along with Nate, for everything.

So long, SST. I will miss the Music and the Laughs. For a time, it was fun.

~ Jim
USA Bruiser VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 3050

Bruiser is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Bruiser's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I will miss you, Jimmy Jim Jim. Sad
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to see you go, Jim_A. I think I understand everything that you said in your post, because I have felt many of these things myself.

I'm sorry we never connected, and I wish you the best in whatever comes your way.
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 18099

CVinHawaii is offline View user's profile Send private message View CVinHawaii's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that. I will miss you. But I will see you on Twitter if not here.

Warm hugs of Aloha,
Maria Maunez
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 46975

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad to say the the only thing in your post that I recognise is discontent with the drought in playlist updates. Probably because I have not witnessed the previous generation... I was six years old when you made your account, and only knew a handful of English words. Smile

Good-bye!
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I'm sure many of us resonate with most of Jim's sentiments. The site certainly is on autopilot. But JERIC could have just closed up shop long ago, and he's kept it up and running. I'm not sure where else I could have access to such a huge library of film, TV, and game music. So, unless there's a better alternative, I'll just turn on the music and let it play...

Mr. Green
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 3050

Bruiser is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Bruiser's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Luther_III wrote:
Hmm. I'm sure many of us resonate with most of Jim's sentiments. The site certainly is on autopilot. But JERIC could have just closed up shop long ago, and he's kept it up and running. I'm not sure where else I could have access to such a huge library of film, TV, and game music. So, unless there's a better alternative, I'll just turn on the music and let it play...

Mr. Green

Same; I like it here. I usually buy music I like anyway. But this is the place I often hear it first.

If JERIC is overwhelmed, we have people who could help with uploading or whatever.
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it’s nice and generous that JERIC keeps this site running.

Updates? I don’t know what to think really... There’s a saying „no news is good news”. But not in this case I’m afraid.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA RobW720
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12946

RobW720 is offline View user's profile Send private message View RobW720's Favorites
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy trails, Jim! Been a long time since we interacted. Enjoy SST retirement Smile

My views do not reflect that of my employers.
Ukraine Locutus76 VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5698

Locutus76 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Locutus76's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Take care Jim!
Sorry to see you go, but if you feel the need to move forward (or rather, into a different direction), then that is what you must do.

Live Long And Prosper!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: