StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Requests for Game STs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic 
SnowyC
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 63

SnowyC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website SnowyC's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 7:44 am   Post subject: Requests for Game STs Reply with quote

Heres a listing of some game soundtracks that would be good to donate towards:

C&C Tiberian Dawn
C&C Tiberian Sun
C&C Red Alert 1
C&C Red Alert 2
C&C Renegade
Samples of above soundtracks and other Westwood games
Worms
Lemmings
DOOM 1&2 - Sample
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - This is one so similar to a real movie soundtrack!
Street Fighter
Streets of Rage 1,2,3

Some Game Albums to consider donating:

FIFA 2000 - The Album
Games Greatest Hits Vol. II

Strike means that album has been added - mol.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 41

Fanatic2k4 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Fanatic2k4's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 11:41 am   Post subject: Requests for Game STs Reply with quote

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... DOOM Soundtrack!!!!! TASTY!
Clem
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 61

Clem is offline View user's profile Send private message Clem's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 11:47 am   Post subject: Requests for Game STs Reply with quote

I think these game tracks are worth a try (althought this is a long list).
What do you think Jeric? [Smile]
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 7:21 pm   Post subject: Requests for Game STs Reply with quote

I'm in total agreeance with Trilobyte. I too want more classical-influenced music. But whether it's a game or a movie makes no difference to me. I know I may have deviated from the playlist format a little bit with the additions of the Unreal series. But I like a little diversity and besides some of that music really kicks ass. I'm pretty picky on what I add to the playlist and I assure you there won't be any 8-bit, bee-bop, techno VG music being added.

Not to totally discard Snowy's recommendations but Trilobyte is right, or at least I agree about the lack of quality on at least the C&C music. If it's not orchestrated/symphonic then it really doesn't have much of a chance. I'm also staying far away from the Various Artists movie soundtracks because they're practically Top 40 garbage anyway. There are some exceptions too to that rule. But those are unresistable classics like Top Gun and The Breakfast Club and coming soon, Purple Rain. I like these mixed in because it's nice to hear vocals once in a while. Which reminds me...

The Disney recommendations that Trilobyte made in another post were all added to my wish list the day prior! But I just need the funds to be able to get these. But now is not the right time for me to be begging for donations when this great radio station could be shut down by CARP in 3 weeks. That wouldn't be fair to whoever donated.(But I do need a $5 donation though to complete my next order [Big Grin] )

The 3 disney albums will be ordered next month.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 7:26 pm   Post subject: Requests for Game STs Reply with quote

The next game music that is most likely to be added is the Riven, Myst, Exile series.

Trilobyte
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 58

Trilobyte is offline View user's profile Send private message Trilobyte's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 2:38 am   Post subject: Requests for Game STs Reply with quote

I think that game music should be put at a lower priority. The focus should be more towards classical-influenced music made for films. What I fear from the excessive addition of game soundtrack is this site would eventually morph into another pop/techno station.

Yes, I understand that there are some games that feature great classical-style music. I have no objection for that. I am only afraid that people will get carried away with game music and deter the site from its music-for-movies path.

Similarly, I really don't think that techno-style music from movies should be added either. In short, movie soundtracks should come first; game music can wait.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 58

Trilobyte is offline View user's profile Send private message Trilobyte's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 2:57 am   Post subject: Requests for Game STs Reply with quote

I have listened to some of the music from the link, and would just like to say what I think.

The "Lands of Lore" soundtrack is OK, because at least it has a nice chorus [Smile] . But I find the music from "Command and Conquer" and "Red Alert" simply unbearable, with the crashing electric guitars pulsing random notes. How can music this harsh and unsettling be an enjoyable listen on radio? This is precisely the type of music that I fear will dominate Streaming Soundtracks if the trend is to continue.

The comments are only my opinion; please don't take any of them personally.
Cadet 3

Member#: 63

SnowyC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website SnowyC's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 3:11 pm   Post subject: Requests for Game STs Reply with quote

I assume you have ruled out the rest of the games which you haven't sampled but game music from Lemmings are classical pieces of piano playing.

Metal Gear Solid 2 is just so film like that it makes no sense to dismiss this one.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 3:49 pm   Post subject: Requests for Game STs Reply with quote

Thanks SnowyC, I'll check those out.

PurpleRen
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 81

PurpleRen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PurpleRen's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 10:24 am   Post subject: Requests for Game STs Reply with quote

Yeah, Metal Gear... film? game? who cares...wanna hear it!! hehe

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 3:52 pm   Post subject: Requests for Game STs Reply with quote

I'm considering Metal Gaer 1 & 2 to be added to the playlist.

JorentheCole
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 425

JorentheCole is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website JorentheCole's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:05 am   Post subject: Requests for Game STs Reply with quote

to all concerned or annoyed,
I, too, have game music, that I would think would add to the flavor of these somewhat classical pieces.
I have played the C&C series up 'til RA2 (Red Alert 2), which, to the uninitiated, came After TS (Tiberian Sun), and I agree with all the dissonance. Adding industrial, techno, and sometimes heavy metal to a classically dominated web-radio will be a little much (Can you see a song from Titanic, being followed by "Crush" or "Stomp"?). I agree that adding "Hell March" v. 1 or 2 would be a nice addition, being that it is the main theme of the "Red Alert 2" series and is one of my fav's from RA and the C&C games themselves, but I would rather see more pieces from games that actually may have a chance in this classically dominated format.
For example, C:SOTN (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) would be a nice addition, because not only does it have some addicting, bordering sometimes on annoying after you've played the game as much as I have (but still good), the kicker being that it has a FASTER and the closet to the original, in terms of speed, "Vampire Killer" song (I love that song; I have both the C:SOTN version and the original (nintendo version) [Smile] .)
There is also a version of "Protoman's Theme", from MegaMan 3, that is pretty classic (to me) and classical; it starts out with a marimba playing the opening (I'm a "has-been", "in my free time now" percussionist, so I can fairly guess with some degree of accuracy (what percussion instrument is being played)). Do not ask me for these songs, please. I Can tell you which artist and/or album they come from, but I cannot tell you how I acquired them.
The Megaman 3 soundtrack can probably be found on the "Wily Wars" Collection("), while the C:SOTN soundtrack can be found, legally, probably from either asking Konami themselves and asking, or I will do some research and get back to you, since I know a few fan sites that would know (and saying to the webmaster "Go fetch!" would be just wrong [Wink] ).
Regarding current soundtracks, I haven't heard all your collection of CT (Chrono Trigger) OSV (Original Soundtrack "something that starts with "V"" [Smile] ) so I do not know if SST (I'm guessing "Streaming SoundTracks, but I'm still new (to this) [Wink] ) has all the ones (songs) that are out there, legally and not in MIDI (have no clue; sorry), for CT. I hope they do, 'cause I was a big fan (back in HS (High School [Wink] ). Also, I was wondering if anyone could tell me, do they have "Dancing Mad" by Nobuo Uematsu for Final Fantasy six? If not, there is a new album out called "Black Mages", by Nobuo Uematsu, that chronicles his work through Final Fantasy 5-?. I'm guessing it would also have "One Winged Angel" (by Nobuo Uematsu) that was the one of the final boss themes (there were three final bosses in the American version; this one was the second) for Final Fantasy seven that is classical and addicting (they even threw in some vocals!).
I apologize for writing such a long post, but I am still used to the "unlimited space" of e-mail and Microsoft Word, and will take some getting used to this. Also, to any who care, the reason for my many usage of parentheses is due to my schizophrenia (seriously), and, thusly, my thoughts are disorganized.
Thank you for your time,
JorentheCole
P.S.- if my signature is too long, I will shorten it with comment...
JorentheCole
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 425

JorentheCole is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website JorentheCole's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:23 am   Post subject: Requests for Game STs Reply with quote

whoops,
I Really should proofread my Own posts [Smile] .
anyway, as I was saying about C:SOTN, it is also nice, soothing, or even sometimes haunting, music. I do warn you, though. There is this one piece that is played when you (first) go into the clock tower (I can't name the piece; sorry; I'll do some reasearch, if you want, and get back to you.) and is somewhat deceptive, because it starts out nice and classical, but then goes into a hard (electric) guitar solo, then back into a somewhat classical piece, with (electric) guitar background (or vice versa with the classical and (electric) guitar thing; haven't played that game, since I've been away at college [Frown] (which is good in and of itself, don't get me wrong...; I'll get "dignity" when I get out (hehe) [Smile] ).
Anyway, C:SOTN, like the other game soundtracks I have mentioned, would be nice additions, IMOHO (In My Own Humble Opinion; not what it says if you sound it out [Wink] ).
Thank you for your time, "yet again",
JorentheCole
USA Goblinmoon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1999

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:15 pm   Post subject: Game vs. classical Reply with quote

I think there are alot of game soundtracks that could truly fall into a true classic sense of scoring.

I'm thinking of some of the Final Fantasy scores, and Kingdom Hearts, surprisingly good considering they're games. Plus one of my all time favorites, Gabriel Knight.

Goblin
Zack
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 256

Zack is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Zack's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, a motion towards Doom's st and a second, over a year ago, without my getting involved at all. Cool =P

Unfortunately, the only official Doom soundtrack is no longer available, all the available music is scattered free mp3s and the original midis, and it's not "classicy" like some GOOD soundtracks.

Wait! Don't skip the rest of this post! I have something relevant to say! Smile

There is an old game for the PC and Playstation (among other systems??) circa 95 or 96 (or later?) called "Heart of Darkness." The score was not only classical, but it contained some of the best VG music I've ever listened to--almost up there with Metal Gear Solid. Last time I searched for the soundtrack, it was pretty much long gone. But if you could manage to get a copy of the CD, Jeric, that'd rock.

EDIT: I created a new request topic for this score, with relevant links and more accurate information: http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=965
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: