StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Stories from Isolation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:10 pm   Post subject: Stories from Isolation Reply with quote

Hey, everyone. I was wondering how you were doing, since most of us are probably in some form of self-isolation/social distance at this point. Me? The kids have been home for 2 weeks and will be for another month. They do some schoolwork, lots of Minecraft, and ride their bikes. I'm trying to write and keep up with my submissions, though publishing, like everything else, is totally a mess right now.

Are you keeping safe? Going out of your mind? SST is here for you.
Germany danleich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 37055

danleich is offline View user's profile Send private message View danleich's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Stories from isolation? I have one: For the first time in five years I managed to annoy my neighbours so much, that they rang my doorbell Very Happy With good reason, we were drilling holes into the concrete walls, everybody who ever lived in a "Plattenbau" knows: that takes effort and time. And since we had to drill eight holes in total, that took some time Very Happy Was probably also not the best idea to do that on a saturday early afternoon Very Happy so yeah, that happened Very Happy

Apart from that things are relatively smooth on my end, everyday feels like the day before, but if my counting is correct, I am in home office for almost two weeks now. It is sometimes productive, sometimes productive in household things, sometimes not productive at all. But having SST on the speakers instead of on the headphones is a huge delight throughout the day Smile

Stay safe everyone Smile
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

As a founder member of Hermits (Un)United and someone who works from home anyway I was expecting the self-isolation to be very much situation-as-normal for me but it is surprisingly chafing. While we are not in full-lockdown yet only one of my three usual excursions (gym, restaurant & food shopping) is available and heading out the door to purchase food feels both exciting and strange as if I am doing something I shouldn't.

I would also usually have or at least be planning a number of trips at this point in the year and having those cancelled and none that can be scheduled for the future as yet hurts, particularly being unable to visit family.

And then I hear a number of people talking of "Isolation projects" of things they will do with the extra time and yet I don't feel like I have more than an hour or two extra in the whole week.
Captain

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear that, Dragonel. So many places are saying that this is a chance to be more creative, but I don't have the energy. Though I keep submitting, and I did get something accepted at Tor.com. Let you know when it's live.

I just learned that my kids' after school care has laid off 90% of their workers. That hit me hard, but I don't know if there's anything I can do to help.
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 49425

pretzelmonkey82 is offline View user's profile Send private message pretzelmonkey82's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:24 pm   Post subject: I'm going crazy! Reply with quote

My isolation health wise is fine. When it comes to my mental state, that is a whole other beast. I'm a bit of an extrovert so not getting to be in public spaces with lots of people is quite sad for me!

At least I have my schoolwork to keep me company. I'm currently in my 2nd year of nursing school. Boy has this pandemic had an impact! We haven't been in a clinical setting since before Spring Break which was approximately one month ago. We are supposed to be doing rotations in the ICU and ER right now but that's not allowed. So we shifted to having them online. Which is horrible! The way that it's looking around here, Oklahoma, we won't be doing clinicals in our last semester (over the summer) either. Which means that by the time we are licensed and working in our first nursing job we will not have seen a patient in 6 months! It's nuts!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 46975

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It greatly differs, for me! I am with my family, and we are doing very good; very little fighting and negativity. But at this time I wish that I wasn't studying. If this was the summer vacation, I would be completely fine: lots of fun stuff to do. But I have courses I want to complete, and it's a challenge to keep motivating myself, and to plan my days well now that there is very little structure to base it on.
I also dislike that there are things I want to do but can't because I need things that are at home (eg. books, electronics). Tomorrow I will attempt to take the train to my home and back, to get those things, do the dishes and laundry if they are still there after 2-3 weeks, and hopefully also record some piano performances with my digital piano, to get something good out of it. The travel time is way longer than usual, and usually I don't go to and fro in one day, so I wonder how I'll feel spending 5 hours on the train in one day. Wink
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:39 pm   Post subject: Re: I'm going crazy! Reply with quote

pretzelmonkey82 wrote:
My isolation health wise is fine. When it comes to my mental state, that is a whole other beast. I'm a bit of an extrovert so not getting to be in public spaces with lots of people is quite sad for me!

Welcome to the forums, pretzelmonkey82. I wish it were under happier circumstances, but we're here for you. Also, I love your avatar pic.

Yesterday I sewed a pair of face masks. I have since learned that the fabric I chose (i.e., the fabric I had on hand) is probably not great. So I'll make my husband wear both when he goes to the grocery store tomorrow. Or we'll get it delivered; I dunno.
Netherlands 607
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 46975

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:22 am   Post subject: Re: I'm going crazy! Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:

Yesterday I sewed a pair of face masks. I have since learned that the fabric I chose (i.e., the fabric I had on hand) is probably not great. So I'll make my husband wear both when he goes to the grocery store tomorrow. Or we'll get it delivered; I dunno.

Is he ill?
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no one is ill in my house, thank goodness and thank you for asking. I'm just afraid of him picking up something more than eggs and milk when he goes out among people.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:37 am   Post subject: Re: I'm going crazy! Reply with quote

pretzelmonkey82 wrote:
We haven't been in a clinical setting since before Spring Break

Hi pretzel. I'm surprised you aren't being pressed into service yet for taking tests or helping out on other non-urgent things that could free up already-qualified staff. But I hope you are safe and not pushed into the front line too soon.

LadyInque wrote:
Yesterday I sewed a pair of face masks. I have since learned that the fabric I chose (i.e., the fabric I had on hand) is probably not great.

I sewed a few masks over the weekend (extra large to cover my snout!). I'm not sure about the materials either, but even if they only catch the larger particles, they should be better than nothing.
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 9:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I was listening to "The Future Ain't What it Used to Be." The lyrics were so apropos for a song that's over 20 years old, I was belting them out myself. Also I'm a little mad at a friend for constantly refusing to do virtual social stuff, so singing was cathartic.

This is the most recent version of the song I could find, but the original from Original Sin by Pandora's Box is my preferred.

(Does anyone know why I can't get the YouTube tag to work on the forums? It used to be so cool to embed the video right there.)

fixed it for you Lady. Changed „https:” to „http:” - mol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: