StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

20 minute tracks....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:59 pm   Post subject: 20 minute tracks.... Reply with quote

Being that this is something that was brought up in the chat today... And it is kind of personal for me now. I thought it was a good for the community to discuss and let them vent... Cool

So apparently some people here "bitch" and whine about these long songs that are requested and thrown in the queue... They complain for two reasons,
1. It backs up the queue and they have to wait to here there request, sometimes missing it cause they are leaving for home soon...
2. They really just dislike some of the long songs, and unlike other songs they may dislike these songs have to be heard for 20 minutes at times.

Today there were two 20-minute songs close together... Shocked I don't know if it was a joke or not... And surprisingly I didn't even complain today.1Razz but yet someone made a comment on it. And it was taken as a complaint... not some guests here, some regular members, old timers even hate it when anyone whines about these longs songs... so basically they begin to whine that those others are whining. (Pretty funny when you think about it) Laughing

Anyways some people use the old cop out of saying "I don't mind those longs songs so long as they are good." I even have used this to keep peace Twisted Evil ... But there is still the truth that the longer songs, even if you are totally in love with them and even maybe your sister likes em too. The point is that it is still selfish, because if even one person doesn't like it they have to wait 20 minutes to comeback to the stream... Now I am not saying being selfish is bad... I am one of those selfish bastards Wink but I am not going to be upset, if anyone starts whining. I can't get mad at them for not enjoying my picks... I pick them for me...

I guess these long songs maybe need to be dealt with... Maybe us short pickers and the long pickers can reach some sort of truce. Lets not let the sunset on this family Smile lets come together and get this solved...

Last edited by Legolas on Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=5879#5879
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay pixie sense you decided to come to your own idead on how to start this up i guess i have to post here now... Hmm. Well i guess my original post in the forums would have to be about maybe that if you request a 20 minute song you should wait longer to queue again, or hell maybe we can break them up some how... I really don't want to be responsible for taking away you precious looong songs so i won't vote just yet.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Leggy, you really need to start proof reading your posts.
Van
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 255

Van is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Van's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Some long songs are bad, some are good. I agree with your view, Legolas. We shouldn't be forced to sit through them constantly if we don't like the track. Maybe we could have a system that limits the number of times they can be requested. I don't like the idea of removing them altogether, that's unfair to the people who DO like them. I don't know about splitting them up, because that could possibly ruin the song.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

They can already only be requested once every two days, just like everything else. Do you want something else?
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

X files is my biggest prob. Others will back me on that one... Its 31 minutes and it sounds like a broken record... Same x-files them repeated over and over again... really bothersome IMHO.. Maybe that could be once a week if that. Wink
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the X-files track is requested so much is because the requester likes to see the people whine about it in the chat. Not because he/she likes it.

So either people should stop whining about it in the chat. Or it should be removed. The first option is probably not feasible. So I would suggest the second one :-) Disable it from the request system.

I am only talking about this one. I personally like tracks other long tracks like Crimson Tide's 'Alabama'.

Again my two eurocents
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gone Smile

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
It's gone Smile

Thanks! We will see which track the requester will pick next to annoy us.

I hope it is Alabama Cool

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it's "The Peacemaker - Chase (17:03)"

I also deleted the whole album of "Apocalypse Now" and half of "2001, A Space Odyssey".

USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit late for spring cleaning. but good work! I won't miss those tracks Wink
USA Goblinmoon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1999

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit that I agree... I was on at the same time as Leggy yesterday and it was painful. The other long one is the one interminable song from Chariots of Fire. I like the score, but perhaps that one track?

Goblin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Goblinmoon wrote:
The other long one is the one interminable song from Chariots of Fire. I like the score, but perhaps that one track?

Done

FrozenHan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 440

FrozenHan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View FrozenHan's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray for the purge!! Very Happy

Thank you, Jeric the Wise
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

--Tyler Durden
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: