StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

What was your first soundtrack?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Taralee
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 12651

Taralee is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Taralee's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one I bought was Armageddon by Trevor Rabin, but I always loved the music from movies and tv shows as a kid... I just never knew you could buy the cds until I found the Armageddon soundtrack.
crystalstare
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 10891

crystalstare is offline View user's profile Send private message crystalstare's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides my muppet and disney soundtracks, my first non-family movie ST was Interview with the Vampire, although admittedly I bought it for G'N'R doing Sympathy for the Devil
couf
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 13207

couf is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website couf's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Taralee wrote:
The first one I bought was Armageddon by Trevor Rabin, but I always loved the music from movies and tv shows as a kid... I just never knew you could buy the cds until I found the Armageddon soundtrack.

Know the feeling! You could say I'm quite new to ST's cause first was LOTR Fellowship. After that, started to get older stuff as well
Bijou
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 13079

Bijou is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Bijou's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

First ever i think was Sound of Music, on tape.

First CD was The Lion King.

Wow, remenicing now...k, i'm done.
Netherlands Heretic
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 12756

Heretic is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Heretic's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

My first soundtracks where LotR return of the King and PotC.
Pendrillion
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 13122

Pendrillion is offline View user's profile Send private message Pendrillion's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

My first Soundtrack was the Batman Returns Soundtrack ond Cassette Smile

After a few Years my first buyed CD was "The Best of Science Fiction" A compilation with a various selection of Main Themes, from 60's to the mid 90's. Wink
Belgium Irulan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 13572

Irulan is offline View user's profile Send private message View Irulan's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My first soundtrack was the Lion King on casette, but it was a present.The first Cd I bought was a John Williams compilation from a collection named Great Composers, or something like that
OptimisprimalX
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 13611

OptimisprimalX is offline View user's profile Send private message OptimisprimalX's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrono Trigger, and all the Final Fantasy games started me off. The movie soundtrack that got me started was Gladiator.
Auroter
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 13482

Auroter is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Auroter's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Fantasy IX for the games, Top Gun for the movies. First movie OST was probably The Rock by Zimmer.
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know if it counts, but to going far, far back to my childhood days I'd say "Fantasia" (Cassette) was my first soundtrack.

Then there was nothing a long period (classical music and pop/rock instead), but then, I think "Symphonic Star Trek" (Erich Kunzel, Cincinati Pops Orchestra) was the 2nd.
Of course I also have to mention "The Lion King", but that was my sisters CD.

But after that, it just started to get out of control... Wink Smile Razz
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My uncle had the original Star Wars on vinyl! Oh my, if I could only find that now, what a collectible! I was a bit too young to appreciate the music at the time; I just remember looking at the pictures in the insert.

Much later a friend loaned me a CD of a compliation of movie music: Star Wars Main Titles, Imperial March, Chariots of Fire and others I can't remember. I was hooked. You can buy soundtracks?!? I had no sense of what was out there, however, and had no money of my own to blow on CDs. (Kids, this was before the days that youngsters had money, fancy clothes, cell phones...)

Later another friend played Conan the Barbarian, and it blew my mind. Then Last of the Mohicans, then Bram Stoker's Dracula...

What an expensive habbit.
jbarta VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 10794

jbarta is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View jbarta's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My first soundtrack was Independence Day, my brother had a couple of John Williams compilation CD's.

Latest additions:
Unearthed
The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe
Kingdom Of Heaven

jlbarta
Dufresne
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5408

Dufresne is offline View user's profile Send private message Dufresne's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Luther_III, my first was Star Wars on vinyl (they didn't call it Episode IV waaaaaay back then!)
I loved the music and really loved the pictures on the inside. I would listen to it on my big brothers record player (lol!) on those big, funky, crazy seventies headphones that weighed about 5 lbs. Good times!
stokelyX
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 13692

stokelyX is offline View user's profile Send private message stokelyX's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

long time ago...I think it was grease on vinyl I got at christmas

but wait...it could also be dirty dancing on vinyl
flo_pro
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 13831

flo_pro is offline View user's profile Send private message flo_pro's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was young(er) I heard the Star Wars theme once in radio and that was the beginning of my soundtrack "passion". To get it I first used a casetterecorder to record it from TV (via microphone), because I did not know you could buy Soundtrack CDs - kind of loony. Of course the quality was out of question, but this was my first "soundtrack".
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: